What's new

Vendors who ship to the UK

dr phalloid

Kava Enthusiast
I'm from London but my wife is from Bridgend.

I've tried quite a few kavas but mostly from Kalm with kava and GKE. GKE have got Nene and Opikhao but no moi or mahakea.

I like Pentecost Pride, for me it is nicely balanced and gives a nice euphoria with a very mellow feeling. Kaolik and marang marang have both tested as possibly adulterated and I have to say I did feel very strange on marang marang and not in a good way.

The others I have tried are Cream of Vanuatu from Paradise kava and BKH Instant green. Both have given me quite bad nausea in the past but I've worked out I need to space them out more.

Real kava/kava kuai is another good vendor, pretty fast shipping and good products. I just ordered a lb of instant to try. I use instants when I am in the lorry and powder when I am at home.
hi Edward thanks for review of petecost pride,it sounds alright.as for the tannas had my first session yesterday and woke up this morning with a banning headache really bad,felt hungover as hell.have the b-ds put tudei in it cause that's what it feels like.its susposto be a noble kava and clean,if this is mixed with tuedi ill be having a word with gke.did you experience negative next day effects from the tannas.a little remedy to stop nausea from kava use add ginger,and it flavours the kava beautifully.i personally buy ginger essential oil+add 2 drops to a shell and don't get any problems with nausea.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
hi Edward thanks for review of petecost pride,it sounds alright.as for the tannas had my first session yesterday and woke up this morning with a banning headache really bad,felt hungover as hell.have the b-ds put tudei in it cause that's what it feels like.its susposto be a noble kava and clean,if this is mixed with tuedi ill be having a word with gke.did you experience negative next day effects from the tannas.a little remedy to stop nausea from kava use add ginger,and it flavours the kava beautifully.i personally buy ginger essential oil+add 2 drops to a shell and don't get any problems with nausea.
If you look at the acetonic test table marang marang and kaolik may be mixed with tudei. I had a very odd effect from marang marang which lasted into the next day and I haven't touched it since. The Pentecost Pride is definitely noble and I have no trouble with that at all, no nausea even at higher doses and fine the next day. I tried putting ginger in the blender and it's too raw, I think ginger needs to be softened a little in warm water say.

dr phalloid

Kava Enthusiast
yes I agree the hangover was terrible,unfortunately for me ive got 3 quarters of a kilo left,so I got some nasty next days to look forward too.wont buy this stuff ever again.as far as im aware gke are aware of the problem but still sell this crap.i hope this forum exposes them,as its against internationall kava law to put up adulterated kava for sale.i personally will be e mailing the b rds and givivg them a piece of my mind.anyway a expensive error to make.

dr phalloid

Kava Enthusiast
that's very kind of you Edward,can I post e-mail address to you then I can give you my address that way,if its alright with you.

ta-va

Earth Bound
Just wanted to update that I received Paradise Kava's Vanuatu Cream Instant (will put up a review soon but in short, very nice) and two of their extracts to try out. I'm looking at these products for ease of carry and ease of use e.g. away with work in a hotel for 4 nights and don't want to be having the aggro of trad prep. I do prefer trad prep for the whole ritual thing and it turns out a lot cheaper, but it's better for at home, I'd say.
Anyway, another good vendor (Paradise) in my book. Took a couple of days longer to get here than Kalm's (9 days or so) but no customs hassles or RM fees.
I don't seem to get any general nausea problems with any Kava I've tried yet. Did have my first really krunked heavy session a few nights ago though where I went totally overboard with the Opihikao and ended up throwing up. I blame that on my own stupidity, though and not knowing when enough is enough. That stuff, so far, has been my favourite kava because it packs such a powerful punch for amount used and get's me to a nice buzz (when I don't go stupid on it - I think I've learned my lesson on that!) much more economically than anything else I've tried. A couple of dessert spoons ( tablespoon and a third, I guess) of that stuff and I'm where I want to be. Yet with almost everything else I've tried (Pouni Ono, Fijian Loa Waka, Borogu, Mahakea, Malekula Magic) I'd need at least 3 times that much for the same effect. I did really like the Tongan and Fujian from Kalm, though, and they are different effects, so they will also be go-tos for me.
Bula from Bristol!

dr phalloid

Kava Enthusiast
Just wanted to update that I received Paradise Kava's Vanuatu Cream Instant (will put up a review soon but in short, very nice) and two of their extracts to try out. I'm looking at these products for ease of carry and ease of use e.g. away with work in a hotel for 4 nights and don't want to be having the aggro of trad prep. I do prefer trad prep for the whole ritual thing and it turns out a lot cheaper, but it's better for at home, I'd say.
Anyway, another good vendor (Paradise) in my book. Took a couple of days longer to get here than Kalm's (9 days or so) but no customs hassles or RM fees.
I don't seem to get any general nausea problems with any Kava I've tried yet. Did have my first really krunked heavy session a few nights ago though where I went totally overboard with the Opihikao and ended up throwing up. I blame that on my own stupidity, though and not knowing when enough is enough. That stuff, so far, has been my favourite kava because it packs such a powerful punch for amount used and get's me to a nice buzz (when I don't go stupid on it - I think I've learned my lesson on that!) much more economically than anything else I've tried. A couple of dessert spoons ( tablespoon and a third, I guess) of that stuff and I'm where I want to be. Yet with almost everything else I've tried (Pouni Ono, Fijian Loa Waka, Borogu, Mahakea, Malekula Magic) I'd need at least 3 times that much for the same effect. I did really like the Tongan and Fujian from Kalm, though, and they are different effects, so they will also be go-tos for me.
Bula from Bristol!
hi there yes I to use to get stupid on kava some times,looking for that extra buzz and have vomited on the odd occasion,even had to take bowl to bed one night.on one occasion went overboard on bulla kavas house koniak,and really payed the price sick as a pig,and that kava is extremely strong in fact its the strongest ive ever tried except for Solomon kava whicn is just a redicolusly strong kava. .looking forward to your review of the paradise kava products,never purchased from them.maheaka was my virgin kava,my first time 7 years ago from kona kava,i now people don't rate kona kava but I found it to be a great breaking in kava for beginners and lovely buzz.as for nausea I made a bottle up for a old friend with instructions how to use,it was there first time etc,and they took it on a full stomach+reported back to me they were buzzed but nauseated to hell.i explained it was to be taken on a empty stomach.luckily next time they visited they were willing to try once more+this time on empty stomach,and we proceeded to drink 3 shells each.they were blown away by the results that a natural plant could have such lovely effects.well bula from welsh valleys.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Bula from Bristol!
I gave myself some wicked nausea with the cream of Vanuatu but I've found out now that I need to use 1 tablespoon then wait an hour and have another tablespoon. Any quicker and it will likely give me nausea. Sorry to hear you were ick and bard on the Opihikao, I haven't tried it yet. Interesting that it seems to be that strong. I have not been ill on kava (yet touch wood) but I tend to mix only what I think I need for that evening so once it's gone it's gone, makes it a bit more difficult to overdo it.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
hi there yes I to use to get stupid on kava some times,looking for that extra buzz and have vomited on the odd occasion,even had to take bowl to bed one night.on one occasion went overboard on bulla kavas house koniak,and really payed the price sick as a pig,and that kava is extremely strong in fact its the strongest ive ever tried except for Solomon kava whicn is just a redicolusly strong kava. .looking forward to your review of the paradise kava products,never purchased from them.maheaka was my virgin kava,my first time 7 years ago from kona kava,i now people don't rate kona kava but I found it to be a great breaking in kava for beginners and lovely buzz.as for nausea I made a bottle up for a old friend with instructions how to use,it was there first time etc,and they took it on a full stomach+reported back to me they were buzzed but nauseated to hell.i explained it was to be taken on a empty stomach.luckily next time they visited they were willing to try once more+this time on empty stomach,and we proceeded to drink 3 shells each.they were blown away by the results that a natural plant could have such lovely effects.well bula from welsh valleys.
I think both of those are tested as tudei?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I just ordered about 450 quids worth of kava from GKE, a bundle of QKP, a kilo of Malekula Magic, a kilo of Pentecost Pride and a small bag of Opikhao and a bag of Nene to try out. Should keep me going for a while. Out of interest the QKP, MM and PP come from Vanuatu kava store and I looked into the prices to see if it would be cheaper ordering direct from them. It would be cheaper by about 20 quid to order a kilo direct from Vanuatu kava store but then you have the hassle of waiting for it to come and possible customs problems so overall not worth it in my opinion. Thought I'd share what I had found.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Just got word from a friend who moved to England that she had a Squanch Sighting there today. I explained how she could use a knee high to do traditional prep. She bought it for her husband who has ALS, she said ok I can either wash my knickers or let him have some extra flavor. I said oh boy look out, here comes the Knicker Liquor!