What's new

Ozia candies noble?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Steve I would love to know which cultivar makes it so spicy ;) haha
Did you say you had to change the candies strain that you use when one of those disasters happend or something ?

KavaKitty

Meaow
I'm pretty new to the whole Kava thing, honestly. A few years ago I bought some capsules from GMC and they didn't work; neither did the Yogi tea, obviously, and I felt like crap after I took them, so I didn't bother. I decided to give it another go, though, because so many people talk about how wonderful it is. The candies are the first thing I've tried and they're awesome. I'm doing some research on how to best prepare the root, and also trying to find the best quality for the money, because I'm a writer and perpetually broke.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Your in luck then! Kava is one of the most enjoying herbs of the writer. In my humble experience. The kava loves writing and listening and reading, it seems to include everything from music to teaching and learning at school, kavas joy of interaction between beings is profound !
The candies are a good glimpse at the feeling you get from a nice shell or two.

You don't need to research anywhere farther than right here for traditional prep methods as well! :)
Here ya go

Warm/hot to the touch water. About 2 or three cups of water. You can always add more water. (sometimes too little and it just won't get it all out.)
About 2 to 8 tablespoons of kava depending how far you wanna go.
2 minimum
8 maximum (spread out )

Just add the kava too the nutmilk bag/paint strainer/ Fijian bag/ pantyhose/new white t shirt/ etc. Etc.
And start rubbing the kava while it's Under water in the straining bag. Keep rubbing and you will feel it release oils . Those are what you want. Keep going till they seem to dry out.
(If it doesn't dry out you need more water )

This is all there is too it.
Add kava to strainer.
Add strainer and kava to water.
Rub till dry.
Chill and drink 4oz servings every 20 minutes till your where you want to be.
Drink on empty (ish) stomach :)

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Steve I would love to know which cultivar makes it so spicy ;) haha
Did you say you had to change the candies strain that you use when one of those disasters happend or something ?
The recent run actually had slightly elevated lactones from the previous run but still within the boundaries. The interaction of "sublingual" use along with the lemon balm and orange flavor does make it a little more spicy than usual.

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
I always click this thread because I see "candles", not candies. Not sure what I'd want with a kava candle anyway. :sour:

I am enjoying those candies though. ::amirite::

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
The recent run actually had slightly elevated lactones from the previous run but still within the boundaries. The interaction of "sublingual" use along with the lemon balm and orange flavor does make it a little more spicy than usual.
For what it's worth @Steve, I think the lactone levels in this current batch are perfect and you should totally keep them where they're at, if possible...

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
@awametal LOL..kava doping creates a very slow pace where the runner stops and ends up talking to a lot of people...therefore coming into the finish well after the race organizers go home :)