What's new

micro vs root powder..which do U prefer & Y-Deleted User01 banned from thread

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Roaddog, that makes sense. But using the White one with bigger holes might not help KavaDude because of the GI Issues. Pea sized ball of fiber is impressive. Not even big enough for the compost pile. Actually, for people like me, that white one would be the type of strainer to use. I use a fine mesh nylon bag now. Though lately I haven't been straining.
yea, I noticed I had some GI issues too, but very mild. I also get it from ground root powder, sometimes, so I guess I really didn't think anything about it. I have both strainers, I use the Fijian when the Dermopathy gets a little rough. Once it clears some, I go back to the white ones. Its probably something I do that really does not matter. Well maybe mind over matter. But I believe that filtering better, keeps the Dermopathy, GI issues down, too some degree. For instance I don't mess around with toss and wash. I'm afraid of growing, a forked tong. Much love. Roaddog....

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Well when I ordered micro, from GHK, I only had the small white strainers. not the Fijian kind, and I would only get a pea sized ball of fiber, out of 6 tablespoons. So I think that's the difference. Those Fijian strainers, have much smaller holes, and strain out far more than the standard white ones. Much love, Roaddog....
Even with a fijian strainer (I use one from BKH), I still get a lot of sediment. It's not really apparent, unless you let it sit around for a while, then you see it. One of these days, I'm going to start leaving my kava bowl sit over night and then scrape that super fine residue off the bottom of the bowl and save it all up until I get a few grams of it. Then I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it...

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Even with a fijian strainer (I use one from BKH), I still get a lot of sediment. It's not really apparent, unless you let it sit around for a while, then you see it. One of these days, I'm going to start leaving my kava bowl sit over night and then scrape that super fine residue off the bottom of the bowl and save it all up until I get a few grams of it. Then I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it...
Well you may be on your way, to something like instant. I think If I could get enough of it. I would dry it, and place it in a rock tumbler, with a big handful of stainless steel nuts. Then I would run the rock tumbler, and mill the product, to get it fluffy and light. I do something similer in making Black powder, except we use lead balls. Lead dose not spark. Much love. Roaddog...

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just a tip, if you put kava in a ball mill you wouldn't want to use steel. I used Yttrium Stabilized Zirconia grinding medium, or you can use ceramic, but be ready to scrape every single one if you use ceramic.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Just a tip, if you put kava in a ball mill you wouldn't want to use steel. I used Yttrium Stabilized Zirconia grinding medium, or you can use ceramic, but be ready to scrape every single one if you use ceramic.
So you have tried this? Also I have used ceramic balls for black powder too, and it coats the balls with powder too. Just interested if you have tried this, and the results you got? Much love, Roaddog....

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I used a ball mill for grinding instant kava flakes down into the final instant kava powder.

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
So you have tried this? Also I have used ceramic balls for black powder too, and it coats the balls with powder too. Just interested if you have tried this, and the results you got? Much love, Roaddog....
I read this post and said to myself, "Of course Roaddog makes his own black powder."

@Kapmcrunk and @Roaddog, you guys are mad scientists.