What's new

Sudden urge to hurl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova Cain

Seeking the edges
Well, this was unexpected. I took a few days off of kava and tonight tried the aluball with 2 tbsp kava and about 1.5 cups coconut water. It seemed too weak to me, so I consumed shells at 15 minute increments instead of 30. All was well and I felt a light effect. I chalked it up to learning the ropes. About 1/2 hour later I was starving so I made some cheesy rice. As I was finishing it I suddenly had the instant urge to express a technicolor yawn and ran to the bathroom. I didn't throw up, almost, but not quite. It was just so sudden. My stomach felt sore and upset for a few hours after...
Weird.
Even though it was a pretty weak brew, can nausea still play a part? I think I may have rushed it a little...

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
Coconut water makes me want to barf by itself. But I do sometimes get nausea with kava if I drink too much over a period of time. But for me "too much" is a lot more than 2 tbs. In general it is recommended to drink kava on an empty stomach, but I find that I get less nausea if I eat small snacks during my "session" so my stomach is not completely empty. And like you said, pacing and taking it easy are always good ideas.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Well, this was unexpected. I took a few days off of kava and tonight tried the aluball with 2 tbsp kava and about 1.5 cups coconut water. It seemed too weak to me, so I consumed shells at 15 minute increments instead of 30. All was well and I felt a light effect. I chalked it up to learning the ropes. About 1/2 hour later I was starving so I made some cheesy rice. As I was finishing it I suddenly had the instant urge to express a technicolor yarn and ran to the bathroom. I didn't throw up, almost, but not quite. It was just so sudden. My stomach felt sore and upset for a few hours after...
Weird.
Even though it was a pretty weak brew, can nausea still play a part? I think I may have rushed it a little...
That's no bueno!

I've felt severe nausea before, but only from obscene amounts of kava (think 1 cup's worth of powder in an hour or so). Give it a few days and try again with just kava + water to see how your body reacts. It might be the kava, it might be the coconut water, it might be something in the air. Rest and get better!

D

Deleted User01

Man, I can't remember the last time that Kava gave me Nausea so I'll go with Kavadude and the rancid coconut water. The most kava that I ever do in one sitting is 3 doses. I got plenty of kavalactones running in my bloodstream and 2 doses usually does the trick. Just a reminder to everyone, we are not trying to get stoned out of our minds anymore ... right? :LOL: Anyway, the older I get the less I like the feeling of being "out of it". Kava gives me just the right buzz or sedation and keeps me in my 5 senses. It really is a wonderful plant.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
The heavy tree pollen has my stomach a mess this last week. For me it is hard to eat or drink anything right now without a little nausea from all the drainage tearing up my stomach. I am working up the courage to sip some yerba mate right now because I am running on empty and really need the energy. It has been making kava much harder to get down this week even when I added some Tang to it.

D

Deleted User01

Good observation @Squanch72. My sinuses are a little clogged but my wife is totally miserable. And she never thought she had allergies. And I don't think the oak pollen is even close to peaking! And we have 6 Oak Trees in the back yard. :eek: So let's count spring allergies as a possible culprit for nausea. It's not uncommon to see people wearing masks outside in a feeble attempt to avoid breathing in the pollen. FYI, my patio looks like someone painted it yellow. Yeah, it's all Oak Pollen.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
@Deleted User01 @Squanch72
I never really had pollen related issues with the eyes before, but now it seems pollen+Dry ass air in the workplace+4hrs sleep max=mad itchy and dry eyes.
Here's the kicker though, came home this morning and had some @Kavafied fiji waka and the eyes cleared up. I also felt compelled to eat close to 300grams of peanut butter.
@Nova Cain
I recognize the feeling you describe. Sometimes kava will give me that the instant I drink it.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
@Deleted User01 you make my day consistently, your like the step grandad I always wanted.

Yeah I've gotten this with alot and sometimes if I'm dehydrated right away and it's immediatley fixed by a couple glasses of water.
Also the cheese stuff you made could've just not mixed with the kava either
I've had coconut water cause my kava to curl too . So that's a factor there .
What company was it ? Do some turn pink ? If not its a processed kind and can do that lol

D

Deleted User01

@Capitán Bastos, 300 grams of peanut butter??? That alone would make me hurl. Now a jar of Nutella is an easier nut to crack. :hungry: It's nice that the Kava works for you on the eye inflammation.
@Mrbinx69, I think he forgot to mention that he used Limberger cheese. Yikes! :eek: Just kidding of course. :D

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
@Capitán Bastos, 300 grams of peanut butter??? That alone would make me hurl. Now a jar of Nutella is an easier nut to crack. :hungry: It's nice that the Kava works for you on the eye inflammation.
@Mrbinx69, I think he forgot to mention that he used Limberger cheese. Yikes! :eek: Just kidding of course. :D
The secret to peanut butter consumption on this massive scale (I've never done this before in my life and I never really was exited about peanut butter) is the following:

1) 3x11hr night shifts
2) 3x4hr or less sleep
3) Two AluBalls of Fiji Waka
(About 3x2dl servings)
Consumed in less than 30minutes
4) Peanut Butter
5) a spoon

The process of utilizing the spoon to administer the insane amount of calories, should be self explanatory.

The secret is to spend about one hour on the first 200grams or so, pace yourself, and then ingesting the rest whenever you wake up from your slumber to P word all over the bathroom.

I experienced no nausea and woke up rested and feeling like I could easily go days without food.

I'm pretty sure I'm not allergic to peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.