What's new

Well i made it

• Thread starter Deactivated Account
  • Start date

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Well @nemo , thanks for all the awesome pictures you bring Venuata to the kava forms, but in real life. Your photos are an amazing window, of which we would all love to gaze through. I am very impressed with the blue sink hole, I think I would have to hang out there every visit. That amazing. Any way thank you for allowing us to see such a beautiful place while setting on our butts ::couch::. Much love. Roaddog....

D

Deactivated Account

Made it to Chiefs today. Wow all new & there are 6 bars inside the hut (really these guys cater for the cruise ships at 2pm- ie bus pulls up & dumps 20 people out for 30 mins) After that the locals move in for a drink.

Torba is a province of Banks Islands & was very nice & Penama is the 3 islands Ambae,Maewo & Penacost, it was nice kava also (i didnt try the other 4). It really needed sorting as the old nakamal was in danger of collapsing on people.

IMG_5978.jpg

You can see the ladies preparing kakae (island food) on the left of the photo.

IMG_5976.jpg

The view is pretty good. Thats where i stay (big grey block) in the background with Seaside Green Light nakamal right under it. They are bringing food up to the nakamal.

IMG_5969.jpg

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Awesome pics Nemo, I can understand how the tourism would become a little monotonous when there's so many Nakamals to try. :wideyed:
I'd be wide eyed as ever deciding where to go next and I have to admit that blue hole or w/e it's called would keep me very distracted if I happened to be there during summer....but then so would everyone else. :LOL::D

Last edited:
D

Deactivated Account

Awesome pics Nemo, I can understand how the tourism would become a little monotonous when there's so many Nakamals to try. :wideyed:
I'd be wide eyed as ever deciding where to go next and I have to admit that blue or w/e it's called would keep me very distracted if I happened to be there during summer....but then so would everyone else. :LOL::D
There would be literally hundreds of Nakamals. I was the only traveller in one last night out of maybe 150 local people in a village nakamal & honestly not a soul even looked at me, they know you are there just to have your kava & sit & listen to the dark. They are very community minded so you see the kids running out to welcome parents coming home from a days work & they were harvesting some type of nut from a tree in the nakamal.

They tolerate the idiots very well also. There were a few holidayers in another nakamal i was at that absolutely made me cringe with their bogan (redneck) behaviour but the locals just ignore them.

A few pics from the fire dance i watched last night. There is no harder camera work & for anyone that understands cameras, it was 135mm hand held at ISO 6400, F2, 1/100. As bad as it can get to photograph.

IMG_6774.jpg

IMG_6809.jpg

IMG_6876.jpg

IMG_6351.jpg

These guys feel the cold & its mid winter here atm. I was in a singlet & ill say it was about 18c (65f) last night. They were watching the fire show through the fence & looked freezing.

IMG_6858.jpg

IMG_6416.jpg

D

Deactivated Account

Well thats all she wrote.

Just chugged my 600ml takeaway i had in the fridge & frankly i dont think i need the plane to fly home. Man is it so much easier to drink cold from a plastic bottle.

I love winter here so i dont think i will be back until next winter as the humidity & heat makes the break just too damned uncomfortable. I dont mind heat but the humidity here is freakin' oppressive. Makes me think how all those marines got by in WWII, it must have been hell for those from cold climates.

So anyway if anyone in the forum is up for a visit in 12 months time then let me know & i will pop back over & make sure you have the most enjoyable fresh kava holiday ever.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Shakas & i at the Nakamal last week. Odd you think you sound fine until you listen to yourself after 4 good strong shells, you really couldnt care if your leg fell off.
Awesome Kavamentary (y)
But next time you go, I will be pissed if you don't take me too.
Furious.gif

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
haha. awesome video. that place looks great, i mean, was great. ;)
Now I just gotta get myself there in 3 dimensions.
Got any more vids for us ?

Roaddog

Kava Who?
For real, that was a cool video. Loved it. I would so have loved to be there. Thanks for sharing. Much love. Roaddog....

D

Deactivated Account

haha. awesome video. that place looks great, i mean, was great. ;)
Now I just gotta get myself there in 3 dimensions.
Got any more vids for us ?
Yeah got another one of Sofies Nakamal (my favourite nakamal) but its iphone sideways. Im so retarded with anything but my DSLR. I will see if i can sort it.

Really i sort of respect the place for what it is & dont like filming much. Its a sanctuary of types. Last thing i want to do is walk about filming people when its busy.