What's new

Vula kava not for me so.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
a half pound bag minus a scant 4tbs up for sale in the marketplace. First come, first served. $18 including priority mail shipping

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
@kilakila I'm curious as to why you don't like it. I think it's a splendid Kava.
What the heck is a matter with you. It's fantastic.
I'd love to know whats wrong with me!
Heres what I posted over on the Kalm with Kava product review thread -
Oh man, I was so looking forward to this kava but it is way too heavy and potent for me. Taken my usual 2tbsps to 8oz water a couple of times. The first batch on NYE, the second last night because I had a weird reaction on NYE and thought maybe it was just me being depressed at being by myself - even though I felt I wasn't - I was ready to be by myself after a very busy month. Anyway, it seemed to make me alternatively angry and then depressed and then angry again. Made me feel totally different than my usual self. Tried again yesterday afternoon and after one shell felt the same feelings hovering in the background. It could be that I had that one bad reaction and was looking for the same thing, which may or may not have happened eventually. I could have brought it on myself just by thinking about it. But regardless, I don't want that feeling again so I'll offer up the kava in the marketplace. Its just a 1/2lb bag minus 4 tbsps - $18 including priority mail shipping."

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Huh, that's odd. But some Kavas just act in a weird way. I remember I had a strong and somewhat unpleasant reaction to Hanakapi'Ai

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
I made a review about it being a pretty psychological Kava. I noticed as well it doesn't really do much for anxiety. It's quite intoxicating though.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I made a review about it being a pretty psychological Kava. I noticed as well it doesn't really do much for anxiety. It's quite intoxicating though.
I agree. If it did anything for anxiety, it completely reversed it to depression and anger. It did make a change to be angry about stuff rather than anxious. But I was angry for no discernible reason. That was perplexing.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@kilakila have you ever had any similar reactions to any other Fijian kavas? I don't tend to get on with a lot of Fijian kavas for some reason. Saying that there are some notable exceptions that treat me very well.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
@kilakila have you ever had any similar reactions to any other Fijian kavas? I don't tend to get on with a lot of Fijian kavas for some reason. Saying that there are some notable exceptions that treat me very well.
Nope. I actually love Savusavu and Kadavu. The only time I've had an undesirable reaction is when I overdid a few different kavas on the same day!

Kava_Joe

Kava Curious
If I drink a lot of Fijian it effects my lower tract next day. And only when I drink a lot of 100% Waka. If I mix it 50/50 with Lownena it seems to be OK. I really like the taste of the 50/50 mix a lot. It's actually become my favorite tasting Kava. Although, it's hard to compete with the taste of any GHK Kava. I want to sample the Vulu anyway so if it's still there at the end of the day I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.