What's new

Panic Attack - Kava Saves the Day

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Had a pretty epic panic attack ("I think I'm going insane") at work today and chewed up four Kava candies and within 10 minutes was back in a good place. Sometimes you can't monitor the amount of stress you have going on, and your brain all the of the sudden reveals every problem at once like the many petals that make up a flower. It's truly debilitating, and what is normally viewed as an issue that needs to be processed just feels like a crushing blow.

Thank the Kava Gods that this wonderful medicine exists, and that the seafaring Oceanic peoples domesticated it into something accessible to our entire species.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Thank the Kava Gods that this wonderful medicine exists, and that the seafaring Oceanic peoples domesticated it into something accessible to our entire species.
That's so right, dude. Glad you're feeling better. The kava candies are ideal for a quick relief at work and to find the focus - thank you so much @Steve !! I always have two sleeves with me, wherever I go.

D

Deleted User01

@Kavasseur, we are the only sane one. We actually realize that we are going nutters and trying to do something about it. The rest of the world is nutters and they don't even know it. :D
See, @Edward, I'm learning how to speek "The Queen's English". Nutters is my new favorite word. By the way, that post about getting a Nutters girl in England. What's wrong with that??? As long as you don't marry her. :sneaky: And I say that with all due respect to the Girls of Great Britain who are esteemed members and are obviously not Nutters like the ones that @Edward knows.

violet

Do all things with love
I've been eating through the last jar of my Paradise extract due to panic attacks. I think mine have a physiogical cause, but kava works well to quell them all the same. I should probably get a case of candy for when I run out.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Meh have had agoraphobia on and off for about 20 years. Most of the time it's manageable but I have had months before when I was younger that wouldn't leave the house. Kava really helped me a lot, same with l L-theanine. Lol helped me move to another country. Kava is gonna help on my next move also wherever that is.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
Had a pretty epic panic attack ("I think I'm going insane") at work today and chewed up four Kava candies and within 10 minutes was back in a good place. Sometimes you can't monitor the amount of stress you have going on, and your brain all the of the sudden reveals every problem at once like the many petals that make up a flower. It's truly debilitating, and what is normally viewed as an issue that needs to be processed just feels like a crushing blow.

Let's put it this way, kava is our spinach.
Stress, general bulshittery and panic attacks etc... is like our Bluto.

These past four months I've lead a team of men providing 1-1 staffing for an elderly man in an old people's home. Just over a week ago one of my guys died. In his home. Alone. I've known this guy for six years, great guy. Very talented actor, painter and just a treasure of a man, unique.
I got the news when I was home on a medical leave from work. It was unreal, I still can't really believe he is gone. His son is 12...
Today was his funeral. I'm working nights at the hospital, so I slept (or tried to) during the day. I woke up an hour and a half before the service and called my driver. As some of you know, my blood pressure has been a tad rebellious as of late and it didn't help when I first - couldn't find my suit - found it, but couldn't find the iron. I was like a rabid headless chicken, running around the house, finding one thing while leaving another behind, searching for that thing etc.. Not so much a panic attack as a freak out.
Thank you @Steve or should I say Candyman?
Service was, well, great.

Forgive me for the lengthy post, but I've yet to master the art of tweets.

In memory of

“Style is the answer to everything.
A fresh way to approach a dull or dangerous thing
To do a dull thing with style is preferable to doing a dangerous thing without it
To do a dangerous thing with style is what I call art

Bullfighting can be an art
Boxing can be an art
Loving can be an art
Opening a can of sardines can be an art

Not many have style
Not many can keep style
I have seen dogs with more style than men,
although not many dogs have style.
Cats have it with abundance.

When Hemingway put his brains to the wall with a shotgun,
that was style.
Or sometimes people give you style
Joan of Arc had style
John the Baptist
Jesus
Socrates
Caesar
García Lorca.

I have met men in jail with style.
I have met more men in jail with style than men out of jail.
Style is the difference, a way of doing, a way of being done.
Six herons standing quietly in a pool of water,
or you, naked, walking out of the bathroom without seeing me.”

Charles Bukowski

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
That's one thing that thank goodness has not happened to me in a few years, I am guessing due to the copious amounts of kava I consume daily. I very clearly remember that feeling, I hope I never experience it again.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur

image.jpeg

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor

These past four months I've lead a team of men providing 1-1 staffing for an elderly man in an old people's home. Just over a week ago one of my guys died. In his home. Alone. I've known this guy for six years, great guy. Very talented actor, painter and just a treasure of a man, unique.
I got the news when I was home on a medical leave from work. It was unreal, I still can't really believe he is gone. His son is 12...
Today was his funeral. I'm working nights at the hospital, so I slept (or tried to) during the day. I woke up an hour and a half before the service and called my driver. As some of you know, my blood pressure has been a tad rebellious as of late and it didn't help when I first - couldn't find my suit - found it, but couldn't find the iron. I was like a rabid headless chicken, running around the house, finding one thing while leaving another behind, searching for that thing etc.. Not so much a panic attack as a freak out.

In memory of

To do a dull thing with style is preferable to doing a dangerous thing without it

Boxing can be an art
Loving can be an art

Not many have style
Not many can keep style

that was style.
Joan of Arc had style
John the Baptist
Jesus
Socrates
Caesar
García Lorca.

Charles Bukowski
So glad the kava candy could help and thanks for sharing your story :) Aloha "the candyman"

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
Amen. A family member had a serious fall nearly 2 months ago the result was my stress levels were extremely high that night so I knew I needed some quick relief and decided to toss n wash a good amount of Stone. I was soon very relaxed and felt as if everything was alright when only minutes earlier a bit of uncontrollable hell was raging.

boxcar beatnik

Kava Enthusiast
One of my all time favorite writers. Up there with Hunter Thompson

In memory of

Boxing can be an art
Loving can be an art

Not many have style
Not many can keep style

that was style.
Joan of Arc had style
John the Baptist
Jesus
Socrates
Caesar
García Lorca.

Charles Bukowski

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I'm personally not a big fan of Bukowski or Burroughs. I appreciate their creativity and their "pushing the envelope," but their writing isn't really all that interesting to me. I was really into the Beats when I was younger, particularly Kerouac, Ginsberg, and Ferlinghetti. I think Ginsberg is great at using poetry to tell a story, especially with poems like Kaddish. But as I've grown older and explored more literature, I find myself really engaged with African literature and more contemporary fiction and non-fiction. The travel writings of Paul Theroux stand out to me as some of the most insightful prose in the English language. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie from Nigeria can't seem to write a bad sentence. Half a Yellow Sun and Purple Hibiscus are probably the greatest books I've read this millennium. The Book of Strange New Things by Michael Faber was one of the best books of 2015.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm personally not a big fan of Bukowski or Burroughs. I appreciate their creativity and their "pushing the envelope," but their writing isn't really all that interesting to me. I was really into the Beats when I was younger, particularly Kerouac, Ginsberg, and Ferlinghetti. I think Ginsberg is great at using poetry to tell a story, especially with poems like Kaddish. But as I've grown older and explored more literature, I find myself really engaged with African literature and more contemporary fiction and non-fiction. The travel writings of Paul Theroux stand out to me as some of the most insightful prose in the English language. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie from Nigeria can't seem to write a bad sentence. Half a Yellow Sun and Purple Hibiscus are probably the greatest books I've read this millennium. The Book of Strange New Things by Michael Faber was one of the best books of 2015.
I love Paul Theroux although people have questioned some of his descriptions of native peoples as racist. I don't think so though, he's just saying what he sees. He has enough friendly and humane interactions with plenty of people of different races and cultures that it's obvious he is not thinking from a western point of view towards race.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Oh, he's definitely not racist. At least not anymore than anyone else who talks about people, describes their differences, their culture. I've read about 25 of his books, and I wouldn't consider any of them to be racist. The closest he comes to sounding racist is in "Paddling the Pacific," which is already a bitter book to begin with (he had just gotten divorced). In the chapters where he goes to Samoa and Tonga he definitely doesn't paint a good picture of the islanders' health. But like you said, he is just writing down his observations.