What's new

Kava Poll Kavaforums Meetup (KavaCon) - Would you attend?

Would you attend a kavaforums meetup (KavaCon)?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

verticity

I'm interested in things
El Capitán presents: "safety measures for kava mountaineers"
View attachment 5733
We would have special backpacks that would inflate upon impact or even to add a little challenge to our krunkfest, have other triggers.
Last to say "Bula" gets inflated.
If you say "literally" you get inflated....
You mean you literally get inflated? Pfffffffft Arrrrrgh

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
OK, crazy idea. Not sure if this scales up enough, but would Skype or Google Hangouts scale up enough to
support 20-30 people (or more) at the same time doing video? We could have a "virtual" kava-kon, where anyone
on the video call has to be drinking kava at the time. Could leave it up for quite a long time, maybe have
several sessions, over the course of a weekend or some such. Saves on airfare and vacation time!!

I don't use either of these enough to know if they scale like this, and I'm too lazy (because I have
some Mahakea in me right now) to google it.

EQ

Atman
OK, crazy idea. Not sure if this scales up enough, but would Skype or Google Hangouts scale up enough to
support 20-30 people (or more) at the same time doing video? We could have a "virtual" kava-kon, where anyone
on the video call has to be drinking kava at the time. Could leave it up for quite a long time, maybe have
several sessions, over the course of a weekend or some such. Saves on airfare and vacation time!!

I don't use either of these enough to know if they scale like this, and I'm too lazy (because I have
Why not both.
Weekly virtual circles.
KavaCon should happen though.
I'll fly down to wherever Cali, New Zealand, India, China wherever.
Can you imagine like 30 people Krunkin out? That's worth a flight. Memories are worth so much more than paper.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Yes, both would be ideal. At the very least we should start with the on-line venue since that's
much easier. Looks like Google Hangouts will take up to 10 video links simultaneously. Skype does 9
without paying, 25 if you pay for premium.

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
I think we might need to put together a poll to see potential numbers if it was hosted in different places. I would guess, though, that those who are willing/able to go to California would also be willing/able to go to a more central location. Those that aren't, still probably wouldn't come unless it was in their state.
That's a great idea CK, perhaps the first poll should be for a location to ensure the highest # of attendees.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

This sounds interesting...

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I stand corrected it would be $6 per member, but that's cheap! and works with mobile or PC
That would be worth it to me. We could have weekly or monthly meet-ups online. Again, this would be
in addition to meeting in person, which would be AWESOME.