What's new

Kavaeurope & KWK Europe (Poland)

Have you ordered from these distributors successfully?

• Total voters

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
I made the same experience with Kava Europe. They don‘t answer mails and seem not be interested to make business.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
I thought kava was banned in Poland? Like if you had any on your possession you could even go to jail.. did they finally change that?

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
I thought kava was banned in Poland? Like if you had any on your possession you could even go to jail.. did they finally change that?
Yes they did. The kava ban in Poland was lifted in 2018, see e.g. https://www.rnz.co.nz/international...uatu-welcomes-polish-move-to-re-legalise-kava .
Quote: "[...] it's no longer a crime to posess or consume kava in Poland although it's still illegal to sell it. "

In 2019 (if I remember correctly) they also legalized to sell kava from Poland, but I can't find the link right now. I think someone in the forum already posted that sometime.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
Yes they did. The kava ban in Poland was lifted in 2018, see e.g. https://www.rnz.co.nz/international...uatu-welcomes-polish-move-to-re-legalise-kava .
Quote: "[...] it's no longer a crime to posess or consume kava in Poland although it's still illegal to sell it. "

In 2019 (if I remember correctly) they also legalized to sell kava from Poland, but I can't find the link right now. I think someone in the forum already posted that sometime.
This is awesome. When I first heard that you can get arrested for having it on your person, I was shocked to say the least. Poland has some strong beers but kava is not allowed? Makes zero sense. Glad they got with the times.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I've spoken with them to get more info on the current status of their operations. They have been affected by COVID-19, in particualr when it comes to actually receiving shipments from New Zealand. This is why they've been kind of quiet. But things are getting back to normal.
The reason why their labels are all in Polish is due to their local regulations and how they've managed to get kava registered there. but I can confirm and guarantee that they are our official distributor and when you buy kava from them, you get the same quality as if you were buying it directly from the Kava Society New Zealand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I've spoken with them to get more info on the current status of their operations. They have been affected by COVID-19, in particualr when it comes to actually receiving shipments from New Zealand. This is why they've been kind of quiet. But things are getting back to normal.
The reason why their labels are all in Polish is due to their local regulations and how they've managed to get kava registered there. but I can confirm and guarantee that they are our official distributor and when you buy kava from them you, get the same quality as if you were buying it directly from the Kava Society New Zealand.
Thanks i was suspecting that, logistical problems

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
The price from Kava Europe is simply too high. 87,50 Euro (around 98,80 USD) for 500g without postage. It is a nice Kava, but not nice enough to pay this price. I can get the double quantity elsewhere.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
The price from Kava Europe is simply too high. 87,50 Euro (around 98,80 USD) for 500g without postage. It is a nice Kava, but not nice enough to pay this price. I can get the double quantity elsewhere.
I can't speak for them but I know in my experience that costs for everything are not getting cheaper. Shipping, customs fees, plus kava itself is getting dearer all the time. @Henry charges a very reasonable amount for the kava but by the time it's shipped to Europe it adds cost and as well you have to remember that anyone who runs a business selling kava has to make a profit for themselves or they don't have a business! It's true that anyone can try and buy kava from the US cheaper but is it worth running the risk of it being seized depending on what country you are in? There are a lot of factors involved.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
While the price of the kava itself might be lower when ordering it from New Zealand, shipping costs to Europe are pretty high.

All circumstances considered, I think their price is ok.

Last edited:

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
To echo what @Edward and @kavamehameha have said, I think the main reason why people are keen to buy kava from a vendor located in the UK or in the European Union, is not to save money, but to save time and headaches. Though actually in some cases it may actually mean saving money as this reduces the risk of getting your kava seized, lost or charged hefty customs fees.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
The reason why their labels are all in Polish is due to their local regulations and how they've managed to get kava registered there. but I can confirm and guarantee that they are our official distributor and when you buy kava from them, you get the same quality as if you were buying it directly from the Kava Society New Zealand.
That is interesting to hear. Because the Polish KWK is using the same bags as the American store does. But this might now be a smart move, then?

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
That is interesting to hear. Because the Polish KWK is using the same bags as the American store does. But this might now be a smart move, then?
I can't comment on how kwk Poland got their kava registered or even if it is registered at all with any local authorities.

I just know that our distributor had to submit labels for local health authorities approval and any changes to labelled (including adding other languages) would require a new application. They may or may not apply for it, but I think they are working on an even better and more sustainable solution

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I can't comment on how kwk Poland got their kava registered or even if it is registered at all with any local authorities.

I just know that our distributor had to submit labels for local health authorities approval and any changes to labelled (including adding other languages) would require a new application. They may or may not apply for it, but I think they are working on an even better and more sustainable solution
That is some interesting information. Thank you for sharing it with us!