What's new

Very new

Chakram

Kava Curious
Hello! I’ve been reading about how to choose and prepare Kava for awhile, and I finally decided to order Nambawan Kava Powder - 1/2 LB from Bula Kava House. It should be here tomorrow.

I bought it off of someone’s recommendation for their favorite, but I see now in some posts that it might not have been the best first-time choice. So I’m maybe asking an atypical question of how to brew *less* strong to get used to it?

I’ve been struggling with anxiety related insomnia and I just really would like to quiet my mind. I’m not looking for Kava to put me to sleep - this is meant for daytime/evening anxiety so I can go to sleep naturally.

Based on what I’ve read, I’ll use a blender + tap water for about 4 minutes. Then strain the mixture with panty-hose. Then drink it. I am not 100% sure about ratios - I was hoping the package would give me an idea of what to do there.

so - I’m new and those are my goals. I’m hoping to waste as little as possible since it’s actually a lot of money to me, so I wanted to ask for advice before making my attempt tomorrow.
Thanks very much!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hello! I’ve been reading about how to choose and prepare Kava for awhile, and I finally decided to order Nambawan Kava Powder - 1/2 LB from Bula Kava House. It should be here tomorrow.

I bought it off of someone’s recommendation for their favorite, but I see now in some posts that it might not have been the best first-time choice. So I’m maybe asking an atypical question of how to brew *less* strong to get used to it?

I’ve been struggling with anxiety related insomnia and I just really would like to quiet my mind. I’m not looking for Kava to put me to sleep - this is meant for daytime/evening anxiety so I can go to sleep naturally.

Based on what I’ve read, I’ll use a blender + tap water for about 4 minutes. Then strain the mixture with panty-hose. Then drink it. I am not 100% sure about ratios - I was hoping the package would give me an idea of what to do there.

so - I’m new and those are my goals. I’m hoping to waste as little as possible since it’s actually a lot of money to me, so I wanted to ask for advice before making my attempt tomorrow.
Thanks very much!
Glad to have you with us! That prep sounds pretty good. Use about 25-35g of kava and around 800-900ml of water. Drink it in 100-200ml servings until you find what you like.