What's new

Forum News New vendor organization.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I am very agressive against spammers, lol. You'll likely never see any here, that is by design. I feel equally as strong about everyone's privacy.

Anyways, @Kapmcrunk I like the idea but also also like the idea of a second folder, (less work).
Well I am glad I slid past the spam detectors (just!) ;)

Lol, I have noticed actually, without actually really thinking about it until now. You do keep the field very clean and threads on track, within reason. Happy Thanksgiving over there.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Lol, I have noticed actually, without actually really thinking about it until now. You do keep the field very clean and threads on track, within reason.
That's one of the best things about this forum, most threads go off track/topic quite regularly and no one flames or gets their nose out of joint, it's just not that sort of place. Try doing that on most forums!

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
That's one of the best things about this forum, most threads go off track/topic quite regularly and no one flames or gets their nose out of joint, it's just not that sort of place. Try doing that on most forums!
For a while, this bugged me more than it should because I'm used to message boards where people get upset if the thread gets off-topic if the mods don't show up right away. But I eventually got the vibe that these forums reflect more of how people actually talk. People go on tangents and derail the conversation all the time, rarely on purpose. People just forget particular points they're making. I would go so far as to say that kava consumption augments human empathy. It's really an attitude thing, so I can't speak for all humans when they drink kava, but that empathy carries over to our fancy little internet conversations right here.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I think a big part of that is except during the great noble/tudei wars most of the time the tangents are light hearted, informative (if not kava related) and definitely not personal attacks or name calling. I admit I occasionally throw in a political joke here and there and I get gently reminded that this not the place - which I agree with! The pace of the forums has definitely slowed as well so it is probably easier to keep threads on track for mods.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
I think a big part of that is except during the great noble/tudei wars most of the time the tangents are light hearted, informative (if not kava related) and definitely not personal attacks or name calling. I admit I occasionally throw in a political joke here and there and I get gently reminded that this not the place - which I agree with! The pace of the forums has definitely slowed as well so it is probably easier to keep threads on track for mods.
The Tudei War of 2016 probably molded the current attitude on the forums... I think everyone, regardless of their stances, recognizes now that we need to relax and just appreciate each other. There were a couple guys I really disliked during that time period, but would have no problem calling them up now. I think it also helped that vendors stopped publicly airing each others dirty laundry and kept those conversations private. That was really bad.

Gotta love the KavaForums.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
The Tudei War of 2016 probably molded the current attitude on the forums... I think everyone, regardless of their stances, recognizes now that we need to relax and just appreciate each other. There were a couple guys I really disliked during that time period, but would have no problem calling them up now. I think it also helped that vendors stopped publicly airing each others dirty laundry and kept those conversations private. That was really bad.

I wanna say I first found this message board post-Tudei War, around 2017. My memory's hazy. I got into kava through KavaDotCom, didn't stick with developing a kava habit, found this place a year later and found many great kava vendors that have kept kava in my cabinet ever since. I wouldn't have been able to contribute to the Tudei War because I wouldn't have known the differences between noble and non-noble cultivars at the time.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

I've got to agree with you there. I can also tell you my anxiety level is much lower these days, even with adding on moderating reddit and facebook. That time period afforded me the invaluable personal experience I still use today in approaching and dealing with interpersonal issues.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've got to agree with you there. I can also tell you my anxiety level is much lower these days, even with adding on moderating reddit and facebook. That time period afforded me the invaluable personal experience I still use today in approaching and dealing with interpersonal issues.
Anxiety? What's that? ::chugger::

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Do you see me and identify me on Reddit then Kapm? Sorry to ask and please no obs to reply. I'm just ever naturally curious that's all.

I didn't know you were moderating on Reddit.

I think this forum stays mostly on relevant track actually, or at least, returns to track, without mods even intervening.

But I think we have some superb mods here too.

But to me, dedicated kava drinkers have passion and seriousness, with valid and interesting points to share.

It's nice that members share insight into their daily lives and open up so freely, without fear. A positive, paramount feature of kava I find, not just kavaforums.

Woah, got properly kava'd up today guys. Not sure how either. I made 35 grams of Kavadepot Vanuatu Waka. Good strong kava that one.

Heady, but not too so, not like Tongan Choice, Family Reserve, or Pouni.

I added 17 grams Koro Island for second wash. Another two washes.

Most of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th wash (combined) sits staring at me but it's one of those rare occasions when kava really got me today. Right now, the idea of more is impossible.

Honedtly, the lines on this page are crooked and skewed! Not often I get this level of perceptual alteration from kava. Each line, slants at a different angle to the next- one down, one up.

I did have to get up only 2 hours sleep for house electrical check man, sure that has something to do with it. 45 grams was spot on yesterday. Lovely but functional.

That KD vanuatu Waka is strong kava by my book. Adding the 17 gr Koro Islands- not sure that was necessary in hindsight!

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Do you see me and identify me on Reddit then Kapm? Sorry to ask and please no obs to reply. I'm just ever naturally curious that's all.

I didn't know you were moderating on Reddit.
I do! I see you over there. I'm JP1021 on reddit.

Sounds like you're straight on that root zoot. Enjoy!