What's new

Strange..... Please help.

IloveKava23

Kava Curious
Hello, I am a new member on here. I have come across a strange problem. I just got a new cultivar that is supposed to be very very high quality, unfortunately I'm not feeling much from it. I have broken my reverse tolerance and have been taking kava daily for quite some months. I have never had this issue but a couple times. I've heard somewhere that when you get a new cultivar sometimes you have to use it a bit to be able to feel the true effects from it. Is that true? Because I usually feel kava very strongly and this stuff was highly suggested. I had the same issue with pouni ono, didn't feel it much but then after taking a decent amount of it in multiple days in a row it's affects were much more prominent. Thank you for any advice/help you can give!!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I get the same thing all the time. Just keep using it and it should start working better.

*** saying that there are some strains that no matter how well recommended they are may just not be for you. I would say if you've used it 2 or 3 times and still aren't getting much from it then move on.

Reactions: Myk

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hello, I am a new member on here. I have come across a strange problem. I just got a new cultivar that is supposed to be very very high quality, unfortunately I'm not feeling much from it. I have broken my reverse tolerance and have been taking kava daily for quite some months. I have never had this issue but a couple times. I've heard somewhere that when you get a new cultivar sometimes you have to use it a bit to be able to feel the true effects from it. Is that true? Because I usually feel kava very strongly and this stuff was highly suggested. I had the same issue with pouni ono, didn't feel it much but then after taking a decent amount of it in multiple days in a row it's affects were much more prominent. Thank you for any advice/help you can give!!
I have the opposite effect when drinking a new batch from a new vendor, typically the change helps me almost reset my tolerance for the new kava. I find myself many times drinking from certain vendors I enjoy very much, for namy months on end and the change is always pleasant for me.

As @Edward said though, it affects everyone differently, so keep drinking it.

Bula! :)

IloveKava23

Kava Curious
I get the same thing all the time. Just keep using it and it should start working better.

*** saying that there are some strains that no matter how well recommended they are may just not be for you. I would say if you've used it 2 or 3 times and still aren't getting much from it then move on.
Sweet! Thank you! I wonder why it does that? This has happened to me a couple times before If I remember correctly. I appreciate the advice!!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This has always happened to me. Every time I switch to a new strain I have to retrain myself on what to look for in terms of effects. Kava is such a strange one, but that diversity is, to me, what makes it so interesting.

D

Deleted User01

I have no such problems. Perhaps it's the power of suggestion. I always expect to feel effects and I am never disappointed. I think once your brain is convinced that it works every time then maybe you won't have that problem. My brain is sold lock, stock, and barrel.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
Yes it is. I'd rather not say the name as I don't want people to think it's not good quality just because I'm not feeling it much right now.
Would you let me know which kava it is via a PM? I have a certain cultivar that is sold by a vendor that gives me the same exact experience (lack of) and I'm curious if it is the same company. I'm happy with the rest of the products but this particular cultivar just does nothing for me, I'm not looking to call out the vendor it's more of a curiosity thing.
Thanks