What's new

I Love Kava Friday Kava tastes just like.....

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
P.s. I'm on a plane right now. No kava of any kind but I'm pretty sure most of my blood has been replaced with the stuff so I feel pretty good

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
bear.png

Actually I think I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't mind the taste that much. Though maybe the KBR Vanuatu3 and the KWK Borongoru are just more mild tasting kavas.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
People say it looks like muddy water when they see me drink it. I really think muddy water would taste much better. Has anyone else felt like they dislike the taste more as time passes? It doesn't seem to be an acquired taste. Like red wine, I hated the taste at first, the more I drank the more I liked it. With kava, I didn't mind the taste much when I started with it but now, taste is what I dread most about it....

K

Kava Steve

for me it depends on the batch, for instance the Hanky Pank Ai I have three different bags and the first bag which was ordered when it was first released I can sip it... The other two are so pungent I gag them down and friends refuse to drink it....it might have to do with how it's harvested

D

Deleted User01

Grog tastes like all of the above. Instant and/or micronized have very little taste in my opinion. I have also noticed that the darker kavas taste worse but they can also be more potent.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
On the other side of the coin, drinking Mo'i instant is about the easiest kava to drink I've ever had.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Texture. It's the texture that really makes it. I can down some nasty stuff but its the gritty, oily stuff that stays in your mouth that really gets me.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
People say it looks like muddy water when they see me drink it. I really think muddy water would taste much better. Has anyone else felt like they dislike the taste more as time passes? It doesn't seem to be an acquired taste. Like red wine, I hated the taste at first, the more I drank the more I liked it. With kava, I didn't mind the taste much when I started with it but now, taste is what I dread most about it....
Yes! It just gets worse