What's new

The ultimate test, lol

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
So, after 3 days in a row drinking unfiltered black bag (nambawan) kava my doctor sprung some surprise blood work on me this morning. I havent used anything else (except honokial) in about a week. Ive otherwsie been using kava over the past 6 months. If nothing turns up so far as liver enzymes I think the rest of you are probably in the clear, lol. Cross your fingers.

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
Hah, awesome. I was wondering how it's affecting me drinking the stuff unfiltered. Your surprise blood work is just perfect :D

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Yup not strained. Some finer grounds arent hard to get down - especially when mixed with a thicker liquid, like almond milk. And the effects are WAY more pronounced and long lasting.

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
Indeed. I've been doing that mostly with KT Botanicals' Super Epi lately, which is pretty much identical in consistency to Nambawan.

When I first started doing that I had some adventurous poos the next morning, but I think my body must have gotten used to it because I have no problems now.

It's much harder to get down when you have all those gooky bits, but not too terrible now. I do like Buddhacide with almond milk, actually, and drink through a double-wide straw from a boba-tea place.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
Thats some pretty Spartan kava consumption, even the Vanautuvians aren't that balls-out. I'm glad your blood work came back healthy. I drank the fu'u in the same manner your talking about and I liked alot. I've been thinking about the nambawen but just wanted to be sure that lighning had in fact struck the same place twice. I think I may have to go ahead and order some up, if there is any left. Last time it lasted like 5.3 hours, but was pretty friggin bomb.

kl.NDG

Kava Enthusiast
Ed said:
Indeed. I've been doing that mostly with KT Botanicals' Super Epi lately, which is pretty much identical in consistency to Nambawan.

When I first started doing that I had some adventurous poos the next morning, but I think my body must have gotten used to it because I have no problems now.

It's much harder to get down when you have all those gooky bits, but not too terrible now. I do like Buddhacide with almond milk, actually, and drink through a double-wide straw from a boba-tea place.
First why can't I quote properly, second, how are you finding the super van? was it off my recommendation?(smiley: laugh)

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
First, I have no idea why you can't quote properly but from everything I'm hearing it probably has something to do with Mitt Romney and binders.

Second, I'm loving the Super Van Epi!... and it was on your recommendation that I got it. You said it was heavy-handed so I was like "yep, gonna try that" since I'm hard-headed. Right now it's easily one of my top favorites. I liked Stone a lot for it's strength, but it makes me feel twitchy, where this stuff is strong but completely without the negatives.

kl.NDG

Kava Enthusiast
Ed said:
First, I have no idea why you can't quote properly but from everything I'm hearing it probably has something to do with Mitt Romney and binders.

Second, I'm loving the Super Van Epi!... and it was on your recommendation that I got it. You said it was heavy-handed so I was like "yep, gonna try that" since I'm hard-headed. Right now it's easily one of my top favorites. I liked Stone a lot for it's strength, but it makes me feel twitchy, where this stuff is strong but completely without the negatives.
Agreed, It's strong, feels similar to black bag imo.

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the well wishing, but the tests arent in yet. Hopefully I wont hear back, which means no problems.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I just got some nambawen today and holy shit I can't imagine drinking this stuff unstrained. I've drank fu'u unstrained which was fine as it's pracitically micronized, but this stuff has alot of particles and stuff. I put a few tablespoons in water and mixed it up, but couldn't bring myself to chug it. Whenever I do that I get some little peice stuck on the back of my throat which I feel for hours and sometimes makes me barf. I poured it through a metal strainer and got about half of it out and chuged the rest. Worked pretty good, but I think I'll just knead this stuff.

Good for you for being rugged enough to drink it unstrained! You're a beast!

uuku pi

Kava Enthusiast
you are right about drinking the powder. I have been making my own bags out of old stockings. I must have chosen a more porous pair. Instead of a quarter inch of residue powder grainy stuff there was an inch. I needed my kava so I just shook it up and drank some. Then I gave some to my friend. Wow!! We have never had this effect before. After the first shell,I added some french vanilla coffee creamer. we gagged down the rest. Yay:) Am now trying a more strained batch to see if I had just reached some magical reverse tolerance level.

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Ok so the results are in. I got a message from my doctors office saying I needed to make an appointment with them. I thought "oh man, here we go". I got an appt today and they told me that I have bad cholesterol. I need to change my diet and exercise more. I asked about my liver - no problems whatsoever :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Nice! Well...about the liver part. Thanks for sharing with us!

I'll probably have this same conversation at some point soon as I don't think lifting the ipad or the remote is considered exercise.

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
I will say when I've done the unfiltered Super Epi or Nambawan it's always been blended first, so maybe that helps get it closer to micronized.
Glad to hear your liver is in fine working order!

krunkedout

Kava Lover
But.. Bu.. That means that the FDA was.. Was wrong! I thought they never lied for their own gain.. My life is shattered now! Jk lol glad to hear your liver is in good shape