What's new

Tao Te Ching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I Will be posting more pages of the Tao te ching gradually as I feel a pull to share . There we can talk about it. How kava can come into the teachings ect.. this is about the works of Lao Tzu as a human.
Not as a philosophical breakdown of Doaism which is for a social studies class and religion.. :)

EQ

Atman
@wanderingwoodsmith
It is about the "State".
In yoga it is being one with the cosmic consciousness.
In the bible Jesus calls it peace.
The psychonaught would call it ego-transcendance.
The label darkness is confusing. I am assuming it is talking about looking inwards in meditation. The darkness behind closed eye-lids.

"The unnamable is the eternally real" = egoless.

"Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations" = focused intention shifts reality.
"Free from desire, you realize the mystery". = synchronicity, mystical experience.

"The gateway to all understanding" = Yeah

Last edited:

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
I like your understanding and interpretation of it, @TheanineLife. I am too Krunk to find meaning in a lot of this, which is not usual for me. Although, Daoism can be pretty deep. I used to flip through my old books for little pieces of inspiration, but never really did much heavy reading on the subject. For some reason this Big Kava waka is really really strong, with a smaller dose than normal. I have no train of thought tonight.

EQ

Atman
I like your understanding and interpretation of it, @TheanineLife. I am too Krunk to find meaning in a lot of this, which is not usual for me. Although, Daoism can be pretty deep. I used to flip through my old books for little pieces of inspiration, but never really did much heavy reading on the subject. For some reason this Big Kava waka is really really strong, with a smaller dose than normal. I have no train of thought tonight.
Since grade 9 I've been studying to understand consciousness. Including psychology, religion, shamanism, drugs. I live for this shit

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
Im right there with you. When I was was 16 I spent 2 years studying the original texts of the Bible in the original languages of Hebrew, Aramaic, And Greek, word for word, there meanings, and context. I learned too much. That is why I am here today, and not in church. It ruined me lol. Since realizing the truth about religion, I have studied many spiritual paths, and keep coming back to indigenous shamanic practices, and a basic understanding of natural spirituality. My desire to learn took me down the path of using many different substances as tools, but has since led me away from almost all drugs, natural or man made. I also live for this shit, and drive myself crazy with researching everything and anything every chance I get. I am an ardent spiritual student, and will be til the day I die. Its a burning passion that I cannot extinguish.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Exactly the point @Kapmcrunk really explained it .

Lao tzu was asked to write this book.
So he starts off saying that. I can talk about day about this but the word consciousness is not consciousness. It only points to it. If you can name it it's not it! If you can talk about it it's not the real consciousness.
"The unnamable is the eternally real"
The unmanifested consciousness is the Tao. As soon as you call it tao or unmanifested consciousness .. it has just become manifested! And therefore is not the true Tao!
See to it that not knowing is darkness .. the female. Consciousness within consciousness is the gateway to all understanding could be another way to put it.
Next page :) and some eckhart tolle explaining the Tao te ching to come !!

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I haven't read and absorbed these excerpts yet but one thing I do know is that the body and the sub-conscious self absorbs and remembers everything from the day we were born and can manifest these experiences in our future physical and mental health.
I see an acupuncturist/energy healer twice a month. We've unraveled a lot and learnt a lot - far more than the psychotherapy I went through. Anyway, she tried a new (for her) treatment - a modified version of Emotion Code. Long story short - my body and the mental images I received told her that I had some kind of trauma around 7 months of age. Of course I couldn't remember so I asked my mom if I ever had any illness or problems when I was around 7 months old. She said yes. I caught measles after having the measles vaccination! Apparently I was very ill and she had to constantly swaddle me in a blanket!!! Got the chills when she told me!!
The images I got?? a blanket being constantly wrapped around me!
The other image - lots and lots of wine glasses! Haven't figured that one out yet!
Anyway, yea our mind body connection is powerful stuff and I'm happy to let kava help me heal as I listen to the power of the root.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
That's awesome! Good to know your bringing it to the surface. The best thing we can do here is just to allow. Never any more than that. The on ly way the power can come through you is through allowance of this moment as it is , without reservation.

Huebras

Kava Newbie
As soon as I read the title of this post I had to dive in. I first read the Tao Te Ching when I was 16 and have always kept a copy close at hand since. Another book of note on the subject is "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff. This is a wonderful little book that sets out to show the reader that Winnie the Pooh is a true Taoist master. It also does a great job of explaining the concepts and ideas of Taoism.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Dude I love tao of pooh!!!! Hahaha I went to my school library in high school looking for it and the librarians like we have the Tao of pooh and I loved it lol. Winnie the pooh was made for adults originally

Huebras

Kava Newbie
I used to quote the last line of page three to my ex-wife when it was my turn to do the dishes. She never bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.