What's new

Kava Preparation Some advice/help please.

Jason123098

Kava Curious
I am new to this site and have never tried Kava in any form.....i recently bought 250mg capsules, Piper methysticum) (Root) Standardized to contain min. 30% Kavalactones). I am curious do capsules effect you on the same day? If so how many hours roughly does it take to take effect....will i even feel it....i am not a stranger to past use of other drugs and was a big alcoholic for years.....

I wanted to buy stronger Kava but iam in Australia.....so i can only get certain things shipped here from the U.S.

Thanks in advance.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I am new to this site and have never tried Kava in any form.....i recently bought 250mg capsules, Piper methysticum) (Root) Standardized to contain min. 30% Kavalactones). I am curious do capsules effect you on the same day? If so how many hours roughly does it take to take effect....will i even feel it....i am not a stranger to past use of other drugs and was a big alcoholic for years.....

I wanted to buy stronger Kava but iam in Australia.....so i can only get certain things shipped here from the U.S.

Thanks in advance.
what were you hoping or expecting to feel?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I am new to this site and have never tried Kava in any form.....i recently bought 250mg capsules, Piper methysticum) (Root) Standardized to contain min. 30% Kavalactones). I am curious do capsules effect you on the same day?
No and it will take 10 -12 of them for you to feel anything..eventually.

If so how many hours roughly does it take to take effect....will i even feel it....i am not a stranger to past use of other drugs and was a big alcoholic for years.....
Maybe 1/2 an hour to 1 hour at best.

Thanks in advance.
@Henry or @Edward may be able to offer some advice on getting the root. The way to go is medium grind, get some and start at 1/4-1/3 of a cup and see how you feel, adjust the dosage as needed. That's the most effective way to drink kava, effects tend to last a lot longer depending on your root of choice.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah, you're probably not going to noticeably feel any of that right away. With the capsules if they are working for you it's something you would notice gradually start to take effect over the course of a few weeks, little by little, I think. Not to say it won't happen with the capsules, they really do have kava in them. But it can take some time for the effects to kick in, and they are likely to be subtle when they do. Bit by bit, though, over time you should start to feel less anxious, get better sleep. Figure on a couple months of daily use, though.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm in the UK and use a company called stackry to get kava delivered from the US. (in my sig link). You write your own shipping label so you can put it down as whatever you like, tea is my favourite. I don't know what the penalties are for attempting to have kava delivered into Australia but check they are not too high before you try. In the UK a lot of people only strictly use kava as a pet supplement. There are a lot of happy pets over here. Just some ideas for you.

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast

Thanks in advance.
I started off with capsules. Gaia I think. The package said three a day. I started noticing an effect when I used six to 10 at once. That was when I thought there might really be something to it and I looked into the traditional prep. I was heebie jeebied taking that many tablets , and it would have been very expensive to keep up that pace.

Good luck figuring out a source.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I started off with capsules. Gaia I think. The package said three a day. I started noticing an effect when I used six to 10 at once. That was when I thought there might really be something to it and I looked into the traditional prep. I was heebie jeebied taking that many tablets , and it would have been very expensive to keep up that pace.

Good luck figuring out a source.
This is exactly how I discovered the magic of kava. Exactly.

D

Deleted User01

Your story is similar to mine. Here is your plan: You have Kava at Happy Hour. That's it, it's simple. You will sleep like an infant and you will wake up with no nasty hangover. You may experience the morning after shield which is a feeling of calm and well being. Oh, and did I mention you will live longer too and everyone around you is going to like the new you? You are going to like kava but please buy from the vendors listed on the forums here. We know a thing or two about kava because we have seen a thing or two.

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
Since you are a founder of these forums, you would not have had the benefit of them, as I did. So I should give due credit to the forum, since that is where I found most of the inspiration to jump in and learn to make grog, and then I learned about the aluball and it just keeps going. Got my husband into it too, and away from alcohol. And I have had about a half glass of wine in the last three months. This stuff is awesome.

Jason123098

Kava Curious
So you suggest i take 5-10 capsules at once? Until i can get my hands hopefully on some powder (saw someone selling fiji 1 kilo on gum tree here in my state but someone else bought them before i could).
Pouni Ono, Loa Waka and/or Borogu these any good? (powder form).

Jason123098

Kava Curious
Your story is similar to mine. Here is your plan: You have Kava at Happy Hour. That's it, it's simple. You will sleep like an infant and you will wake up with no nasty hangover. You may experience the morning after shield which is a feeling of calm and well being. Oh, and did I mention you will live longer too and everyone around you is going to like the new you? You are going to like kava but please buy from the vendors listed on the forums here. We know a thing or two about kava because we have seen a thing or two.
Can you send me a link to where i can purchase from these vendors?

D

Deleted User01

http://kavaforums.com/forum/
That is the link to the front page of this forum that lists the vendors. Some of them have sampler packs which are helpful when deciding what kava suits your needs. Because of the vigilance by Kava testing companies like True Kava, you are assured they the kava will be noble. If they are not noble, the vendor will tell you so. The members here also serve as watchdogs so I think you will be pretty safe ordering any listed here.