What's new

Quitting Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
So this is my second time quitting nic in the last couple months. Got bored out of my mind at a party with a friend and decided to pass the time with some cigs. But then that whole weekend turned into a party so my cravings came back after the third pack. So I quit the smokes and switched to my e-cig for a bit. Now I'm off again, but god its draining. Quitting cigs I have insane craving for smoke, but quitting regular nicotine is just exhausting. I made it a month last time before I smoked again. And the tired feeling lasts about two weeks. I just wanted to write this to complain since none of my smoking friends listen to me. I don't even care if you guys listen to me. I just want my energy back...:(

Anyone else have this same feeling once they quit? I've got like no real cravings and I only have energy for a couple hours every day.

NAMBATU

Kava Enthusiast
I had the opposite problem: I was really anxious. I had plenty of energy, but it all went into paranoid, stressful thoughts.

Getting off nicotine is just about logging the hours. Do whatever you can to keep your mind off it. Sleep if you can.

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
I had the opposite problem: I was really anxious. I had plenty of energy, but it all went into paranoid, stressful thoughts.

Getting off nicotine is just about logging the hours. Do whatever you can to keep your mind off it. Sleep if you can.
I need to just go to the bookstore tomorrow and buy some new stuff. All I did today was watch shit on popcorn time and eat oreos. Ate 2/3rd's of a box lol

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
It can be tough. Cannabis helps, kava helps alot too. But the best thing you can do is drink alot of water, eat healthy food constantly and relax. It will pass eventually. I've quit nicotene to many times lol. It gets easier every time .. 3 days is all it takes me if I end up having a ciggarete to be done again

Bear-Shirt

Kava Enthusiast
It is not nicotine but tobacco you have crawings for. There is a wash of 4.000+ chemicals in tobacco. Contrary to popular myth nicotine is not much more toxic or habbit forming than caffeine. However, in tobacco it essentially becomes freebase nicotine which is another beast altogether. Many people use e-cigarettes as a stepping stone since you eliminate most of the chemicals from tobacco and get back on nicotine instead of freebase nicotine. I find that the only thing that keeps me comming back to e-cigs every now and then is that there are some specific tastes I like and I do it instead of candy. No nicotine.

ouijayes

Kava Curious
taper with e-cigs (you can skip this part, I would since you aren't too deep considering you quit recently), take Chantix and don't take any drugs that can interact with it including Kava. exercise..stay busy..watch movies. endure.

scamper

I took chantix and it screwed me up. I didnt want to smoke while taking it, but three weeks into it and I had to quit taking it. Three years later and my brain is still screwed up. Made me way overly sensitive. Will tear up at the drop of a hat. If I feel really happy I will cry. Feeling sad. More tears. Its ridiculous! Last june I found the ecig. Not the convenient store ones but real APV and haven't smoked since. I was at two packs a day for 29 years. Have been tapering my nic and am down to only 3mg juice and doing great. I agree that tapering is the way to go

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah Chantix only works for some but the risk is insanely not worth it. Your better smoking some organic tobacco and quitting that
Yeah I looked up chantrix last night and it had some horrible side effects. What I did last time was take Sam-e while quitting, it's a good mood stabilizer for me. Doesn't have any profound side effects either. Just gives me insomnia some days.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah I heard that stuff is very nice.
I seriously recomend against the Chantix though. I've quit ciggaretes and through random circumstances had to quit nicotene and or cigarettes on a smaller level a hundred times .You have to be extremely present to the craving , go face first into it... really examine what your doing and why your quitting... are you HONESTLY quitting because you want to? Is someone else forcing you too subtle or otherwise ? Is societal ideas of negative tobacco the reason ? Maybe the health risks with commercial tobacco ? I'm curious for an answer if you don't mind sharing ? Even a Pm is fine if your not comfy in the open.. getting to the root of why you smoke, how you smoke and what reason your choosing to quit is utmost important... using a horrible unpredictable substance like Chantix under the guise of "health" is insane. Ecspecially if it means cutting out kava which essentially does the same thing to the brain when it comes to nicotene. So please examine those questions I asked :)

Bear-Shirt

Kava Enthusiast

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I heavily disagree..
Natural tobacco tastes delicious. Obviously not as tasty to a menthol smoker because it is naturally "regular" tobacoo.
I buy it for my family and friends to help those who don't want to quit and don't deserve to be smoking garbage
It tastes the cleanest ever 10x tastier than a regular ciggarete.. and in my opinion more potent ... my friends have confirmed the amazing drop of amount of cigs per day after using organic natural tobacoo... the only way to feel confident is by having this arrive at your door. For 20 a pound... a pound of tobacco makes 2.5 cartons roughly ... that's 8 dollars a carton... of premium fresh high quality tobacco..

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I heavily disagree..
Natural tobacco tastes delicious. Obviously not as tasty to a menthol smoker because it is naturally "regular" tobacoo.
I buy it for my family and friends to help those who don't want to quit and don't deserve to be smoking garbage
It tastes the cleanest ever 10x tastier than a regular ciggarete.. and in my opinion more potent ... my friends have confirmed the amazing drop of amount of cigs per day after using organic natural tobacoo... the only way to feel confident is by having this arrive at your door. For 20 a pound... a pound of tobacco makes 2.5 cartons roughly ... that's 8 dollars a carton... of premium fresh high quality tobacco..
Where do you order this from?? looks mighty tasty.

verticity

I'm interested in things
So, I guess I'm old fashioned, but when I was quitting nicotine a while back I used the patch. I have a problem with depression, and smoking helped elevate my mood, but it was always like a roller-coaster because nicotine is so short-acting. Slap a patch on your arm, and you get a constant level of nicotine. For me, it gave the same mood elevating effect without the roller coaster effect. I did not want to smoke when I was wearing a patch. Now, the process of tapering off the patch for me was difficult and long (much longer than 6 weeks or whatever is recommended on the box--more like 2 years), but eventually I did get nicotine free...

verticity

I'm interested in things
It is not nicotine but tobacco you have crawings for. There is a wash of 4.000+ chemicals in tobacco. Contrary to popular myth nicotine is not much more toxic or habbit forming than caffeine. However, in tobacco it essentially becomes freebase nicotine which is another beast altogether. Many people use e-cigarettes as a stepping stone since you eliminate most of the chemicals from tobacco and get back on nicotine instead of freebase nicotine. I find that the only thing that keeps me comming back to e-cigs every now and then is that there are some specific tastes I like and I do it instead of candy. No nicotine.
It's not a myth. Nicotine itself is highly addictive (but not toxic by itself).

krunkedout

Kava Lover
It's not a myth. Nicotine itself is highly addictive (but not toxic by itself).
I agree but also disagree. I'm an occasional smoker, but for the most part I just vape (18-24mg nicotine), and sometimes I just would really like a smoke. Im obviously getting my nicotine, but something about that tobacco just sounds tasty sometimes.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Mainly due to the whole plant aspect but also the chemicals cause an extra addiction.
Even without the addition of non tobacco chemicals. Whacky bakky also has maoi chemicals that obviously enhance the nicotenes effect and neurotransmitter levels. We all recognize it with other substances whole plant is the most satisfying and safest. Nicotene is toxic by itself. If you ingest enough you will die. Lol.

verticity

I'm interested in things
... Nicotene is toxic by itself. If you ingest enough you will die. Lol.
True, if you eat too much nicotine alone you can overdose and die. I read somewhere that a cigar has enough nicotine to kill several people that way, but most of it is burned during smoking. But my point was, nicotine, like many drugs, is safe if you use it the way it is supposed to be used, i.e. don't overdose on it. It won't give you cancer over the long term or anything. You won't end up having to use one of those voice box things like the guy in Mad Max. There is some question about whether long-term nicotine use by itself is bad for your heart. I actually don't know the answer to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.