What's new

Kava Supreme current batch very weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
The last shipment from a few weeks ago seems to be a different strain. The taste differs (really good) and the grind is very fine like micronized. But I am really disappointed how weak it is. The last batch made me sleep like a stone. Now it has few effects. Wouldn't buy this Kava again and think it should have been sold under another name.
Anyone else recognized this?

krunk-da-krunk

Krunk-a-dee-da-krunk-da-krunk
New guy here.

hearing you say that is some what good news for me to hear. I just tried Kava for the 1st time got a 4oz bag and a aluball. I hardly felt anything and I do know about the reverse effect thing and thought maybe it was that. After seeing a experienced Kava user say that I will try something else and see how it works for me.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
The last shipment from a few weeks ago seems to be a different strain. The taste differs (really good) and the grind is very fine like micronized. But I am really disappointed how weak it is. The last batch made me sleep like a stone. Now it has few effects. Wouldn't buy this Kava again and think it should have been sold under another name.
I did notice the finer grind, better taste, and a creamier complexion. That said I bought it for painkilling after a surgery I had to endure without any anesthetic other than full blast death metal (Finntroll - Blodsvept did the trick) and the painkilling worked. I didn’t notice anything beyond that other than it kicked my ass all over the sidewalk. Ymmv, obviously. I made 4 tbs double aluballs with 400 ml water on the first wash and 300 mls on the second. This was a week ago.

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
My recent batch that I got a week or two ago has been just good as prior batches for me. Still feels nice and strong and what I expect of supreme. Not sure if there could be variation within their current stocks that would account for your experience?

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
How much gramms are 4 tbs? I never needed more than 15-20g. Sometimes I fell asleep while watching TV in the evening.
My bags are 8 oz bags. A red sticker says Expiration is 12/9/20. The 8 oz bags I had before were much stronger.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
How much gramms are 4 tbs? I never needed more than 15-20g. Sometimes I fell asleep while watching TV in the evening.
My bags are 8 oz bags. A red sticker says Expiration is 12/9/20. The 8 oz bags I had before were much stronger.
That’s so sad this batch isn’t working as well for you. I just tried this two weeks ago for the first time and it knocked me out cold. I even fell asleep watching zombies tear people’s faces off on tv.

That being said, I’ve had particular strains of kava not work for me while they worked great for everyone else. Sometimes it just bees that way I guess.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
let me look i just got some in the mail today and this is always my go to kava! I wish i had some before reading this so their was no contamination of thought before hand! lol but must be fate because i usually would've whipped it up by now. Brb

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Mine say 12/9/20
so far so good ... its giving me that classic feeling made two tablespoons (heaping ) dont know the grams dont have my scale with me..
you should keep some for a sample

SnoopyDL

I've needed 4+ tablespoons to feel anything from other kavas such as KWK or Cactus Kava. With the kava supreme I received yesterday I tried out two heaping tablespoons and felt it immensely. You may have a different batch then the most recent although the grind sounds like what you're talking about.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
typically 4 TBS of grind = 25g

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Do you also have 8 oz bags with Exp. Date 12/9/20?
I've had a couple of bags with that date. They have been acceptable to my standards -- not as strong as the most potent batches but still more potent than most other kava products available. The strength of Supreme fluctuates from batch to batch but I have never found it to be an ineffective waste of money. The batches last spring and summer seemed to pack the most sedating punch (I would often end up falling asleep wherever I happened to be sitting when drinking). Even still, it's my goto root to boost the effects of whatever other weak root I end up buying.. Have you tried more than 4 Tbsp? My normal dose with supreme is 8-10 Tbsp (8 being my lowest dose with pretty much any kava) with varying amounts of water depending on the strength of the batch and how long I want the session to last.

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
It costs me 76 USD to get 1 pound to Germany. Using 8-10 tbsp would make me go bankrupt in a short time...
Do you use a strainer or toss-and-wash? My Aluball broke after a few weeks and postage is to expensive, so I still use a nylon stocking.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
It costs me 76 USD to get 1 pound to Germany. Using 8-10 tbsp would make me go bankrupt in a short time...
Do you use a strainer or toss-and-wash? My Aluball broke after a few weeks and postage is to expensive, so I still use a nylon stocking.
You may want to talk to @Edward and see if you guys can come up with a better plan.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Even in the US most kava seems to be about $60 to $70 a pound with shipping, so I understand how you feel about that. I traditionally strain mine. I do it that way so I can extract the most out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.