What's new

micro vs root powder..which do U prefer & Y-Deleted User01 banned from thread

D

Deleted User01

By the way, Kavalot was the original inventor of the world famous Micronized Kava Syrup. Hey @kavadude, try that someday and see if the tummy takes to it. But lately I'm even to lazy to do that. I've been putting 1 teaspoon of Micro in half a Dixie Cup of water and down the hatch. I now do small doses and often. Seems to keep me on an even keel during the day. At night, I can horse down whatever I need to sleep (Nene usually).

@Roaddog, Frosty does have a story to tell and he's just getting up enough gumption to get his own Avatar and post his story. Right now, all he thinks about is food, raw fleshy food. It seems that Kava helps him a little bit but it has to be the strong stuff. More on this later.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
By the way, Kavalot was the original inventor of the world famous Micronized Kava Syrup. Hey @kavadude, try that someday and see if the tummy takes to it. But lately I'm even to lazy to do that. I've been putting 1 teaspoon of Micro in half a Dixie Cup of water and down the hatch. I now do small doses and often. Seems to keep me on an even keel during the day. At night, I can horse down whatever I need to sleep (Nene usually).

@Roaddog, Frosty does have a story to tell and he's just getting up enough gumption to get his own Avatar and post his story. Right now, all he thinks about is food, raw fleshy food. It seems that Kava helps him a little bit but it has to be the strong stuff. More on this later.
Interesting way to consume your kava. I have been doing that today, except I'm using a lot. Its my day. Also on the Frosty note, I guess all I can say is, OK, cant argue with logic like that. Much love. Roaddog....

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
Micro, for sure. Toss and wash. Full disclosure, though, I've only had it from GHK so I can't speak for all micros. I would probably strain if I got it from somewhere else.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I've tried straining micro many times but it reduces the potency and increases the work to the point where it doesn't make sense for me to buy it over powdered.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I've tried straining micro many times but it reduces the potency and increases the work to the point where it doesn't make sense for me to buy it over powdered.
I would be curious to see if your mind would be changed if you tried liquefying the micro before straining

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
Medium grinds because they're strong, seem to last longer, and it's easier to filter and avoid the sediment. Micronized is worth it if you toss and wash.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Powder. But I've never tried anything else and don't have plans to do so. Unless it's fresh root, which is what I really want to try, but sigh... I don't know if or when I will get to.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Powder only. I drank micronized for my first few years of kava unstrained, and once you've had enough, you've had enough. No more glasses of sawdust for me. Strained only. So much easier to drink, although I do admit it does require more starting material, but I'm ok with that.

D

Deleted User01

I have not noticed any decrease in potency when making the syrup. I also do a second wash to make sure nothing is "left on the table". But Micronized and I got along on day one. Maybe it is "all in your head" for me. I don't pester @kavadude about Micro because it just ain't his "bag". Though he does like some Moi instant now and then and so do I. :hungry:

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I used hot water and yes there was a fair amount left in the strainer. I used a fijian strainer.
sometimes I think if the water is too hot especially with micro it keeps more of it in the strainer, not sure if anyone else has noticed this it may just be that it has more of a tendency to stick to the sides of the bubble bag

D

Deleted User01

I start with about about 130 degrees water. If it gets too hot, then it gets too thick and I hate that. And you are right Noueky, that thick syrup would require more work to strain.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I used hot water and yes there was a fair amount left in the strainer. I used a fijian strainer.
Well when I ordered micro, from GHK, I only had the small white strainers. not the Fijian kind, and I would only get a pea sized ball of fiber, out of 6 tablespoons. So I think that's the difference. Those Fijian strainers, have much smaller holes, and strain out far more than the standard white ones. Much love, Roaddog....

D

Deleted User01

Roaddog, that makes sense. But using the White one with bigger holes might not help KavaDude because of the GI Issues. Pea sized ball of fiber is impressive. Not even big enough for the compost pile. Actually, for people like me, that white one would be the type of strainer to use. I use a fine mesh nylon bag now. Though lately I haven't been straining.