What's new

Kwik vs powder

IammGRooT

ShakeYerKavaMaker
Sorta newbie.Been only using Kava Kwik concentrate insta mix from Kava Kaui for 1 + year now. Found out depressing tolerance build so have to resort to using only 1nce a week or less for nice session yet they only last good 20 + minutes. 3 Tablespoons max. My 1st experiences were like I did a huge hit of cocaine That of course has tapered down a bit, still get a nice glow but diminished.

Just found these gracious forums & reading the secret is in the grind. The kavalactones are more abundant and sessions can stay for 3+ hours!?? This true!? Ordered a new Alu Ball? & gonna experiment..

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've never used concentrate but I know I have had sessions on instant, micronized and med grind where I could still feel effects 3 to 4 or more hours later. With some med grinds you get an awesome time on the night of drinking and then a next day kava glow that can last most of the day. You can of course keep adding as you feel it wearing off if you really wanted an extended session.

Once a week?! For a while now I have been using kava every day with good effects. Aluball is good, get some med grind and have a go.

IammGRooT

ShakeYerKavaMaker
Was going to mention that. Get depressed when feel it tapering away, so did just that, ran another 3 tbsps. to re-ignite & pretty much nothing so yeah kinda perplexed.
Came to conclusion more is not better, yet biased reviews in Kava-Kaui thread, sooo..

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Their med grind Vanuatu waka is pretty good but I hate their instant. Of course only the good reviews go on there.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I never had an issue with their instant, but that was years ago. I've always found medium grind traditionally prepared to be better than instant in terms of both effect and price. Give it a try, nothing to lose there.

IammGRooT

ShakeYerKavaMaker
@Edward "For a while now I have been using kava every day with good effects."
?- If that's the case, is the added Tolerance issue I'm experiencing just me or ??
An active molecule (Lactones) are operating just the same as (i.e.) an (Opiate) then I don't get why, taking both of us into account.
Like I said w/ the instant my 1st times were like with any other really strong drugs, WoW, then, well if used recreationalally you develop a tolerance.
Also confusing is the fact that the instant is a Stronger concentrate. Basically why I chose the instant off the bat for the stronger effect.
Taking quote straight from their site, " Kava Kwik is twice as potent as dried root powder"..
From reading around the Lactones are Stronger & last longer in just the regular grinds?:confused:
In comparison that's like claiming Vicoden is stronger than Morphine which is a similar feeling with this.

I have an AbuBall & some reg root powder ordered so we'll see but would really be depressing to be disappointed cause it's such a great thing to have amongst the few choices we do!:rolleyes:::chugger::

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Kavalactones are vastly different from opiates. Most people do not report tolerance to the effects of kava. Kava does not cause withdrawal.

When vendors say "instant is more potent than medium grind" it's true by volume, but not by price. You might use like 4 tablespoons of medium grind to 1 tablespoon of good instant for similar effect but it will be less money overall.

IammGRooT

ShakeYerKavaMaker
Ahha. Yea was just using opiates as the euphoric experience & perhaps a tolerance comparison. Definitely no ugly withdrawls.. In fact whole Tolerance thread here::
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/taking-a-tolerance-break.7971/

Yes & glancing over again the instant is from evaporated juice, so kinda makes sense the Kavatones would have a full stronger life in the ground root not having gone through a prior molecular reaction sort of giving it a half life then sitting around, if yer willing to agree to that o_O.Excited now.

Last edited:

IammGRooT

ShakeYerKavaMaker
Think I'm getting to the bottom of this..Taken from forum.

Proper micronised (i.e. free of coarse, kavalactone-poor fibres) is stronger per gram than medium grind, not only because you consume the whole thing (whereas you are never able to strain all lactones out of medium grind), but also because it only contains the richest parts of the roots. But micronised kava with makas/fibres is technically as strong as normal medium grind per gram. The only difference is that the tiny size of micronised particles makes it possible to consume it without any straining which mean you are able to access way more lactones than when you try to get them out of your medium grind with the traditional method.

Instant is stronger per gram as it's obtained by dehydrating the ready, potent drink. which throws in a different effect in general I think but maybe not..
I personally found instant to not hit the same as micro or medium... but hey idk.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Edward "For a while now I have been using kava every day with good effects."
?- If that's the case, is the added Tolerance issue I'm experiencing just me or ??
I don't get any "added" tolerance. I think for me regular use has led to more reliable results and the doses have settled down to something sensible for me. Different for each type of course.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Let's put this "instant is expensive" to bed once and for all shall we? If you need 4 times the amount of med grind than you do to instant...

200 grams moi instant = $82 = 0.41 cents per gram
1 lb moi med grind = $55 = 0.12 cents per gram

0.12 cents x 4 = 0.48 cents compared to 0.41 cents for instant.

Reactions: EQ

gdm

Kava Curious
How did you arrive at instant being 4x stronger than med grind?
I find it around 2-3x stronger

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Kavalactones are vastly different from opiates. Most people do not report tolerance to the effects of kava. Kava does not cause withdrawal.

When vendors say "instant is more potent than medium grind" it's true by volume, but not by price. You might use like 4 tablespoons of medium grind to 1 tablespoon of good instant for similar effect but it will be less money overall.
@gdm from this post here.

IammGRooT

ShakeYerKavaMaker
Well jeez dude, don't get 2 overwhelming by comparison :woot:
4! Come on more like 3..lol.

@Edward noticed you mentioned Moi's yer commonality. So browsing all Gourmet Hawaiians blends I was, have you tried any/all others, I mean there's quite a menu.
A 7-11 up to 19% Lavatones blends. Have u ventured into the higher levels?
Then there's a differentiation of energy vs. relaxing types?..Jeez getting particular here..
Just venturing over from Kava Kaui's instant which is all I've ever had, u claimed u really disliked, i want to switch over to this brilliance of a ethnobotonist, just looking for advanced feedback..thnxs:love:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Even if you say 3 times then that's 0.36 cents compared to 0.41 cents which is still not a massive difference. Say you use 20 grams of instant a day that's $8.20. 60 grams of med grind is $7.20.

I just used the GHK for comparison as I know they sell instant and med grind of the same kava so it made comparison easier. Quite often the instants vendors sell aren't offered in med grind too which makes comparison next to impossible.

I haven't tried much from GHK because they don't ship to the UK but I have got hold of a few different types via a reseller (Kava Europe stocked some). I'm not sure what the KL content was of what I had but the main 3, Moi, Mahakea and Nene are all awesome in their own different way.