What's new

Nambawan

kl.pep4848

Kava Curious
I hear where your coming from...i've been spending around 300/month on Kava and my ol lady is furious about that, but I explained to her that a good night out at the bar costs at least that, so i hope she understands.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Mine is in the post box right now, I can't wait to make me self a batch of this when I get home from work. I'll come back and let everyone know how this batch is. And I'm sure it will be great!

kl.el187joker

Kava Enthusiast
So i drank some last night 9 tbls in 7 cups split wit my cousin( i already got him through his reverse tolerance) he kept saying "wow this one is really strong man" and yes I think it was great as well. to me it felt like really strong head effects a

and all my soreness from.my workout was litfed. Was really krunk but not overwhelming. Very curious to

Hear others who tried previous batches.

kl.Cocos kava

Kava Curious
I just did a double about eight oz in two minutes and my head is exploding. Wow! I blended in my blendtec blender and let it soak for an hour or more this morning. No emulsifiers. Wow.

KavaKrunked

Kava Enthusiast
I did 3 Tbls of Nambawan & 1 Tbls Boroguru to 2 cups water, prepared via the traditional method. Nice and strong, as well as balanced between head/body. Did a second wash with an additional 1 Tbls fresh Boroguru about 90 minutes later and all I can say is WOW! I was trying to watch TV but was seeing double. Great stuff!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just a reminder that this kava will make you sink DEEP into your couch. My god. I whipped up a little batch I had made with my instant machine contraption a few months back and holy mother was it strong. I'm still feeling the afterkrunk this morning, and I drank it at around 6 pm yesterday. Good stuff. VERY high kavain content. It's a bell ringer.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
Quite possibly my favorite kava variety, ever. Nambawan was already my go-to grog, but this latest batch (based on a bag that arrived a week or two ago) is just wicked potent. Reminds me of that first mythical round of black bag kava. Perfect grind, mild taste, stunning effects. Numba One indeed.

kl.Solo11

Kava Curious
Well, finally got my 500 gr. bag of nambawan today, waited about a week as right when I ordered it went out of stock, absolutely the best kava, I love it, its creative meditative, borderline psychadelic in its very own way, potent as hell, more so than any kava i have ever had, its a head rush, and music touches you deeply, doesnt keep you up, yet a bit stimulating, mostly in the creative thoughts arena, very mind bending, very good for thinking, and this batch seeems maybe more potent than last, hard to tell really, since I dont measure exactly, but it really seems stronger, or maybe its just fresher I dont know, but this new shipment is fantastic, it does to my mind what no kava before it has done, mixed with bosoguru its perfect. thank you judd and company.

kl.Dubkava

Kava Curious
I went back to this kava recently having not been a major fan of the effects previously. I tried it at a lower amount per cup and all I can say is wow!!! Amazing kava!!

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
I guess I'm somewhat confused.

I read in a few post that this is a high Kavain content, but Judging by the effect that I received. I would say high DHM.

Is there any final work done on this?

I love BKHs Fu'u and instant green, but didn't care much for this one due to its more DHM like effect it had on me.

porsche11

Kava Curious
endwatcher said:

I read in a few post that this is a high Kavain content, but Judging by the effect that I received. I would say high DHM.

I love BKHs Fu'u and instant green, but didn't care much for this one due to its more DHM like effect it had on me.
Your right.  I can hardly get up with this one.  Feels like Isa Tudei to me, very high DHM.  I was hoping for high kavain and high energy.  Oh well, still feels good.  

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
endwatcher said:

More than anything it seems to be very potent. Four tbsps had me buzzing pretty much all night long.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hoping for under two weeks. Vanuatu supplier has been having a hard time keeping up with demand. Sorry.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Ok, I've been drinking 55-60 grams of traditionally prepared nambawan every night for the past week. I've reached a verdict on it. In my opinion pound for pound Boroguru is more powerful, and punchy than Nambawan. Also I sleep better when drinking the nambawan. Where nambawan really shines is the fact that it doesn't taste bad. When I compare Nambawan to borogugu I find nambawan closer to drinking chalky, albeit numbing, chocolate milk. After this last bag of nambawan is gone I will be moving to Koniak. I'll post my feelings about that in the koniak thread.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Nambawan has a very interesting taste and texture. It's very clumpy (not that that's a bad thing -- just never seen a kava do that before), and it has an odd smell and taste to it; smells kind of soapy, actually.

kl.Niko

Wow, I just finished my bag of Nambawan and I can't believe the last batch I made from this bag (~3 tbsp) kicked this hard.

I have tried Fu'u before and Nambawan, and even mixed them. My method of preparation is to blend, with some fat emulsifier, like milk or Lecithin. Then  knead and filter the pulp and drink. Usually I re-filter and knead the pulp for a second glass.

I usually feel it pretty good (or so I thought until tonight).

Tonight I was running low on my bag of Nambawan, so I did the usual with about 3 tbsp left: mix with water and milk, blend, knead and drink.

I started feeling pretty good, slight euphoria. It wasn't until I added some water to the remaining sand in my glass and chugged that it really hit me. I can compare to a pretty intense 'coming on' feeling, and I actually got a bit scared that I would pass out. My head and vision were definitely altered.

Now it's mellowing out a bit, and is quite nice! I guess this is what krunk is like, even though I thought that I had good results from before.

Just wanted to provide this comment to reiterate that this root can be no joke, even in moderate doses, and that it can take several months until the deeper sensations emerge.