What's new

skin issues

exit stage left
I will try black seed oil. I'm wondering if the kava is maybe triggering seasonal allergies because after I STOP the kava, it gets worse for a couple of days before it starts getting better.

exit stage left
I had the last of my Mahakea last night, just a light kava session, and if anything my allergies are better today. Tonight I'm having a light session with the other stuff to see if it gets worse. The other stuff does taste worse, and I noticed when I poured it there was more grit in it.

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
you can also take the BSO internally (as long as it's food grade) and it is an amazingly effective antihistamine as well as being mildly relaxing in its own right. i can't take benadryl, or any anticholinergics really, because they lower the seizure threshold and mine is incredibly sensitive due to some brilliant decisions i made back in the bad old days.

exit stage left
Waiting until I have more money to get the BSO but will definitely try it. Got some Mo'i med grind yesterday and my eyes were initially a bit irritated this morning but it went away. I guess I'm a little allergic to kava, but it's not horrible enough to not want to drink kava at all.

On the bright side, I had a whole bunch of bloodwork done because I'm about to finish intensive treatment for an eating disorder and my bloodwork has stabilized - everything has returned to normal, even my liver function, and one of those values was slightly elevated when my blood was drawn 7 weeks ago. I was worried because this recent bloodwork was done the morning after having some kava the night before, but no problems. Even my blood pressure has normalized, and that was after quite some time of it being too high, and then too low.

verticity

I'm interested in things
On the bright side, I had a whole bunch of bloodwork done because I'm about to finish intensive treatment for an eating disorder and my bloodwork has stabilized - everything has returned to normal, even my liver function, and one of those values was slightly elevated when my blood was drawn 7 weeks ago. I was worried because this recent bloodwork was done the morning after having some kava the night before, but no problems. Even my blood pressure has normalized, and that was after quite some time of it being too high, and then too low.
Great to hear your health is improving, @Schmedward!

K

Kava Steve

Waiting until I have more money to get the BSO but will definitely try it. Got some Mo'i med grind yesterday and my eyes were initially a bit irritated this morning but it went away. I guess I'm a little allergic to kava, but it's not horrible enough to not want to drink kava at all.

oddly I had something similar, didnt know if it was a coincident but last time my blood was checked I was borderline kidney diseas according to my Dr but after kava all functions normal

DylanJ

Kava Curious
I get an allergy from Kava also, after drinking Kava for about four days I get red patches under my eyes on my cheeks and also on my nose. I got tested for Lupus and all my liver enzyme tests came back normal. The rash doesn't itch or hurt but just looks really bad. It goes away after I stop drinking Kava for about 2 days.

D

Deleted User01

I drink a lot of kava and have never gotten dermopathy. And this is nuts because most of my life I have lived with mild dermatitis on my face (way before Kava and probably caused by booze). I use cortisone cream to keep it under bay and it never bothers me. So when you guys post that you get dermo, please tell us what type of kava your are using, what strain, and how much. For the record, 90 percent of my kava intake is Micronized from GHK (only Hawaiian strains) and lately I have doing the Hanakapi Aye Aye which is powder that is strained.

exit stage left
I'm guessing what I'm getting is not actually dermopathy, but an allergy. I get red, swollen, sore eyes after a few days in a row of 6-8 tbsp of kava. It seems less bothersome with GHK, I've been using maybe 4-6 tbsp of GHK medium grind Mo'i nightly for a few nights with only a bit of sore eyes but nowhere near the allergy I got before, when I was alternating GHK and a local vendor. With Mo'i, I need less, and with less, there's less of a reaction. Noble kava seems better for my allergic reaction too.

K

Kava Steve

I drink a lot of kava and have never gotten dermopathy. And this is nuts because most of my life I have lived with mild dermatitis on my face (way before Kava and probably caused by booze). I use cortisone cream to keep it under bay and it never bothers me. So when you guys post that you get dermo, please tell us what type of kava your are using, what strain, and how much. For the record, 90 percent of my kava intake is Micronized from GHK (only Hawaiian strains) and lately I have doing the Hanakapi Aye Aye which is powder that is strained.
use aquaphor works a lot better for dermatitis, just rub it on till you can't see flakes anymore, clears up for days after one to two treatments

DylanJ

Kava Curious
I drink strictly GHK Boroguru and after about 4 days the allergic reaction comes. I posted pictures before. Looks like red blotches. It doesn't hurt or itch and only appears on my checks under my eyes and on my nose with a small amount on my forehead above my eybrow. A little steroid cream and refraining from Kava for one night and it's gone in the morning. Then I drink Kava and it comes back in 4 days again. The Kava Forte from standard process does not trigger it. I double filter and let the kava settle a bit before drinking it which seems to help. I drink only 3 rounded tablespoons per day. The worst I ever got it was from BKH Boroguru that time it really flamed up and didn't go away for a number of days

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Mine are under control to the point I can do a day or two of medium grind. Still have to filter the mess out of it! Friday and Saturday of med. grind and I am just starting to have a slight caugh; as such, it's time to take a few days off and it will clear up. I get more days out of kava when I use an instant or GHK micro. Seems like I am building up abit of tolerance! ::whatawho::