What's new

New Review Tool

Do you find The Kava Review Tool Useful

• Total voters

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Here's my last trick for tonight....

I selected reviews for Ozia Kava Kava Candy.
In the results list the vendors column is too short to see the whole vendor name.
If you hover the mouse over the name, you should see a little magnifying glass.
Then in a second a little pop-up will be displayed showing the complete name.

KavaReview-a.png

But if you get bored doing that...
Hover the mouse on the little vertical line of the Vendor Title column.
Then drag and drop the little vertical line farther to the right.
This will extend the length of the Vendor Column.

KavaReview-b.png

Now you you should be able to see the complete Vendor name without having to use the popups.
BULA!!!

KavaReview-c.png

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
@HeadHodge, got to take a look at this, pretty cool! :) I don't see any errors in console, looks like it's working good. I only have two suggestions at the moment, not sure if these are possible or not:

- I noticed I couldn't get back to the main instructions once I had made a search. I'd suggest making a little link on the bottom somewhere that pops up the instructions in case people get lost or want to view them again without having to refresh the page.

- Is there a way to make the columns sortable by the header of the column? For instance, if I search for micronized, but I want to see the headier ones on top, it would be nice to be able to click the column title of that particular rating and have the table re-sort by highest to lowest. There are a number of jquery plugins that do this, but they usually require that you use dd's and dt's for layout instead of divs. Not sure if the way you built this allows for that or not... Just thought it would be a nice feature. :)

But not to be overly critical, it looks great as is! :)

Regarding responsive for iphone, I would just use a media query in the css to make the divs 100% width below a certain screen size, and perhaps give the column headers a different background color on mobile so they're easy to tell apart... That would be my only suggestion for mobile. I'd love to dig into it and write some styles for you, but I won't have time to do that for another couple weeks or so.

verticity

I'm interested in things
- Is there a way to make the columns sortable by the header of the column? For instance, if I search for micronized, but I want to see the headier ones on top, it would be nice to be able to click the column title of that particular rating and have the table re-sort by highest to lowest. There are a number of jquery plugins that do this, but they usually require that you use dd's and dt's for layout instead of divs. Not sure if the way you built this allows for that or not... Just thought it would be a nice feature. :)
You can sort by a particular column (e.g. "Heady") by dragging and dropping the column header to the left-most position:
New Review Tool

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Aaaah cool! (y)
Thanks for your feedback. I'm dying to know to know if my changes helped make the iPhone layout any better or not (than from your original report of it being ragged looking). You might have answered already, but wasn't clear to me if it's better or not.

Thanks

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
....I noticed I couldn't get back to the main instructions once I had made a search. I'd suggest making a little link on the bottom somewhere that pops up the instructions in case people get lost or want to view them again without having to refresh the page......
Great point. I've added that to my todo list.

Thanks

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
it's fairly usable in the sideways view because you can can see more of the words in the left panel.
upright doesn't show all the words/choices, so you wouldn't know what you're choosing.

these days most websites build the html for both a computer and separately for mobile devices.
the page checks what device you're using and displays the appropriate page.

i'm not sure if you're using Dreamweaver and I don't know what you have control over on your end, I haven't done html since Adobe GoLive 4 (a long time ago), but I'd suggest doubling the visible size of the left panel and making the right panel thinner on the 'mobile' version.

I think iphone emulators might exist that allow you to view it on your computer, what it would look like on an iphone.
...and i think current html editor software lets you create height x width views that are in ratio with mobile devices to let you see what it will look like on them

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
it's fairly usable in the sideways view because you can can see more of the words in the left panel.
upright doesn't show all the words/choices, so you wouldn't know what you're choosing.

these days most websites build the html for both a computer and separately for mobile devices.
the page checks what device you're using and displays the appropriate page.

i'm not sure if you're using Dreamweaver and I don't know what you have control over on your end, I haven't done html since Adobe GoLive 4 (a long time ago), but I'd suggest doubling the visible size of the left panel and making the right panel thinner on the 'mobile' version.

I think iphone emulators might exist that allow you to view it on your computer, what it would look like on an iphone.
...and i think current html editor software lets you create height x width views that are in ratio with mobile devices to let you see what it will look like on them
Wow thanks!!! Just when I almost give up, you come through like gangbusters.

I'm an old retired fart, so of course I still write everything in binary code. But I will prove (someday) that you can teach old dogs new tricks. :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
Wow thanks!!! Just when I almost give up, you come through like gangbusters.

I'm an old retired fart, so of course I still write everything in binary code. But I will prove (someday) that you can teach old dogs new tricks. :)
So where do farts go to retire? But seriously, very nice tool, thanks for the work you put into it.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
on computer:
newwwoncomp.jpg

works for both (y)
i don't know if you have control over the font color or if it's dictated by my 'forum theme', but the left panel text could be darkened.