What's new

Well i made it

• Thread starter Deactivated Account
  • Start date
D

Deactivated Account

Ronnie Nakamal, one of the biggest nakamals but its size is all out behind so not much at the front. Its maybe 600 meters from Sofies & also Bamboo Nakamal is right next door to ronnies. Surprised Ronnies wasnt open when i got there…opening time is always island time (ie opens when it opens) Im off to early openers at sofies in an hour & then heading down to Chiefs Nakamal to take some photos. Might take my DSLR instead of my pocket camera…its pretty damned limited.

P80500111.jpg

This is why you always carry a torch here, always dark by the time youve had your kava. Im 6'3 & this thing is 2 inches of sheer rusty tetanus terror to someone my height.

P8050008.jpg

D

Deactivated Account

Bamboo Nakamal, had a shell. Really at 1pm you just get some stragglers coming in…bus drivers etc so boring photo. Left there & went for a few shells at Sofies. Spit wall on the right

IMG_5918.jpg

Moved on to Annies Nakamal (maybe 3 klms out of town) but i found all the expats i know there. They dont arrive until its nearly dark. Stroooong kava ! Will try & get a pic of it all jumping with maybe 30 people there but its pretty much pitch black. Spit wall on the right but no running water thus all the bottles of water lined up.

IMG_5920.jpg

D

Deactivated Account

Im officially green in the gills… with purple spots. Hit my real kava limiter tonight, the last 4 shells were very strong. You know that shell you stop at just before you go for a drive in the porcelain bus.

D

Deactivated Account

Friend here is building a container house. Going to be 2 stories. Its on an acre (about $30k usd for the land) Soil is pure compost & will grow anything.

IMG_5946.jpg

If you can see that big tree in the back ground slightly to the left…another chap here is about to build a house up in there. Search images 'tanna tree house' …i been in tree houses on Tanna & love them but would be concerned in a cyclone.

IMG_5939.jpg

IMG_5934.jpg

IMG_5931.jpg

IMG_4199.jpg

IMG_5947.jpg

A fish trap just behind the house

IMG_5955.jpg

D

Deactivated Account

...and he lived the rest of his days in peace and happiness.
That's awesome, I love those shipping container houses. Is that around Port Vila ?
Yep, a village area called Anglefish Cove maybe 4 miles out of port vila but out on the point. Mixed area of villages & resorts.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
I may just be an outsider imagining falsities thought of by ignorant city slickers....but how's the water?o_O
What i really mean to say is, are there any waterfalls on the island with beautiful pools of sparkling H20 waiting for a kavasseurs first dive (and your camera)? :woot:
Sorry it's been 102 to 105 here daily and that's the only comment I can conjure up right now when I think of where you're at.:LOL:
Eh what does it matter, that one beach side nakamal just crossed my mind and what else could I ask for with such a pristine lagoon. ::awesomesmiles::
Either way I'd not have a care in the world with all of that fresh kava and I'm glad to see your connections been sharp during your stay.(y)

D

Deactivated Account

Theres a swimming hole just out of town called Blue Hole.

port vila blue hole

To be honest i dont do any tourist stuff here anymore as its my 12th visit. Ive seen it all & done most of teh things to do here. As ridiculous as this sounds…i dont have pay tv at home & love documentries so i am very content to lay on my bed in my room watching documentry after documentary until the early nakamals open (which is in half an hours time) I do often have about 4-5 shells in a bottle in the fridge though which is very enjoyable.

Im here for the kava.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Awesome pics, love the ones of the outside produce markets. Do you have any pics of the fresh root? I don't believe I've ever even seen a picture of fresh, let alone drink it.

D

Deactivated Account

Awesome pics, love the ones of the outside produce markets. Do you have any pics of the fresh root? I don't believe I've ever even seen a picture of fresh, let alone drink it.
No pics ..there is no kava in the market for the first time ive ever seen it. Dont know what kava we are drinking now…will have to ask. But hell, no-one cares as long as its strong.

There are some kava root photos in this thread from one of my other trips here.

http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/some-photos-vanuatu.1750/

D

Deactivated Account

My lunch today…deep fried Kumala (sweet potato) I can feel my arteries hardening with each one but man you have no idea how good these taste.

IMG_5966.jpg

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
No pics ..there is no kava in the market for the first time ive ever seen it. Dont know what kava we are drinking now…will have to ask. But hell, no-one cares as long as its strong.

There are some kava root photos in this thread from one of my other trips here.

http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/some-photos-vanuatu.1750/
Wow, those root pics are too cool. I wish I could buy a big bundle of those at the local Asian market, :(. I really want to get my hands on some fresh root.

D

Deactivated Account

Wow, those root pics are too cool. I wish I could buy a big bundle of those at the local Asian market, :(. I really want to get my hands on some fresh root.
As i said to someone the other day …its still horrifying to drink but a whole lot better kind of horrifying.