What's new

Loa Waka energy?

SteadyChillVibe

Kava Curious
Anyone else find that loa waka Fijian gives them a lot of energy?? I’ve never had kava do that. It is the kalm with kava brand. Personal experiences are much appreciated

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Anyone else find that loa waka Fijian gives them a lot of energy?? I’ve never had kava do that. It is the kalm with kava brand. Personal experiences are much appreciated
Yes! Fijian waka in general give me the best euphoric vibes, I feel the most creative while drinking Fijian. Perfect for my artistic endeavors.

Vanu's have the opposite effect, still pleasant though.

SteadyChillVibe

Kava Curious
Yes! Fijian waka in general give me the best euphoric vibes, I feel the most creative while drinking Fijian. Perfect for my artistic endeavors.

Vanu's have the opposite effect, still pleasant though.
Thanks for the response! Does it tend to make you sleepy the more you drink??

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I haven't tried it for years but it's the kava that finally convinced me that heady kavas are not for me. I tend to feel more jittery (perhaps read energetic) which is not what I am looking for from kava. I much prefer a good heavy kava and my idea of a break from kava is to drink something balanced.

Your experience is not unusual in that you consumed a relatively large amount of kava over a long period of time so most of the day you were topping yourself up with kavain which kept you high but the longer you carried on drinking the DHK and DHM started building up and no matter how much kavain you took in those bad boys were starting to kick your ass and send you to sleepy town.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yes it does, most kavas will eventually make me sleepy after a bunch of shells. It takes a little longer with the more euphoric kavas, but it gets there. I got into the habit of not drinking those types too late into the night, otherwise it's hard to fall asleep.

SteadyChillVibe

Kava Curious
I haven't tried it for years but it's the kava that finally convinced me that heady kavas are not for me. I tend to feel more jittery (perhaps read energetic) which is not what I am looking for from kava. I much prefer a good heavy kava and my idea of a break from kava is to drink something balanced.

Your experience is not unusual in that you consumed a relatively large amount of kava over a long period of time so most of the day you were topping yourself up with kavain which kept you high but the longer you carried on drinking the DHK and DHM started building up and no matter how much kavain you took in those bad boys were starting to kick your ass and send you to sleepy town.
Thanks for your response Edward! It helped out a lot. You hit the nail right on the head in explaining the effects.

SteadyChillVibe

Kava Curious
Yes it does, most kavas will eventually make me sleepy after a bunch of shells. It takes a little longer with the more euphoric kavas, but it gets there. I got into the habit of not drinking those types too late into the night, otherwise it's hard to fall asleep.
Thanks krunky, about to have me a morning cup, then off to work! Bulla to all

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Glad to hear you're liking our kava! We really take pride in making sure we've got the best products on the market, and it looks like you're quickly seeing that!

@tuffy1973 Check out Kalm with Kava Pouni Ono. That's the best daytime kava in my opinion. The next best thing is our Samoan. It's one of my favorites.

We've also got some new ones coming out that I think you'll all really enjoy... Stay tuned!

-Morgan

tuffy1973

Kava Curious
Glad to hear you're liking our kava! We really take pride in making sure we've got the best products on the market, and it looks like you're quickly seeing that!

@tuffy1973 Check out Kalm with Kava Pouni Ono. That's the best daytime kava in my opinion. The next best thing is our Samoan. It's one of my favorites.

We've also got some new ones coming out that I think you'll all really enjoy... Stay tuned!

-Morgan
Thanks a bunch Morgan..I will give those a try..Cheers!!

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Loa Waka is the kava I have consumed highest number of times. Taste is average if not mediocre but boy is it heady and heavy, too.
Since we switched up farmers back in November (I honestly can't remember when it was), it's really been a fantastic root. Glad you like it!

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Are you going to retry in EU?
We still sell to the EU, although we're finding that each country decides to throw their own fit every couple of months. Belgium, for instance, rejected three random packages this last month but it has been fine previously. Some countries we still do not ship to based on their regulations. Where are you based?

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Estonia.

Customs have not taken any parcels away but cut one of the packages apart so it arrived into Estonia as damaged.

Customs make it probably expensive but after the free trade ended, hassle of customs declaration is additional "cost".

Yes, things change. Let's take tobacco vs E-cigarettes. They banned sale of E-cigarettes and E-liquids with aromas for a while, and importing these by e-commerce from abroad is still forbidden. In the same time, purchasing kava from abroad is not forbidden at all, but I am not aware of any local authorization of sales.