What's new

Sourcing Kava in Australia

AaronCobra

Kava Curious
Yeah it's OK I think? I'm not noticing any weird effects so far, though I've only tried a little...
That’s great, can you share a link so we can buy some too?

I just ordered some instant from Amazon, had to try something otherwise Fiji Kava are gonna get ALL my money

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast

I just ordered some instant from Amazon, had to try something otherwise Fiji Kava are gonna get ALL my money
I hadn't seen it before and haven't since - I think it was just a one off from a seller that sells all sorts of stuff, they probably just brought it back from a holiday! I searched for "Fiji waka" and just got lucky..

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast

@AaronCobra How did the Amazon order go? Did it make it through Customs? I'm hovering over making another Amazon purchase....

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Fijikava.com are offering 22.5% off with a subscription - brings the price down to $62 for 90 caps every 4, 8 or 12 weeks. Empty those out and you have about 65g of micronized noble kava.

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Effervescent kava tablets:

Available in Aus if anyone's interested. It says on that page they use only water extracted noble kava, which is promising!

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Bad news:

Updates on proposed changes to the import of kava
Due to the impact of Covid-19 the revised implementation date will be 2021. Further targeted consultation will commence once travel restrictions and the impact of Covid-19 have eased.

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Also:

8 July 2020
NOTE: The Department recognises that travel restrictions arising from COVID-19 has impacted the ability to obtain kava for personal use. Unfortunately temporary measures to allow the import of kava by mail are not possible as such channels would require legislative changes and significant consultation with Australian State and Territory Governments. With the prioritised focus on COVID-19 such consultations are not available at this time.

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Meanwhile, from the ACT government website:

Kava supply and consumption is now permitted in the ACT and is no longer restricted to public events. Kava may now be consumed as a food in the ACT if it is:

• a beverage made from dissolving kava root using cold water only and not using any organic solvent; or
  • dried or raw kava root.