What's new

Micronized Kava Review Pouni Ono - Micronized

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've used this kava a few times now and always during the day. I find it excellent for getting day time relaxation. The powder is very fine again and very mild tasting, I'd go so far as to say it is actually nice tasting, no surprises for a Tongan kava.

This gives mostly all heady effects, coming on quickly and without a lot of euphoria just an uplifted happy feeling and moderate relaxation. One thing that I have noticed is that the effects seem to last for a good 2 hours and putting another shell in after an hour leads to increased effects but also quite bad nausea. Even with one shell I find it can give a little more nausea than I would usually expect. I thought this could be to do with the micronized but the borogu micro doesn't have that effect so probably not that. I have learnt to manage this by only having one shell and having something with ginger on hand. It doesn't put me off the kava as such but I will definitely stick to one shell for daytime use.

Overall I would definitely recommend this for daytime users, maybe a little too uplifting to use in the evening unless it's to go to a party or something and you've got time to wind down after.

I should say that my review of this is in contrast to the borogu micro which is a really good kava. If I had reviewed these separately I may have given slightly different ratings but as I'm actually reviewing the two more or less together it's likely to have had an effect.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Ok. I'm beginning to think my Pouni Ono Micro was mislabeled. The stuff I got is dark, tastes awful, and is so sedating I can hardly keep my eyes open.

I had the medium grind and it was a creamy white color, delicious, and made me downright perky!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Ok. I'm beginning to think my Pouni Ono Micro was mislabeled. The stuff I got is dark, tastes awful, and is so sedating I can hardly keep my eyes open.

I had the medium grind and it was a creamy white color, delicious, and made me downright perky!
I would say that's not Pouni Ono. My powder is a fairly light tan colour and tastes great.

D

Deleted User01

Nice review Sir @Edward. In my experience, most heady kavas are light in color and the darker ones are heavier and more sedating. But I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule.

Jerome

Kava Lover
I literally laid down at work on the floor and fell asleep! I'm going to have to do some more experimenting, but this sure feels different than the pouni I had before.