What's new

Powdered Kava Review Squanch Kava-Fiji Waka

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
kava-squnach.png

Waka Kava
I clandestinely received another batch of Squanch kava recently, deep on the dark web, to compare it to my original experience with it. Anyone who's read any of my previous postings on it, won't find anything new here, because the experience was very consistent with my last.

Overall, I consider this to be a great, medium strength heady-centric kava. Very reminiscent of Mo'i, KavaBoy's Tongan and many other Polynesian 'White Kavas'. It actually feels much more similar to the Lawena kavas I've had, more so than wakas. The experience is very clean, pleasant and uplifting. Being largely heady and minimally sedating or nauseating allows for you to still be active and social while enjoying the effects, if you so desire. This is also one of the few kavas that has a relatively minimal affect on my appetite suppression, which allows me to enjoy my post kava meal a bit more than usual.

The scent of this, like a few other Fijian kavas I've had, has a hint of cinnamon candy to it. The prepared flavor loses the cinnamon, in favor of a light earthy, slightly creamy taste with very little lasting bitterness. It's absolutely one of the easiest kavas to drink. Although the kava doesn't seem to react particularly strong with me, the pleasant mood-lifting effect is readily noticeable even after the first shell. At dosages up to 12 Tbsp, I can start to feel the heavier kavalactones kicking in, which I tend to prefer. I feel like I could drink this one for many hours, similar to the way Fijians and Tongans enjoy doing. Very little next-day effects or possible side-effects, if any --- Good stuff, especially recommended who love full-on heady stuff or for newbies who fear bitterness.

::tanoa::

snob-50-gif.gif
@Squanch72

Last edited:

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
How is this with jitters? Wanting to try a bit more of heady stuff but nothing that will give me anxiety.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
It shouldnt be in the least bit jittery. This one is heady (not body heavy) in the way it manifests but it's actually balanced and neutral as far as effects

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
How is this with jitters? Wanting to try a bit more of heady stuff but nothing that will give me anxiety.
No jitteriness in my experience, but sometimes it's a crap shoot, the way a kava will hit you...I'll have some kavas give me jitters on one occasion but not the next...or it might be dependent on your personal body chemistry. There's a theory that kavas with higher amounts of Yagonin (kavalactone #3) can cause a bit of a racier feeling.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah I am just trying to branch out really looking for a euphoric feeling so trying to find something balanced but heady. I enjoy heavy because it's pretty good at stopping a panic attack but I'm mush.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I am very partial to jitters with certain strains of heady root myself. I have to be careful what ones I drink. I never get the jitters from my Waka or Lawena, but everyone is different.
The new strain has more touches of body/heavy to it than the original strain too. Like more in between heady and balanced than the original strain. So much so that I tend to drink the Lawena as my go to medicinal daily strictly heady root now and the Waka more for deeper alone time krunk sessions. Both are great for removing anxiety. So the Waka might be worth a shot for you @nickbroken.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
@Squanch72 the last batch of waka you had could take my mind off of any bad day or worries. I miss it. The new stuff is good and potent but it doesnt have the same level of headkrunk for sure. It was like entering the krunk dimension man. Like it would pretty much teleport you to willy waka's kava factory. I think i remember seeing a river made entirely of kava where you could just dip your shell in and have a bit. Then there was that round greasy bastard augustus grog who had to flop right into the glorious thing...

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
@Squanch72 the last batch of waka you had could take my mind off of any bad day or worries. I miss it. The new stuff is good and potent but it doesnt have the same level of headkrunk for sure. It was like entering the krunk dimension man. Like it would pretty much teleport you to willy waka's kava factory. I think i remember seeing a river made entirely of kava where you could just dip your shell in and have a bit. Then there was that round greasy bastard augustus grog who had to flop right into the glorious thing...
I nearly cried the day I found out the original farm was destroyed. Then I cried again when I found out I didn't save any for myself. It was solely heady and my favorite root of all time. It was strong but still great for everyday use. If there is a similar effect strain as the original Squanch existing my supplier will find it.
I actually feel like the new strain is even more potent except it is balanced instead of purely heady. I also have had my hands on some 12 year Waka that takes that same balanced effect even deeper. I am into mixing both Waka half and half with the Lawena a lot too. That is a nice blend. I also have access to some strong solely heavy root too. I may branch out the Squanch line depending to what is available to me.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah I am just trying to branch out really looking for a euphoric feeling so trying to find something balanced but heady. I enjoy heavy because it's pretty good at stopping a panic attack but I'm mush.
I just got my first batch of Moi yesterday. I love it. No jitters and it works really well for anxiety relief for me. Haven't tried this one yet, I may have to put it on my list. This review made me want to stop and smell the kava like one would at a wine tasting.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
I just got my first batch of Moi yesterday. I love it. No jitters and it works really well for anxiety relief for me. Haven't tried this one yet, I may have to put it on my list. This review made me want to stop and smell the kava like one would at a wine tasting.
Really? I have heard it can be intense because mahakea can make me jittery.