What's new

Well i made it

• Thread starter Deactivated Account
  • Start date
D

Deactivated Account

lol. awesome....it felt so nice to finally be at a real nakamal. Best part, nemo paid for everything. Even when I asked for the fancy 25 yr. single malt kava. ;)
Yep…$7 to walk like crab all night.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
@shakas You're such a penny pincher aren't ya buddy?:smuggrin::p
Did you even thank him for force feeding you kava through your screen face? :LOL:
Seriously that's awesome @nemo! :D
With the beautiful ocean and the nakamal parked right in front of it I don't think i'd be capable of moving from that spot in the last picture either! :love:
Livin it up for sure. (y)

Last edited:

Monkava'd

The drinking (spitting) area at seaside nakamal. Every nakamal has a specific spot to drink & spit. If there is no running water then they have bottles of water at the counter to take out & swill with.

View attachment 1123
Wow, I learn something new with every update.
I'll try to remember this if I every make it to Vanuatu Nemo. :)
Edit- I always forget about the follow feature...I guess it's high time I make use of it. (y)

Roaddog

Kava Who?
The drinking (spitting) area at seaside nakamal. Every nakamal has a specific spot to drink & spit. If there is no running water then they have bottles of water at the counter to take out & swill with.

View attachment 1123
Yea, that is really cool. It would be neat if you could snap some shots of the local folks getting down. They may take offence to this, I don't know. I always like to see the locals anywhere I travel. Everyone will want to go out shopping. I want to check out the cheap places to eat, and the cheap pubs. That seems to be where the real folk are. Thanks for showing us your awesome trip. Much love. Roaddog....

D

Deactivated Account

For gods sake tell me if your sick of these photos…every day ive got 6-7 hours to kill in recovery mode waiting for the nakamals to open, i dont do anything but walk about.

I will go to Bamboo nakamal today & take some different pics. Maybe go to Chiefs nakamal tomorrow but i really dont like either of their kavas but i feel i must fall on my sword for the welfare of the forum.

Heres the small place i stay at. Its not the ritz but very friendly & for $100/night with ensuit, air-cond & 3 pay channels other than french or chinese news…its a bloody bargain ! Best part is that its right in the centre of most of the nakamals….all within crab walking distance home.

P8050001.jpg

P8050004.jpg

P8050003.jpg

P8050005.jpg

The best place to eat in Vila & cheap as well is at the back of the supermarket…the Rogout is freakin' amazing !

P8050031.jpg

Just put your arm out & its 150vt ($1.50) almost anywhere….maybe 5 miles will be $2. Every bus has its own sound from C&W to Reggae

P8050033.jpg

Downtown.

P8050012.jpg

Still no kava at the market…i asked a chap & got 4 different answers on the spot. One was that its in over supply as it was Independence week last week & the other was that its an under supply since the German ban lifted. The other 2 answers were in Bislama & i only got every 2nd word & one of those answers involved a dog. Ive got no idea.

P8050018.jpg

P8050016.jpg

P8050017.jpg

P8050013.jpg

P8050004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Please keep posting photos, we love them.

It's a brisk 93F, 85% humidity here in Texas. I wish I was there.

D

Deactivated Account

Please keep posting photos, we love them.

It's a brisk 93F, 85% humidity here in Texas. I wish I was there.
Yeah that humidity kills it 'eh ?

The thing here is that this place is a microscopic pin point in a massive ocean thus you dont get any land based weather patterns at all such as we get in the US or Australia…you only get what the South Pacific blows over the place.

Its a great day today…maybe mid 70's & no humidity. Winter is certainly the time to visit. Also you dont get a lot of rain….summer is pretty damned uncomfortable here.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
The ones at the market place are so cool. Those are also some of my favorite spots to go, Open markets. How much fresh root you going to take home with you? I think its really cool you thought of us during this experience. Enough to share with us. Yes keep posting your pictures. Much love. Roaddog.

Monkava'd

Yea, that is really cool. It would be neat if you could snap some shots of the local folks getting down. They may take offence to this, I don't know. I always like to see the locals anywhere I travel. Everyone will want to go out shopping. I want to check out the cheap places to eat, and the cheap pubs. That seems to be where the real folk are. Thanks for showing us your awesome trip. Much love. Roaddog....
Well I like to think it's akin to them coming over to our country and taking pictures of us locals hahaha :LOL:. We'd prob not take to kindly to that type of attention either but who knows; some people here in america go out of their way just trying to get a photo of themselves on the local news. :facepalm:
And whether that means streaking or holding bunny ears over the reporters head doesn't matter as long as it gets the views. :rolleyes::LOL:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Still no kava at the market…i asked a chap & got 4 different answers on the spot. One was that its in over supply as it was Independence week last week & the other was that its an under supply since the German ban lifted. The other 2 answers were in Bislama & i only got every 2nd word & one of those answers involved a dog. Ive got no idea.
None of them were that you drank it all ? :censored: ;)

D

Deactivated Account

The ones at the market place are so cool. Those are also some of my favorite spots to go, Open markets. How much fresh root you going to take home with you? I think its really cool you thought of us during this experience. Enough to share with us. Yes keep posting your pictures. Much love. Roaddog.
No fresh root allowed in to aust but of course 2kg powdered / person is (which im not particularly found of..odd really..considering i'd drink my own piss if i though i would get a buzz from it) You do get very spoilt drinking fresh & you sort of get a low tolerance for powdered kava. Im trying to track some decent stuff down but this place is about fresh.

D

Deactivated Account

None of them were that you drank it all ? :censored: ;)
Im coming on song at day 3 mate…im pulling up & firing on all cylinders earlier each day. Maybe in a day or so i will have a 600ml plastic for breaky….sort of ruins my day of laying in bed & watching documentaries as i cant keep awake.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Yea @nemo that is tough. Because I can guarantee If I was there I would dump the luggage, and fill with fresh root. I would have the wife to do the same. Wow I'm amazed that you find the fresh so much better. I guess that would make sense. Anyway enjoy your fun, because I'm having a blast just watching. Much love. Roaddog....

D

Deactivated Account

Yea @nemo Wow I'm amazed that you find the fresh so much better.
Remy Martin Cognac to bathtub sock wine. I can't explain it but everything about it is so much better…but really that only interests the kava drinker though, most of the world just don't get us.

EDIT : lets face it….it would be pretty damned hard to make kava any worse.

D

Deactivated Account

Remy Martin Cognac to bathtub sock wine. I can't explain it but everything about it is so much better…but really that only interests the kava drinker though, most of the world just don't get us.

EDIT : lets face it….it would be pretty damned hard to make kava any worse.You really only have to impove it by 10% to be free.