What's new

Recommendations Please

verticity

I'm interested in things
an ER nurse once told me that sublingual administration was almost as effective as IV.... i tested the theory back when that sounded like a good idea and had to respectfully disagree
It can be, but only if the drug is soluble in saliva, and is easily absorbed. Some meds are specially designed for that route, but I don't think kava would be absorbed very well sublingually, because the kavalactones are not water soluble.

-33-

Trailer Park Boys - watch it on netflix!
I don't actually put it under my tongue. I'm not sure it would ever dissolve that way. I just suck on it. It seems to take an incredibly long time to dissolve, especially when I'm horizontal and my mouth is a little dry.
Once under your tongue... use your tongue to rub it back + forth in that area beneath your bottom teeth. It will dissolve in around 5min... I find that this sublingal way of absorbing it is far superior to just sucking on it, also keep the resulting liquid in your mouth the entire time, don't swallow the 'liquid' as you go

-33-

Trailer Park Boys - watch it on netflix!
an ER nurse once told me that sublingual administration was almost as effective as IV.... i tested the theory back when that sounded like a good idea and had to respectfully disagree
It is... & almost all medications can be absorbed sublingual style

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
Maybe it's just me but a mouthful of narcotics just never seemed to match up, effects wise, to an arm full.