What's new

New Review Tool

Do you find The Kava Review Tool Useful

• Total voters

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
***NOTE***
This tool has been retired because it's not compatible with our new review system.
I'll be upgrading this tool to work with the new version someday.

I'm so thrilled that members are sharing their experiences by submitting kava reviews.

So, I'm happy to announce the availability of a new tool that searches through our great reviews to help you find the best suited kava products for your needs.

The link to access this tool is: http://kavaforums.com/forum/pages/ReviewFilter/

I would be very happy to receive any and all suggestions, criticisms, or bug reports.
BULA
::chugger::

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I have tested on Chrome and IE browsers only. I don't own a mobile (iPhone or otherwise) so I'm not able to test that :(

The browser needs to support HTML 5. That should not be a problem if your browser is up to date.

Last edited:

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
I see it on iPhone safari, fwiw. The layout's a little janky but it does load. :) excited to try it out when I get home!

Ps I do development too so I wouldn't mind helping to test. I'll check for errors and such when I get back...

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I see it on iPhone safari, fwiw. The layout's a little janky but it does load. :) excited to try it out when I get home!

Ps I do development too so I wouldn't mind helping to test. I'll check for errors and such when I get back...
THANK YOU!!!

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity

Just to let you know that I know that I really SUCK at UI. So any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm more of a backend man. :wideyed: :)

Blippy5

Certified Noble
If you don't mind, could you try again? Thanks.....
It does seem to work. Well done sir. I really like the idea.

I would prefer if the boxes were Not selected by default ( just my opinion). And I don't see any words next to the shell ratings.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
It does seem to work. Well done sir. I really like the idea.

I would prefer if the boxes were Not selected by default ( just my opinion). And I don't see any words next to the shell ratings.
Progress....
HaHa I had it the other way and @kavadude suggested I do something like this (to help make it less clicks). So I did. :)
But no worries I can always change it back.

Does your screen look like the pic in this post by @shakas (a few posts up)? http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/new-review-tool.5482/#post-63756

Blippy5

Certified Noble
Ahh, it's all preference with those things.

It does look the same, I did a quick search with it too.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@Superior Sandman just created an awesome review. Here's how I read it using The Kava Filter:

First I select Kava Beverage, selected the product Concentrate then clicked on the Search Button:
KavaReviewSelection.png

Then I hovered my mouse over Sandman's review and clicked on it to get the following:

KavaReviewDetail.png

Hope it's working that way for everyone else.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hoo th' fuck is Ray?
I don't who Ray is.

But I know Hoo. He was the owner of my favorite restaurant in Portland Oregon "Hung Far Low".

The restaurant is defunct now, but I remember like it was yesterday a conversation he was having with one of the staff. It went something like this:

Hoo: Hung Far Low ?

Wei: Hung Far Low !

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Cool. What would be awesome is if you could search, or sort results by ratings, e.g. give me the top 10 headiest kava reviews.
@verticity, Here is an example of how I use The Kava Review Filter to find a good heady kava from GHK....

First, I click on the Types checkbox to select all product types.
KavaReview1.png

Then I click on the vendor 'Gourmet Hawaiian Kava' and click the Search Button.
If you look at the Heady Rating column from the search results, you'll see that the ratings are all mixed up.
So hover the mouse over the Heady Rating title and drag it all the way to the first title and drop it.

KavaReview2.png

The sort order of columns are from left to right order.
By being the first column, the Heady Rating column is now sorted from highest rated to lowest rating.
This is great but the Products are all mixed up.

KavaReview3.png

So do the same thing with the Product column and drag then drop the title next to the Heady Rating title.
Now you can fairly easily see which products are rated to be the headiest.
BULA!!

KavaReview4.png

verticity

I'm interested in things
I don't who Ray is.

But I know Hoo. He was the owner of my favorite restaurants in Portland Oregon "Hung Far Low".

The restaurant is defunct now, but I remember like it was yesterday a conversation he was having with one of the staff. It went something like this:

Hoo: Hung Far Low ?

Wei: Hung Far Low !
Who the fuck is on first?
That's right.
No, I mean who is the first baseman?
Hoo the Fuck.
That's what I'm asking, dumbass!
Dumbass is on second.
No fucking way, you can't be this dumb, are you fucking with me?
No, No Fucking Wei is on third base.

verticity

I'm interested in things
@verticity, Here is an example of how I use The Kava Review Filter to find a good heady kava from GHK....

First, I click on the Types checkbox to select all product types.
View attachment 3600

Then I click on the vendor 'Gourmet Hawaiian Kava' and click the Search Button.
If you look at the Heady Rating column from the search results, you'll see that the ratings are all mixed up.
So hover the mouse over the Heady Rating title and drag it all the way to the first title and drop it.

View attachment 3601
The sort order of columns are from left to right order.
By being the first column, the Heady Rating column is now sorted from highest rated to lowest rating.
This is great but the Products are all mixed up.

View attachment 3602
So do the same thing with the Product column and drag then drop the title next to the Heady Rating title.
Now you can fairly easily see which products are rated to be the headiest.
BULA!!

View attachment 3603
It woiks! That's awesome, thanks Hedge!