What's new

Successful on a panic trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
OK. So I had to ride a bike about 3 miles to drop it off for repair. Then get a bus home. It's not that I'm not capable of using public transport but it makes me very edgy so I often only do it when I'm relaxed with alcohol. Which I can't do in the day for driving later. Alternatively I could do it Saturday afternoon after a few beers. Or get an uber home. But I wanted to catch the bus. Like everyone else. And get on with my day. So I drank a tablespoon of GHK Nene medium. And prepared the same amount of Hiwa for my bottle to take with me. Mission accomplished and not too bad. For various reasons over the last year my drinking increased. And my confidence went down in these situations and I started either avoiding them or drinking before. So today was a leap of faith and no doubt will get much easier from here.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks guys. And unlike alcohol, i didnt have to keep topping up untill bedtime, getting drunk. Causing a row etc. I just stopped.
Watched ghostbusters with my little boy and picked my wife up from the train at 9pm.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Thanks guys. And unlike alcohol, i didnt have to keep topping up untill bedtime, getting drunk. Causing a row etc. I just stopped.
Watched ghostbusters with my little boy and picked my wife up from the train at 9pm.
You're right, that is one of the major differences and benefits of kava vs alcohol. The fact that you've picked that up already is a really good sign. Alcohol makes you keep drinking it until it hurts you, kava does not.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
So true. And no pull to do it this morning. I. Made a shell up this morning with extra water and put it in my drinks bottle in the car. Didn't feel the need so it's in the fridge for later. If I had used alcohol yesterday today would have been a battle.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Another success thanks to kava. Picked my son up from school and took him to the local mall. Even let him eat in at Burger King as a treat. Generally I would avoid that sort of thing as my anxiety would gradually increase until I was rushing him out and only relax when I was back in the car and felt in control. I had made a tbplsoon of Hiwa medium grind up in the alluball with plenty of water and milk. Drink half. About N hour before pickup. Then had the rest in a sports bottle. I had a few sips in the car park and didn't then even take it with me to the mall. Strangley my hands still sweat on and off but no panic.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Big test today if anyone's following. Drove to a large local. Mall took son to cinema then met wife at opticians to help her choose glasses. Previously I would have had to have alcohol and she would have driven home. I prepared two small bottles of medium nene prepped in the alluball. 2 tbsp of medium grind. I was a bit wobbly at first. It took a while to work, but work it did. In future I would take at least a tbsp an hour before any of that crowds stuff.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Im following this closely and agree with @Kapmcrunk this is the best part of the forums.

So when you say you were a bit wobbly at first you mean it took a bit for the anxiety to settle down because you waited till you were in the crowd before taking it ? And so now you will take it earlier to get your bearings before the big event/crowd?
I think that's a good idea if so !
It's amazing to think how your days could've gone with alcohol vs kava ....
I find the palm thing very interesting !
Kava does this to me anyway when I have heady Hawaiin kinds makes my hands sweat.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Hi Mr. Binx, yes you understood me exactly. As it was about a 7 mile drive I didn't take the kava, until I entered the very crowded mall, then I had to negotiate my way through crowds to the packed cinema lobby. It was a bit stress as I couldnt make out whether kava was making my legs unstable or my old friend anxiety. Once we were seated I finished my first shell. That was at. 4.30pm. Took the second my 5.00 pm. By 5.30 I was happy and relaxed. By 6 I was walking around to the opticians without a care. So just need to start earlier and have that first shell sitting down and give it time to work.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Managed to go via bus and train to london then walk busy streets to the London Eye area with my son. I had two
Two shells of nene about 2bsp medium grind an hour before going. Was i as relaxed as when ive had half a bottle of wine
And a can of stella . No? It wasnt perfect, but i did it. Next time will be easier.

I sipped on about half a shell when we got there and allowed myself on pint of lager whilemhenplayed video games. I was aware
That it might effect me more. It didnt really. However i gradually became more and more relaxed into the day. We even got the tube
Which I would never do unless drunk. Met the wife for a meal from her work, i had one bottle of corona which had no effect.

So i was out about 9 hours in london on a pint and a half. And 2.5 shells of kava. My usual would be 3 times that before the train then joylessly topping up here and there to maintain. And then being exhausted all the next day like i had been on a stag do but without any actual fun.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Managed to go via bus and train to london then walk busy streets to the London Eye area with my son. I had two
Two shells of nene about 2bsp medium grind an hour before going. Was i as relaxed as when ive had half a bottle of wine
And a can of stella . No? It wasnt perfect, but i did it. Next time will be easier.

I sipped on about half a shell when we got there and allowed myself on pint of lager whilemhenplayed video games. I was aware
That it might effect me more. It didnt really. However i gradually became more and more relaxed into the day. We even got the tube
Which I would never do unless drunk. Met the wife for a meal from her work, i had one bottle of corona which had no effect.

So i was out about 9 hours in london on a pint and a half. And 2.5 shells of kava. My usual would be 3 times that before the train then joylessly topping up here and there to maintain. And then being exhausted all the next day like i had been on a stag do but without any actual fun.
man, that is awesome. Thanks for sharing this! Excellent!

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast

Fantastic! I love reading about what kava can do.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks guys. Of course the benefits extended too. Felt great the next day but also feel like ive achieved something. Went out the next day after just one shell tsp of nene instant. Worked came home, did the usual. If i had alcohol i would have booked the next day off. Today im taking the boy shoe shopping. Bless him, he thought we would be getting the bus, as i would build a couple of drinks into it . And a sneaky one or two beforehand. But im not even worried because having had success all day in the city.

With alcohol you cant build on it. With kava it seems you can.

Tholman

Kava Curious
This is one of the best parts of the forum. It's great that you share your journey with us which so far seems to have gone great. This has got to be motivating for the many that are facing similar challenges.

Keep trucking and, if you hit a bump, get back on the wheel and keep trucking again. It's not about always being successful, but always to keep trying.

By the way, I'll shamelessly use metaphors and cliches as long as they're speaking the truth. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.