What's new

My boil up

• Thread starter Deactivated Account
  • Start date
D

Deactivated Account

Well that failed. The juicer needs mass to chew into as it's a reduction corkscrew pressure device that moves the mass to the end & pressurises.

The kava was just to liquid for it to get purchase on.

violet

Do all things with love
Too bad for that, I was wondering how it was going to go. I've often pondered if an Omega could effectively squeeze kava.

D

Deactivated Account

The marked diff in cold v boiling with this kava (it's a fine one) is that after I strain with boiling...I get maybe a dessert spoon left in the stocking whereas cold, I get a hell of a lot more.

Boiling makes it join the water so much better.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
The quest for an easy squeeze continues...good try with the juicer Nemo. There's a fine line with heating. Too much or close to a boil and the Kava root cells can't handle it. You end up with mush or an increase in bitterness. I think the key is to get it just hot enough to rupture cells to release the goodness. As to what the ideal temp is I haven't figured that out yet.....I wonder if different brands have different ideal temps....at any rate a thermometer is a must.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
The quest for an easy squeeze continues...good try with the juicer Nemo.
Yes +1 to that. I love following @nemo's experiments when he comes out at night like the bats in Hyde Park. For me 11pm (Pacific Time) is popcorn time!!

.....I wonder if different brands have different ideal temps....
I see a serious need for a study on this one!! :)

D

Deactivated Account

The quest for an easy squeeze continues...good try with the juicer Nemo. There's a fine line with heating. Too much or close to a boil and the Kava root cells can't handle it. You end up with mush or an increase in bitterness. I think the key is to get it just hot enough to rupture cells to release the goodness. As to what the ideal temp is I haven't figured that out yet.....I wonder if different brands have different ideal temps....at any rate a thermometer is a must.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep that's what I've worked out ...I'm on my maybe 3rd week of daily boiling & too much seems to make it a starchy syrup.

I've got this model $5 -$8 eBay therm & it works well so I keep it at 95C.

Attachments