What's new

Paradise Kava is over...

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Awesome! When do you expect these new products to go to market?
Not entirely sure. I've been so focused on the recipe and details of the bottled beverage recently that the straight extract got back burnered. I should have been churning out extract this whole time for sale. It's actually a very easy process once you have the ridiculously expensive equipment. The bottled drink is almost finished. We're just working on getting it shelf stable without using nasty chemicals or destroying kavalactones. If I had to guess, I'd say we'll have something in another two months. It's definitely taking longer than initially thought but we want to get it right. In the meantime, I'll pump out some extract and see if I can get it packaged up.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Agreed.

Has anyone tried the root of happiness kind ? I assume they had to have jumped on the same recipe as paradise if they were selling the same kind before

ThreeCardMonty

Raw Deal Maker
Agreed.

Has anyone tried the root of happiness kind ? I assume they had to have jumped on the same recipe as paradise if they were selling the same kind before
Yes, I have. In fact, I had some Paradise left in the fridge, so I got to compare the two directly.

Paradise seems as though the lemon and kava flavors are a bit more pronounced. It also numbs the mouth more.

The ROH product seems sweeter, and has a grittier consistency. It numbs my throat more.

Both products are great. The ROH obviously has the advantage because it is available. Honestly, if you liked the Paradise lemon/honey extract, I can't imagine you not liking the ROH offering. The only problem I have with it is the $18 a jar price tag, but hey...I'm a cheapskate.

I should also point out that the Paradise extract has been stored in my fridge, while the ROH product just arrived this week. That may or may not make a difference.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to dip a gob of ROH right now.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Not entirely sure. I've been so focused on the recipe and details of the bottled beverage recently that the straight extract got back burnered. I should have been churning out extract this whole time for sale. It's actually a very easy process once you have the ridiculously expensive equipment. The bottled drink is almost finished. We're just working on getting it shelf stable without using nasty chemicals or destroying kavalactones. If I had to guess, I'd say we'll have something in another two months. It's definitely taking longer than initially thought but we want to get it right. In the meantime, I'll pump out some extract and see if I can get it packaged up.
I can't wait...:), hope you make lots!