What's new

What topics go here as opposed to the main forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeB

I like Mo'i
I thought that this forum was only to discuss the emerging Noble vs Tudei scandal, where manufacturers spike their stuff with Tudei without talking about it.

But now we're talking about stimulant exaggeration with Kava as well and etc.

In the main forum I've been posting some sciency stuff related to Kava's effects and interactions with other drugs. Should that really be going here?\

Bula everyone

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
In my humble opinion, much of the confusion results from the fact that the forum's slow progress towards a a "good kava advocacy"/advancement of kava research platform has been reversed back to a more laid-back, discussion board-type community. I think those special sub-forums were kind of first steps towards a more active and stronger stance on the quality issues, but since that direction has been reversed (and as some of the key drivers of that change are no longer active here) they might seem a bit obsolete..

MikeB

I like Mo'i
OK, so you think it's just kind of arbitrary at this point? Like I wanted to make a new post asking about St. John's Wort - whether Kava-drinkers like it, whether it interacts with Kava in any negative way, etc - but I don't have any idea where it should go. The main forum? Here? The off-topic forum?

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
OK, so you think it's just kind of arbitrary at this point? Like I wanted to make a new post asking about St. John's Wort - whether Kava-drinkers like it, whether it interacts with Kava in any negative way, etc - but I don't have any idea where it should go. The main forum? Here? The off-topic forum?
TBH, I don't really know. I was under the impression that this special forum was meant for our discussions on kava quality issues + related science. But now it seems to be good for any discussions on any topic that can be considered "special". I might be mistaken about its original purpose though...

verticity

I'm interested in things
I was also a bit confused about why the "stimulant" thread was put here.:confused: I understood that "Special Topic Discussion" was about acetone testing/noble-tudei issues. I don't know if the mods moved it here, or the poster posted it here for some reason. The former would be odd; the latter (which is more likely) would be an honest mistake and no big deal. Maybe something more descriptive than "special topic discussion" would be a better name for this subforum.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Also, the True Kava Forums seem to be the substitute for these kinds of topics. I read the True Kava Forums, but don't participate.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
I thought that this forum was only to discuss the emerging Noble vs Tudei scandal, where manufacturers spike their stuff with Tudei without talking about it.

But now we're talking about stimulant exaggeration with Kava as well and etc.

In the main forum I've been posting some sciency stuff related to Kava's effects and interactions with other drugs. Should that really be going here?\

Bula everyone
lol I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it. Just post it up

if a mod doesn't like where it is it will get moved

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This subforum is on the list for revision. It will either be called a different name or rolled into the kava lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.