What's new

New Symptom

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User01

good plan! Here is what you are not telling us, "I'm going to cut down on my usually 12 shells of potent kava ... :LOL:
Here is an added benefit, now that your eyes won't turn bright red, your kids will quit hiding under the bed when you start drinking. :sneaky:

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I've considered using a straw because of the mouth dermo lol
.. lip balm is helpful obviously. but the real solution I think is to be more clean how ya drink.... the more the kava splashes on your mustache or chin or whatever and you wipe it off. the more it dries that area..
this is obvious .. kavas drying abilitys are topical ! where you put it most will be most dry... if you think about it.. putting kava on your lips every day is anti lip balm... it's as if your purposely adding drying solution to your lips..
then bring winter and bam here we all are lol!

Take the coocnut oil but also put it on your lips or buy good lip balm
And drink neatly and you will feel better ;)

D

Deleted User01

Dang @Mrbinx69, that sounds complicated. What's wrong with turning into an alligator with red eyes and getting rid of the Kiddos so you can watch TV in peace? I'm just sayin' ....:D

D

Deleted User01

I saw one on TV recently that looked like a dinosaur Maybe that's the same one. And it had a full belly from a steady diet of unsuspecting tourists.:eek: You know the old saying, "When you and I are getting chased by a gator, I don't have to be faster than the gator ... I only need to be faster then you". :sneaky:

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
When I brew my kava, its strong.... Like, I drink it and my head starts swimming and my eyes go bright red within minutes. Reminds me of strong cannabis.
That sounds quite strong, I get the head swimming thing quickly sometimes but the eyes never .. what strain and how many tablespoons of kava and how much water do you use? Do you use cold water?

Jerome

Kava Lover
That sounds quite strong, I get the head swimming thing quickly sometimes but the eyes never .. what strain and how many tablespoons of kava and how much water do you use? Do you use cold water?
Warm water usually. Not hot, just warm. I've been using nangol noble lately, and hanakapa.

Probably about a quarter cup at a time.

But the instant red eyes is pretty common when you drink it that thick.

tonyd

Kava Curious
Oh yeah? How long have you had the persistent salty taste?
I first noticed the salty taste about 6 weeks ago. I have not experienced the sensitivity to spicy or hot foods but that salty taste has been persistent. Even extra brushing and use of mouthwash, etc... does not take the salty taste away. I do get dry lips also, but that seems to worsen the colder the weather gets.

Jerome

Kava Lover
I first noticed the salty taste about 6 weeks ago. I have not experienced the sensitivity to spicy or hot foods but that salty taste has been persistent. Even extra brushing and use of mouthwash, etc... does not take the salty taste away. I do get dry lips also, but that seems to worsen the colder the weather gets.
Interesting. I have yet to ease up on the kava...(too damn nice). but I'm going to try tonight

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
Warm water usually. Not hot, just warm. I've been using nangol noble lately, and hanakapa.

Probably about a quarter cup at a time.

But the instant red eyes is pretty common when you drink it that thick.
I use warm too because I feel like it's more efficient, I really want to try both of those strains :) I have Honokane Ai and KWK Borongoru right now.

I keep seeing people say "that thick" but mine is never thick, a quarter cup of kava to how much water?

Jerome

Kava Lover
I use warm too because I feel like it's more efficient, I really want to try both of those strains :) I have Honokane Ai and KWK Borongoru right now.

I keep seeing people say "that thick" but mine is never thick, a quarter cup of kava to how much water?
Probabyl 8 ounces at a time, maybe twelve. What are you kneading with?

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
Probabyl 8 ounces at a time, maybe twelve. What are you kneading with?
I use a Kavafied Strainer Bag. I generally use about 12oz warm water max because I find it hard to knead with less .. I've used up to 6 tablespoons of kava which is over 1/4cup and I've never had anything I would consider more than "frothy" consistency. Like I guess imagine a coffee with some creamer stirred in.

I've seen people say mud/sludge and stuff like that but I can't imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.