What's new

Soaking your balls... an optional aluball step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I think I or someone else mentioned this on another thread but I got distracted while making kava tonight and came back to find I got a stronger shell after my aluballs had been soaking in the liquid and then shaken. Not sure why that happens but worth mentioning. Of course you might want to aluball as it's just quicker and easier but if you do have a bit of extra time then maybe let them soak for a while before shaking.

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
I think I or someone else mentioned this on another thread but I got distracted while making kava tonight and came back to find I got a stronger shell after my aluballs had been soaking in the liquid and then shaken. Not sure why that happens but worth mentioning. Of course you might want to aluball as it's just quicker and easier but if you do have a bit of extra time then maybe let them soak for a while before shaking.
Love it...that's kind of how I make what I call our office liquid sunshine.
Using two AluBall's I fill one up with large coffee grinds and the other up with Kava. Let both of them brew over night and then shake it up in the morning for a relaxed focus all day. I know mixing coffee and Kava is not for everyone but I can never get enough of either lol.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
That would be me (maybe) I always shake for 5, soak for 5 and then shake some more. Got soak them balls! (too easy) :D

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
A friend makes up her kava first thing every morning in the blender, hits it again before she leaves for work, and than again when she gets home. She swears it's twice as strong. I tried it a few times but I just ended up drink it right away after I made it. I never got to see if it was stronger :(

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Definitely the case... it softens the hard fibers and cells and makes them more fluid. Kava is a hard dry plant . It takes a minute to really break through those cell walls.

I always use hot water for a couple seconds before traditional prep when making it.
Kavafied conveniantly makes his kava ground more fine, which works with the alubal more than other companies who are aimimg for traditional prep so less grind
For these kava's I use hot water like boroguru

Status
Not open for further replies.