What's new

Kava Society NZ Kelai single cultivar

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I have exactly the same experience with kelai vs palarasul. 0 anxiety from Kelai but sometimes from palarasul. I love them both but have to be careful with the latter. Maybe I should try some of this KT savusavu
Thanks for yet further assurance that I have retained- some- witts haha.

Yes man, if you have not yet tried KT Gourmet Savusavu, do it sometime. It never failed to put me in the happiest and most relaxed place every time and very potent and fairly long-lasting as well without tapering off from that pleasant peaceful mental state.

Edit- please keep using KS at same time. I never mean to talk down on them for their unbeatable service and excellent Kavas. Just nice if everybody can get a slice of the pie.

The kelai is so lovely and uplifting. I need some. Gonna order real soon.

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I agree as well. The Kelai doesn't seem to produce that buzzing underlying feeling of anxiety that some heady kavas seem to cause.
Oh yes, forgot- also this is why I, like yourself, combine different Kavas to equalise and harmonise the experience.

20 grams each of KS Melomelo, and KWK Pouni Ono, was sublime and those two cultivars alone not quite my cup of tea.

Tonight, the rushy, ungrounding aspect of the Pouni was prefectly tempered from the first shell, by the blissful, anxiolytic effects of N@H WoW. Again, 20 grams of each , bag shaken with lecitin, twice washed in 400 ml each time.

The noticeble thing is thia method,,vs Aluball- the second wash is virtually as thick as the first wash.

I am convinced that this particular bag shaking method is significantly more Potent than the Aluball. And actually easier in a way because I am sure you could prepare up to 60 grams no problem just do 3 washes and you would have a good social brew to get you started off there with a fraction of the work of shaking 3 or 4 Aluballs.

It just comes natural to me though this random combination thing having been a medical cannabis user for many decades. I think it is well worth experimenting and playing around with different combinations of cultivars because it's literally like a different experience and affect every time even if you only change the proportion of the same two.

Keeps things fresh IMO.

But I don't know a fraction what you guys do about kava so please excuse me if I'm talking a load of codswallop lol! Wellest wishes to you all tonight from United Kingdom.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Keeps things fresh IMO.
I'm finding this myself. So far with a minimum base of 1/2 Kelai it's making for some really great combinations. Kelai / Tongan is a bell ringer. Kelai / Kava Supreme is a almost an unexpected trip to the sink it was so strong. Kelai and Ambae's had me falling down the stairs that aren't there. I had to cut back the Ambae's even further and it's now 2/3 Kelai and 1/3 Ambae's. I can handle that. I suppose I could have just cut back the dosage all together, but that's quitter talk. That 40g really is the sweet spot.

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
I'm finding this myself. So far with a minimum base of 1/2 Kelai it's making for some really great combinations. Kelai / Tongan is a bell ringer. Kelai / Kava Supreme is a almost an unexpected trip to the sink it was so strong. Kelai and Ambae's had me falling down the stairs that aren't there. I had to cut back the Ambae's even further and it's now 2/3 Kelai and 1/3 Ambae's. I can handle that. I suppose I could have just cut back the dosage all together, but that's quitter talk. That 40g really is the sweet spot.
I have some ambae coming as well. Be interesting to see that combo :)

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
Thanks for yet further assurance that I have retained- some- witts haha.

Yes man, if you have not yet tried KT Gourmet Savusavu, do it sometime. It never failed to put me in the happiest and most relaxed place every time and very potent and fairly long-lasting as well without tapering off from that pleasant peaceful mental state.

Edit- please keep using KS at same time. I never mean to talk down on them for their unbeatable service and excellent Kavas. Just nice if everybody can get a slice of the pie.

The kelai is so lovely and uplifting. I need some. Gonna order real soon.
Haha no worries about me not using KS, their kava is may favorite of everything I've tried. Still love to keep as much of a variety as possible on hand at all times though. Actually, the kava I drink most of is cactus because it always makes me feel awesome and is really affordable. Really I like alot of vendors but just have had some of the most found experiences from KS. Especially from the borogoru.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Haha no worries about me not using KS, their kava is may favorite of everything I've tried. Still love to keep as much of a variety as possible on hand at all times though. Actually, the kava I drink most of is cactus because it always makes me feel awesome and is really affordable. Really I like alot of vendors but just have had some of the most found experiences from KS. Especially from the borogoru.
Hi. I have an unopened kg of KS Borogoru I have not tried yet, so your comments on that entice me!

I cracked anyway and ordered me some more Kelai, I was just itching for it! 2 kg's en route.

Even though I just received an order of WoW kava.
Wow could those two be much more different in effects, while still both being equally capable of being someone's "cup of tea"?

I mean, I have grown to really like the WoW.
But still adore the Kelai feeling.

No experience of Cactus Kava myself. I expect they don't ship to UK most likely.

I am currently trying TKR Tongan Family Reserve last week or so.

Wow it's surprisingly potent actually. Heady, not too stimulating like Fijian or Pouni Ono can be for some. More mentally energizing and calming at the same time.

30 grams last night felt like 40 grams easily.

Can't wait to have some Kelai in rotation again.

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
Hi. I have an unopened kg of KS Borogoru I have not tried yet, so your comments on that entice me!

I cracked anyway and ordered me some more Kelai, I was just itching for it! 2 kg's en route.

Even though I just received an order of WoW kava.
Wow could those two be much more different in effects, while still both being equally capable of being someone's "cup of tea"?

I mean, I have grown to really like the WoW.
But still adore the Kelai feeling.

No experience of Cactus Kava myself. I expect they don't ship to UK most likely.

I am currently trying TKR Tongan Family Reserve last week or so.

Wow it's surprisingly potent actually. Heady, not too stimulating like Fijian or Pouni Ono can be for some. More mentally energizing and calming at the same time.

30 grams last night felt like 40 grams easily.

Can't wait to have some Kelai in rotation again.
Yeah, not sure about cactus shipping to UK they very well may not. But yeah your comments have given me plenty of ideas for kavas to try! I usually don't do well with fijians for some reason, can get nausea as it seems the only kavas that gave me nausea in the past were fijians.

The borogoru, my favorite experience with that stuff is when I can sleep at night or wake up in the middle of the night. I mix up a shell of borogoru and it puts me into a deep sleep. It's actually the best sleep kava I've tried. I have a bag of it and their melo melo on the way now. Excited because it is the only one of their kavas I haven't tied yet!

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
A very fine kava indeed! This stuff was incredibly good. The flavor is unlike anything I've experienced in my kava drinking. Each time I would take a shell I'd have to ask myself if they flavored it with something, but I think its just really high quality peeled kava. Medicinal grade root.

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
What I noticed about all the NZ Society kavas is they are so finely ground. There are hardly any makas left. It is almost as if this is a micro. I don't if anyone has tried this as a micro (without straining).

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
What I noticed about all the NZ Society kavas is they are so finely ground. There are hardly any makas left. It is almost as if this is a micro. I don't if anyone has tried this as a micro (without straining).
What type of strainer are you using? I did notice it was a bit finer ground than other kavas I'm used to, but my strainer does catch it.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
We recommend using 70-100 micron strainer for the best results. :)