What's new

No current batches hit the spot

ThePiper

Kava Lover
The last 5 or 6 kavas I've bought lately just are not hitting the spot. Anyone else experiencing this? They either are too heavy and make me bloated or they are too heady and give me a jittery exhausted feeling. I have some kavas that do it to me less but I'm struggling to find the right ones. The previous batch of borogu from KWK was great balanced and strong I went through 4 lbs of it. The older batch of boronguru was good like that too. The kava time strains from recent batch mess up my stomach, as does all of Bula kavas strong strains. I'm thinking about getting squanch but it's a gamble for me because I can end up with one that is amazing or just too rough on the stomach.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
The last 5 or 6 kavas I've bought lately just are not hitting the spot. Anyone else experiencing this? They either are too heavy and make me bloated or they are too heady and give me a jittery exhausted feeling. I have some kavas that do it to me less but I'm struggling to find the right ones. The previous batch of borogu from KWK was great balanced and strong I went through 4 lbs of it. The older batch of boronguru was good like that too. The kava time strains from recent batch mess up my stomach, as does all of Bula kavas strong strains. I'm thinking about getting squanch but it's a gamble for me because I can end up with one that is amazing or just too rough on the stomach.
Any changes in your personal life during the last 5-6 kavas you've consumed? Change of work schedule or less/more energy during the evenings?

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Not really. Some kavas are still working for me too. I notice when I drink kava on workdays I enjoy it more than on days off.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Not really. Some kavas are still working for me too. I notice when I drink kava on workdays I enjoy it more than on days off.
Exactly the same for me. I just got off vacation and I fully noticed that if your energy level is high, kava has far less of an impact. The harder you work, the harder kava works :)

I've been drinking borongoru from KWK pretty religiously, and it's been going strong so far, but I understand what you're saying. I'm not sure there's a real solid answer other than "Kava be fickle".

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Yeah I have current boronguru too And that's one of the better ones. It's not so much that I don't get enough effects, it's more like it doesn't hit the spot for me. I don't get the euphoria or "drunken" feeling so much as just the physical effect of wobbling or stomach unease.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
This has been my experience for the last 4 years or so. Maybe 1 out of every 20 bags I get gives me a hint of the old kava ‘magic’ I used to feel more regularly in the 2012 - 2015 era.

I just about never experience the full kava ‘rush’ anymore, when your ears start ringing, your whole body/mind are blissed out and you’re completely taken over by the kava. (In a good way) Occasionally I’ll get close, but never quite get there.

I’m sure most of you are sick of hearing me and @SelfBiasResistor talk about it already. :D

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
This has been my experience for the last 4 years or so. Maybe 1 out of every 20 bags I get gives me a hint of the old kava ‘magic’ I used to feel more regularly in the 2012 - 2015 era.

I just about never experience the full kava ‘rush’ anymore, when your ears start ringing, your whole body/mind are blissed out and you’re completely taken over by the kava. (In a good way) Occasionally I’ll get close, but never quite get there.

I’m sure most of you are sick of hearing me and @SelfBiasResistor talk about it already. :D
Glad that is not the case here where magic is every evening cup of 'awa. Got to add some F. Scott Fitzgerald here, as your comment reminded me of a future -- "...that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter--tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And one fine morning---
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past".

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Yeah I have current boronguru too And that's one of the better ones. It's not so much that I don't get enough effects, it's more like it doesn't hit the spot for me. I don't get the euphoria or "drunken" feeling so much as just the physical effect of wobbling or stomach unease.
I agree with Kojo about the Kava Vinaka Waka. However, I've been using a couple of other kavas lately. The current Five Star Kava is really strong in a nice way. I've been drinking a couple tablespoons of Five Star, followed by a couple tablespoons of Nambawan. If you try this combo, I think you'll "be there."

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I agree with Kojo about the Kava Vinaka Waka. However, I've been using a couple of other kavas lately. The current Five Star Kava is really strong in a nice way. I've been drinking a couple tablespoons of Five Star, followed by a couple tablespoons of Nambawan. If you try this combo, I think you'll "be there."
I agree with the 5 star - I'm on the last kilo of 20kg I bought last year and it has been consistently great. The closest to strong fresh kava I've had in terms of effect.
I know it is one of the more expensive ones in the US but probably worth it for that guaranteed kava hit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I agree with the 5 star - I'm on the last kilo of 20kg I bought last year and it has been consistently great. The closest to strong fresh kava I've had in terms of effect.
I know it is one of the more expensive ones in the US but probably worth it for that guaranteed kava hit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
20 kgs! Holy Kava!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
That's $3,400 worth of root.
I'm almost positive he lives outside of the country in an area where kava is basically unheard of. He does it smart, and I bet he ends up spending less than those of us that purchase our single kilos or pounds at a time.

I'm very surprised at the user base and how expansive their locations are. I had the bright idea of blocking Pakistan from kavaforums due to the amounts of spam we were seeing thinking there's no way it would affect anyone from KF. I get an email from one of our long time members saying they can't log in just hours after I made the change. They live in Pakistan. Unblocked that. One real user is worth dealing with 10,000 spam users, so it stays open to the world.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I'm almost positive he lives outside of the country in an area where kava is basically unheard of. He does it smart, and I bet he ends up spending less than those of us that purchase our single kilos or pounds at a time.

I'm very surprised at the user base and how expansive their locations are. I had the bright idea of blocking Pakistan from kavaforums due to the amounts of spam we were seeing thinking there's no way it would affect anyone from KF. I get an email from one of our long time members saying they can't log in just hours after I made the change. They live in Pakistan. Unblocked that. One real user is worth dealing with 10,000 spam users, so it stays open to the world.
Makes sense. Good on ya !

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
You know what is weird about 2.5 years ago I went through about a 6 month stretch where I just could not get Krunk. I drank daily and it did medicate me and eased my anxiety and insomnia issues but there was no Krunk to be found no matter what I did. Then one day it came back. Now this was the same root that worked for my customers and friends and I even tried other Kava strains. Probably a different issue, but this topic reminded me of that.
I miss the days of Heady Kava, sometimes I think the islanders think us Americans just want to be body stoned Indica style lol

Last edited: