What's new

Tudei is finally back in stock!

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I've been checking methodically and finally saw that it was back again tudei! This has probably been one of my favorite kava types and I have really missed it. I took advantage of KBRs double up on shipping policy and got 2 pounds which should last me for quite a while. I really this batch is as good as the last or I'm gonna be pretty disapointed, but I've bought van3 from a couple different batchs and they were always very close if not identical. I think I'm gonna have enough kava for a while now. I've got a little less than a pound of van3 left and a little less than a kilo of boroguro along with around 70 grams of instant green. So I'll have around 2 kilos when this gets here of predomiantly high DHM firepower.

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
Sweet! Thanks for the heads-up. First time I've ever seen it in stock so I have to take advantage of it just in case I never have the chance again!

kavalover

Outsider
Awesome! Would love to take advantage of this (I think it may be my favorite kava of them all) but alas I am on a 2 month break from kava starting today.

kl..

Kava Curious
Thanks for the heads up. I've never tried it, so I'll get my order in!

@kavalover, I hope you're OK and that the break is nothing medical.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I got my tudei in on friday but still havn't tried it out yet. It definately looks and smells like the old tudei right through the packaging. I'm probably gonna do some really nice combos with van3 and boroguru and instant green. I've been lazy this weekend so it's pretty much been instant green since yesterday and through today. I'll start making actual kava again tommorow or mabye tonight for tommorow.

kavalover

Outsider
Katiedid said:
Thanks for the heads up. I've never tried it, so I'll get my order in!

@kavalover, I hope you're OK and that the break is nothing medical.
Hey, thanks for the concern! No, no medical issues have prompted my break with kava. I just felt I was using it too often, it was becoming part of my routine on an uncomfortable level, as with everything else that I do. So I decided to go a while without, to get my bearings on how I handle my stressful routine without kava, and then get back into it with a more relaxed approach.

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
Received my Tudei the other day and will probably test the waters tonight. I'm happy I ordered when I did since I just checked the site and they're out of stock again.

kl.stevev

Kava Curious
Got mine yesterday! Tried it last night. 4.5 tablespoons to 2 cups water. It blew my mind, and made me a bit nauseous. And, I feel bit happier than normal, don't know if that's just the kava though.

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
stevev said:
Got mine yesterday! Tried it last night. 4.5 tablespoons to 2 cups water. It blew my mind, and made me a bit nauseous. And, I feel bit happier than normal, don't know if that's just the kava though.
Wow! With just 2 cups? I've got 8 tbsp soaking in 4 cups right now. I'll have to remember to take it slow. How long did you wait between cups or shells?

kl.stevev

Kava Curious
I drank my shells two hours apart. I think I got the dose perfect for me.

I decided to be cautious though; do any of you take it slow with this one?

kavalover

Outsider
wow! that's really slow! I take it slow with tudei because of its potency, but not that slow. I space my shells maybe 20 minutes, and if I mix this kava with others I go a bit longer. Although sometimes I just drink the whole bowl at once and melt into oblivion.

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
kavalover said:
wow! that's really slow! I take it slow with tudei because of its potency, but not that slow. I space my shells maybe 20 minutes, and if I mix this kava with others I go a bit longer. Although sometimes I just drink the whole bowl at once and melt into oblivion.
Hey, good to know. I've been taking it really slow since this is my first foray into a high DHM kava and I don't want to puke it all back up! I've been sipping my first cup and am feeling nice already. This stuff seems pretty strong so I don't want to overshoot my limit. My understanding of DHM is that it has a really slow onset but lasts a long time. How slow is slow? I don't know so I'm playing it safe. What's everyone's normal dose for the tudei?

kavalover

Outsider
I can't wait a whole hour before dosing, even with the tudei that lasts a lot longer. In order to keep effects "moving" I need to dose the tudei at least every 20 minutes, after maybe 4 shells I'm good for 4 - 6 hours of effects.

4 tbsp per cup of water for me, if I'm mixing with another kava I reduce that to 2 tbsp

kl.stevev

Kava Curious
kavalover said:
Hahaha, yeah... I should of said I forgot about it, and remembered two hours later. Normally I take shells 30 mins apart

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I made a gallon of it this morning with about a cup and kneaded it for about 40 minutes. I have been cheating and using the blender and soy lectin method as well as coconut but today I went old school with just kava and water and alot of kneading. I've drank 3 shells of around 6-8 each shell and feel very heavily krunked, I keep considering but I feel that may be the one that pushes it over board and leads to the spins followed by barfing. This stuff makes a dark brown kava with a pretty strong taste. Wow I think that last shell just caught up wuth me, another would be way overboard...

kavalover

Outsider
"The spins" on tudei is very normal for me, because I also push it a bit too far and drink too much. I've learned my limit with such potent strains. Go easy on this stuff, it kind of "creeps" up on you when you're not expecting it to. You'll think, hm, I should go drink another shell and see what it's all about. and then BAM you realize you should have waited just 5 more minutes. lol.

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
I had about 20 oz last night and was surprised at how mellow it felt to me. I was expecting it to be a bit stronger, but I was spacing it out a bunch so that I wouldn't get sick or "spinny". I feel like I could have kneaded it a bit more though. I called it quits at about 15-20 minutes and it didn't feel nearly as dry as the others usually do with the same amount.

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
Having more of the tudei this evening and it seems to be hitting me harder than yesterday. Do you think it's because I was primarily drinking high-kavain strains and I needed to build up my DHM reverse tolerance? Do kavalactones each have a reverse tolerance of their own or is it more just kava as a whole? I wonder.

kl.CarolinaBC

Kava Enthusiast
My theory is that it takes longer for your body to get rid of it so there is still some left from yesterday whereas the kavain burns out of your system pretty quickly.  It might also be "in your head"  in that now that you know the feeling of DHM your anticipating it

My Tudei has finally arrived and I intend to try it tonight. I have also tried Boroguru and Van3. I usually use between 4-6tbs of those two strains individually, or combine the two together. Should I lower the amount of root that I use for the Tudei? What should I expect from this particular kava?