What's new

What is Isa?

D

Deleted User01

In all fairness, though I have been drinking kava nigh on 4 years, I am known to be a kava liteweight. With all the KAVs in my bloodstream, 2 doses is plenty and 3 is an extravaganza. I go to bed at 9pm every night so I wasn't drinking kava into the wee hours. And as always, I had to get up at 5am because of the demands of my job. Your friends may not have all those problems. I still continue to drink Freshly Harvested Noble kava but I lean more toward the daytime kavas. For me, daytime kavas are for people on the go and you can still work while slightly krunk. I take my shells between 3:30 to 5:30 and I am done. The guy I sent the Koniak to has no such problems and if I'm a liteweight, then he's a heavyweight. He had no complaints and probably enjoyed it. As I said earlier, each to his own.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Agreed. Your specifically labeled and specific effect kava is not the essence of the discussion on tuedi, png, and the way in which the market place and those kavas tend to intermingle.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
In all fairness, though I have been drinking kava nigh on 4 years, I am known to be a kava liteweight. With all the KAVs in my bloodstream, 2 doses is plenty and 3 is an extravaganza. I go to bed at 9pm every night so I wasn't drinking kava into the wee hours. And as always, I had to get up at 5am because of the demands of my job. Your friends may not have all those problems. I still continue to drink Freshly Harvested Noble kava but I lean more toward the daytime kavas. For me, daytime kavas are for people on the go and you can still work while slightly krunk. I take my shells between 3:30 to 5:30 and I am done. The guy I sent the Koniak to has no such problems and if I'm a liteweight, then he's a heavyweight. He had no complaints and probably enjoyed it. As I said earlier, each to his own.
That is interesting since in 2013 this what you said about it BKH's Koniak:
"And yes, the Koniak is very, very potent. It'll knock you silly. Very good bang for the buck."
and
"I had a session with Koniak that started early in the morning. It helped me get thru my morning gardening and a session of shelling chick peas in the afternoon. I probably had no more than 4 shells the whole day and the last one was at 4:30 in the afternoon. Anyway, today I am dingy. Solomons doesn't effect me this way but Koniak does. Just an FYI. Koniak may be two-day-ish (and I mean that in a good way)."

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
"And yes, the Koniak is very, very potent. It'll knock you silly. Very good bang for the buck."
and
"I had a session with Koniak that started early in the morning. It helped me get thru my morning gardening and a session of shelling chick peas in the afternoon. I probably had no more than 4 shells the whole day and the last one was at 4:30 in the afternoon. Anyway, today I am dingy. Solomons doesn't effect me this way but Koniak does. Just an FYI. Koniak may be two-day-ish (and I mean that in a good way)."
If you look deeply enough you can find me requesting isa CO2 concentrates from Adil at paradise kava. I even made a fake lable for it. I was isa all the way. We live and we learn.

D

Deleted User01

and
In 2013, I did indeed post that the Koniak was very potent and cheap. Without a doubt it was. I bought a half kilo for 29.50. Nowadays it would sell for at least twice that. And I’m sure any menial chore went by fast when I was stoned on Tudei. But I broke the golden rule and imbided it on a "weekday" and regretted it the next day. I also decided I didn’t like the piney taste. I had close to half a pound of it left when I gave it to my wife to mail to a fellow member who lives in California. By the way Zaphod, that post was in the old Yuku forum. Who helped you find that ancient post? Grandpa? :LOL: That was back in the old days when Kavasseur (Doug) was the owner of the Kava Forums.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
In 2013, I did indeed post that the Koniak was very potent and cheap. Without a doubt it was. I bought a half kilo for 29.50. Nowadays it would sell for at least twice that. And I’m sure any menial chore went by fast when I was stoned on Tudei. But I broke the golden rule and imbided it on a "weekday" and regretted it the next day. I also decided I didn’t like the piney taste. I had close to half a pound of it left when I gave it to my wife to mail to a fellow member who lives in California. By the way Zaphod, that post was in the old Yuku forum. Who helped you find that ancient post? Grandpa? :LOL: That was back in the old days when Kavasseur (Doug) was the owner of the Kava Forums.
No grandpa to help, but have been going back through old posts to understand in more depth how the Noble only movement started, progressed, and now by and large is the dominant opinion on KF. I wonder how much of it was driven by kava users, like yourself, deciding they didn't like it and becoming more educated on the differences versus some suppliers pushing the idea. It seems to me that tudei would be self regulating product. If lots of users got sick and had bad experiences it wouldn't continue to be a profitable venture to sell it, yet it seems to be the opposite.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
No grandpa to help, but have been going back through old posts to understand in more depth how the Noble only movement started, progressed, and now by and large is the dominant opinion on KF. I wonder how much of it was driven by kava users, like yourself, deciding they didn't like it and becoming more educated on the differences versus some suppliers pushing the idea. It seems to me that tudei would be self regulating product. If lots of users got sick and had bad experiences it wouldn't continue to be a profitable venture to sell it, yet it seems to be the opposite.
You might run across it in your research. Let me know if you confirm this, but if I'm not mistaken vendors themselves were suggesting we shouldn't be drinking it. I know it wasn't until I actually spoke with Jonathon Yee from HKC that I found out that vendors were finding it sorta odd that their tudei sales were what they were. This was my first inkling towards the traditional knowledge of noble kavas. It really exploded once Mr. Procyk came and posted his videos with Dr. Lebot regarding the acetonic test.

D

Deleted User01

@Zaphod, point taken. But don't miss the big picture. If Vanuatu wants to sell to Europe again, they need to put their best foot forward and that means no Tudei. The FDA has left us alone for now because we are showing them that we are also self-policing, no tudei. The FDA goes by the literature written by scientists like Lebot and Schmidt, not by what we post here. No tudei. I have no problems with people like yourself buying and drinking Tudei in the privacy of your home. I don't want to see Tudei drinkers leaving kava bars looking like they are drunk. Especially underage people. There is already a distraught mother in Florida that claims that the K@ he drank at a Florida Kava bar made him commit suicide. My heart goes out to her but now they are applying pressure on that kava bar and he can longer accept credit cards to boot. You know his name right? He got gunned down at the meeting in Vanuatu.
In my view, people who do Tudei and K@ are better off consuming that than the other things they would normally consume. But we need to keep it on the down low. And yes, I liked getting stoned on Tudei until I didn't.

Correction, the owner of the Florida Kava bar was not involved, that was another Kava bar guy. My apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Zaphod was just looking for a good deal on some mail order kitchen cabinets.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Thanks Guys, I take your points. All good quality discussion.
@John Sanday you mentioned that you drink PNG kava and that you do not get any tudei effects. My question is, do you know if you are drinking Isa or some other kava. From what I know there is Isa and Iwi that grows there in PNG. Do you know the one you like to drink? Have you ever heard of Iwi or tried it? Thanks and aloha.

Chris