• Tudei

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No preference

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So, what say you? How many of you prefer drinking noble over tudei, or tudei over noble? Or for that matter, how many of you kavasseurs just don't mind either way?

2nd part of the question is, if you prefer Noble to tudei, would you pay a premium to be assured your kava was in fact noble?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I would absolutely drink noble all the time, if I could. But with the recent news that nearly everything we've been buying over the years has probably been spiked with tudei...that doesn't really leave me with many affordable options. Especially since I drink most nights and require quite a bit of root to get effects that will be noticeable and last through the evening.
Even though I voted for Noble, I probably don't mind a <25% spike, for now, with the way things are. But would definitely prefer all-noble-all-the-time.

DylanJ

Kava Curious
So if we have been drinking spiked do you think it's safe to continue to do so? I have some boroguru from BKH that came up spiked in Gary's tests, guess I will just finish it off, what do you guys think?:dead:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
You'll be a-ok. Finish off your kava. I knew his might be a bit stronger for some reason, and now I know. I think the biggest problem these vendors will have is if they pursue noble only, their customers who don't understand the whole situation will see a sudden drop off of strength.

DylanJ

Kava Curious
I mean most of the stuff you guys have been drinking through out these years was spiked and we've seen no major health issues. Is it really dangerous?::fkb:::meh::dead::cry:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Yes, no, and maybe. The real verdict is still out, but every PHD that has something to do with kava has said it should be avoided. I've noticed now that I've switched to noble only that my skin issues are far from what they used to be. So as of now, the best advice is that noble kavas carry far fewer of the negative effects one can see from kava.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I'd like to think it's rare that spiking ever goes beyond 40-50 %. (outside of cases where it may be a full swap)
Like you said, dylan, a lot of us have been drinking this stuff unknowingly for years. And many have also got their blood work done and all returned fine.
The problem is not knowing how much you're ingesting each time. And that there are no studies yet showing at what level FKB and whatever mystery chemicals become something you need to really worry about.
But what we do know is, you don't have to worry much at all with Noble kava.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
@Kapmcrunk "if they pursue noble only, their customers who don't understand the whole situation will see a sudden drop off of strength."
Well the "Bird is the word" and if we can get the word out until it's widely acknowledged by the majority rather than what's currently a minority this may no longer be an issue. That's not the case quite yet, but we're building a reputation for kava that's growing exponentially. ;)
Next quote..."I've noticed now that I've switched to noble only that my skin issues are far from what they used to be." So have I ::indeedsir::, and in fact dermopathy has been non-existent, this's with med grind kava too so there're makas present. What that makes me think's that the cultivars I've been using may be lower in w/e organic compound's inside of all makas but Chris would know more about this.
@shakas " But what we do know is, you don't have to worry much at all with Noble kava." Exactly, and I personally have yet to *knowingly* consume tudei. (y)

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I don't do one or the other, I blend. I'll take a little of this and blend it with a little of that. So I guess you would call that self spiking.

I have yet to see any compelling evidence that either Noble or Tudei are anywhere close to being harmful to me, especially compared to all the other crap I have consumed. I hate to say this out loud, but I find this argument that everyone is pushing about the only way to consume kava is the way that islanders have consumed it for thousands of years is to me a very weak argument. To me it's like saying the Italians have had bunga bunga parties for centuries without condoms and therefore it must somehow be the safest and and only way to go. I feel as if the whole thing is just a glorified sales pitch.

I might be a broken record someday soon but I just really want to know what I'm really mixing with what.

If I end up exclusively using one product over another, it will be solely based on it's price, potency, effects, and side effects.

Last edited:

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I would prefer nobel, but I also agree with @HeadHodge , on this. I mean I think a little tudei, cant be any worse than Tylenol. Much love. Roaddog....

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, I would pay extra if the kava was guaranteed noble, along with guaranteed no mold.

Or, I should rephrase that. It is the bare freaking minimum that you are being SOLD the plant that you PAID FOR, and that it isn't ROTTEN. That is literally the bare minimum, the basics of a trade transaction. If a vendor sells ISA and says it's ISA and "not for every day use," that is totally fine. If a vendor says "I don't know what this is but it's from Fiji and it's good," that's better than saying "Noble Waka Kava."

If you order a banana and get a hamburger, the first time is okay -- we all like hamburgers. Then it happens over and over again, I am ordering the goddamn banana because I'm fat as hell and want to eat healthy, there is a time and place for hamburgers and it's not now, etc. After I receive the goddamn banana that I ordered I can finally decide the BASICS: whether it is good or not, worth ordering again or not, etc. I don't know anything about the banana yet because I all receive are rotten hamburgers and incorrect orders.

How can a so-called kava vendor not even do the acetone test before they order hundreds of pounds of a root? BKH melo or borogoru I can understand because we all tested it and it came out yellow, it's just that Deleted User's test was more exact. But regarding the other kava plants and vendors, there is no excuse. They don't know anything about their own profession or business. It's like managing a liquor store and you can't tell the difference between whiskey and gin. The only ones doing a good job are Chris and probably a few other vendors.

So yeah, it would definitely help if there was some form of quality control in the US for example. That way vendors could get certified as "noble" like they would non-GMO or organic. Right now it's an empty claim, even if it is 100% noble, you can't put "doesn't damage your liver as much" on the bag because then there are legal issues or FDA issues, so then nobody knows that this kava is outstanding except by word of mouth, or by nail polish tests in a dark empty cellar.

D

Deleted User01

I voted Noble. I can understand how some people might need the higher dose for medicinal reasons. I only do Noble and I have never had dermo. Plus, I spent the last 40 years tickling my liver and I just want to play it safe from here on in. In reality, I don't need a Kava that puts you in a stupor for 2 days. Noble Kava gives me more than enough effects.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Yeah, I would pay extra if the kava was guaranteed noble, along with guaranteed no mold.

Or, I should rephrase that. It is the bare freaking minimum that you are being SOLD the plant that you PAID FOR, and that it isn't ROTTEN. That is literally the bare minimum, the basics of a trade transaction. If a vendor sells ISA and says it's ISA and "not for every day use," that is totally fine. If a vendor says "I don't know what this is but it's from Fiji and it's good," that's better than saying "Noble Waka Kava."

If you order a banana and get a hamburger, the first time is okay -- we all like hamburgers. Then it happens over and over again, I am ordering the goddamn banana because I'm fat as hell and want to eat healthy, there is a time and place for hamburgers and it's not now, etc. After I receive the goddamn banana that I ordered I can finally decide the BASICS: whether it is good or not, worth ordering again or not, etc. I don't know anything about the banana yet because I all receive are rotten hamburgers and incorrect orders.

How can a so-called kava vendor not even do the acetone test before they order hundreds of pounds of a root? BKH melo or borogoru I can understand because we all tested it and it came out yellow, it's just that Deleted User's test was more exact. But regarding the other kava plants and vendors, there is no excuse. They don't know anything about their own profession or business. It's like managing a liquor store and you can't tell the difference between whiskey and gin. The only ones doing a good job are Chris and probably a few other vendors.

So yeah, it would definitely help if there was some form of quality control in the US for example. That way vendors could get certified as "noble" like they would non-GMO or organic. Right now it's an empty claim, even if it is 100% noble, you can't put "doesn't damage your liver as much" on the bag because then there are legal issues or FDA issues, so then nobody knows that this kava is outstanding except by word of mouth, or by nail polish tests in a dark empty cellar.
yes I agree. You would think these venders, would use the solvent test. Hell most of them probably do. They are hoping we don't do this test, on there products. Also they may get shipped a sample, and test it. Then order bulk, that isn't the same as what was sent for testing. We will call that the ol switcheroo. So its hard to say, who is doing what. I tend to believe its at the bottom of the chain, and starts with the grower. But its hard to say. Much love. Roaddog....

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity

That was an awesome "really" well thought out post. Thanks!!! (y)

Monkava'd

Couldn't of said it any better and I think this is the basis for what we're all attempting to convey, but you sir take the cake for just this one post. (y)

D

Deleted User01

The second part is yes I would pay a little bit more for noble Kava. But I totally understand that members go on a budget due to temporary financial obligations and they will go for the cheaper Kava as long as it is strong. It's like I prefer Rib Eye but I will be happy with hamburger if I'm on a budget.

@SteveT, I take it you would like truth in advertising when you buy Kava just like you get with the majority of items you buy at the grocery store. Honestly, your not asking for that much. That was a great post and you hit the bullseye. Maybe some of this discussion will register with the vendors. They do have the power to straighten out the farmers.

Monkava'd

The second part is yes I would pay a little bit more for noble Kava. But I totally understand that members go on a budget due to temporary financial obligations and they will go for the cheaper Kava as long as it is strong. It's like I prefer Rib Eye but I will be happy with hamburger if I'm on a budget.

@SteveT, I take it you would like truth in advertising when you buy Kava just like you get with the majority of items you buy at the grocery store. Honestly, your not asking for that much. That was a great post and you hit the bullseye. Maybe some of this discussion will register with the vendors. They do have the power to straighten out the farmers.
The Boroguru from Ghk registers in my wallet if I've really gotta penny pinch for w/e reason. ;)
And Boroguru happens to be an ol kava classic for me since that's when I truly realized the power of a potent grog.

So now that the point is clear (more or less) I'll make the simple comparison of food and the labeling process; steve brought up gmos and that happens to be an inherently good topic to cross reference.

Take this website for example.
The preposition is that states should require the labeling of genetically modified organisms.
Here's the first premise-
"Our Mission

United We Stand!

The Right to Know GMO - A Coalition of States is a broad coalition of state leaders, nonprofit organization and organic companies that have a shared goal of winning mandatory labeling of genetically engineered foods in the U.S. We are a grassroots movement of mothers, farmers and citizens dedicated to regaining our basic right to know what we're eating and feeding our families."

They have a mission-The right to know which foods we're consuming and 'putting into our bodies' by way of labeling those same foods.
They stand together as a coalition, a wide swath of many different people, organizations, companies.....including mothers, farmers, citezens, etc...
The very last line is powerful because it's put bluntly and without discrepancy.
"Dedicated to regaining our basic right to know what we're eating and feeding our families"

All I ask is this; are we any different?
Aren't we a coalition of citizens, confirmed farmers, likely mothers, committees, scientists and isn't it true we all agree on the one simple fact that "we have the right to know"?

All we ask for is a little damage control played by the hand of those that have the ability to provide for such "labeling". We have the discretion of choosing whether we put synthetic oil into our cars or not. We should also have the *choice* of whether we put tudei into our bodies; which in contrast are irreplaceable once something goes wrong. Our bodies are temperamental and even if tudei is found to be generally safe. What if a situation were to arise on the off hand that someone makes what is a supposed safe decision, and consumes a kava with the aforementioned reputation of being noble; though all because of adulteration has an acute reaction to the very same kava in which we've all made the recommendation for.

Yes I know this is a very specific case (or not to be taken as a serious argument) but that isn't the real point in question, I'm making a reference to a generalized "what if scenario" that could have serious impacts pertaining to our development because; who's to be held accountable then?

I don't believe we're any different than a gmo food for cause labeling coalition in that we also strive to substantiate the definition of 'safe/unsafe for consumption' except that our ducks aren't quite in a line as of yet.

Everything takes time but we're in need of the more pertinent audiences participation (vendors) or we'll continue speaking to a brick wall. A large part of our legitimacy rests on vendor contribution and I'm also concerned if that doesn't occur at some point; anything just to brainstorm even if it's initially backlash.

Lastly I apologize if I'm monotonous or regurgitating what we already know and "preaching to the quire" but maybe, just maybe presenting something in a new form or fashion will strike a chord with a different vendor; leading to a more fluid debate. I can only hope we're not stirring up a fire in the wrong direction but how else are we to affirm our position?

Last edited: