What's new

N@H Is Taking Orders Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
@recentreturn Stone is similar to Kava Supreme or RealKava.com's Vanuatu Kava Root Powder. Mixing Borogu with Isa or either of the other two I mentioned would also make a very close analogue of Stone.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
@TheKavaFlow You may very well be right on the money. I just found it strange to have such a large increase without any official statement on the website. It’s not as if it’s a marginal increase by any means. It is there business and they are entitled to running however they deem fit. For me I unfortunately can not justify the means to purchase there Kava anymore which is fine. There are so many wonderful choices available out there.

If they had to raise the prices I suppose it’s a better fit for the customer than abandoning ship all together!

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
...dissuades the average joe from purchasing and swallowing up kava that could be sold at the bar...
Could this become the case for the whole imported national kava supply??? N@H's explanation of their reasoning for the price increase sounds dire, though they do promise they will lower prices when they can. But could more and more kava bars keep opening and prevent this??? Thank God kava doesn't taste good to most people!
For reference: https://nakamalathome.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=79

Seems like if enough bars open, it could also dissuade regular vendors who don't run bars from even existing. Seems like people who are selling most of their kava at 500 dollars/kilo could lethally outbid people who sell their kava at 120 dollars/kilo, if the supply really dwindled.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Well, if you price yourself out of the business, I guess you didn't need it. We also don't have to apologize for not purchasing kava at rip off prices :)

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Well, if you price yourself out of the business, I guess you didn't need it. We also don't have to apologize for not purchasing kava at rip off prices :)
True enough. I think his statement suggests that he doesn't believe he priced himself out of business; but, rather, that the kava bar industry will soon force ALL VENDORS to raise their prices; that worries me more than him raising his prices. Even at his current prices, I wouldn't necessarily be completely put off. But if the trend continues, affects all vendors, and then I can't get kava for a sane price and don't live where there is a kava bar to have the social aspect of a kava bar (cause I live in rural area) to make an absurdly priced kava interesting, that would be another matter.
I'm prolly just being paranoid; I wasn't trying to stir up any kind of animosities...

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
True enough. I think his statement suggests that he doesn't believe he priced himself out of business; but, rather, that the kava bar industry will soon force ALL VENDORS to raise their prices; that worries me more than him raising his prices. Even at his current prices, I wouldn't necessarily be completely put off. But if the trend continues, affects all vendors, and then I can't get kava for a sane price and don't live where there is a kava bar to have the social aspect of a kava bar (cause I live in rural area) to make an absurdly priced kava interesting, that would be another matter.
I'm prolly just being paranoid; I wasn't trying to stir up any kind of animosities...
I'm not sure if kava bars will reach that level of popularity. If they do, he may be right because they will be able to afford to sink more money into purchasing kava than the average consumer. There was a news article from Vanuatu in 2016 that the nakamals were offering farmers more money for the higher quality root than the exporters, resulting in farmers selling their best root locally and the lower quality to the exporters. Apparently one of the reasons our prices have gone up while quality has gone down.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
GHK = 1lb for $66. N@H = 1.1lb for $75. So if my math is correct, that's under $3 more. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.