What's new

Powdered Kava Review Vanuatu

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've been meaning to review this kava for a while as I was a bit mean in my review of the RK/KK instant. This is the first kava that I tried and I have good memories of it after I had sorted out my prep, etc and started getting it at least a little bit right. I haven't had this kava in a while but thought I would revisit it this evening. I have a lot more to compare it to now so hopefully I can put up a half meaningful review.

I used the aluball with 2 tbsps. powder and 1.5 cups of water. I used water rather than my favourite milk to get a bit more of a feel for what it's like as is. The grind is fairly fine, not much in the way of bits in it. I still didn't find loads of sediment in the finished drink, about what I expected and I'm getting a bit more used to the sediment from the aluball now so it wasn't so much of a problem. It has a very pleasant smell and I suppose being the first kava that I ever smelt it's what I think kava should smell like. There are herbal notes in there, fresh grass moving to a hay like aroma, overall really pleasant.

The taste is quite peppery which is something I have come to associate particularly with Vanuatu kavas. It's not overpoweringly awful, in fact I find it quite pleasant but it's stronger than some kavas so I rated it a 3.

The effects build quite slowly but pleasantly into a warm glow with a good mixture of heady happiness and body relaxation. I would say this is a really good anxiolytic kava, it seems to take away all the stresses and strains of the day on mind and body equally without being overly sedating.

Overall I would say this is a really pleasant kava. If you can get past the slightly more pungent taste than some kavas then you're in for a nice euphoric yet relaxing ride.

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
Nice review Edward. I am considering ordering some of this as well as their whole root bundle. When looking at their website I can't find a word about their products being noble. Any idea? Did you perform an acetone test? Anyone else know?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Nice review Edward. I am considering ordering some of this as well as their whole root bundle. When looking at their website I can't find a word about their products being noble. Any idea? Did you perform an acetone test? Anyone else know?
I can only tell you from personal experience that I had absolutely no bad effects from it, in fact it gives a lovely kava glow for most of the next day. I haven't done any testing myself and I'm not aware of any being done. It's worth mentioning as well that the guy who runs the operation does appear to drink his own kava... maybe right or maybe wrong but it appears so. Has to tell you something.