What's new

When you just need to have a bad time.

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
Wow a cigarette after kava sounds a bit unpleasant. My buddy who spent time in Fiji (on kadavu island actually) said they liked to have one or two beers after the end of their kava sessions to "wash it down". I don't think there was any heavy drinking going on.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
People drink all sorts of stuff with or after kava. E.g. many Tongans like to use energy drinks as chasers. It's not uncommon to see people with 1L red bull (or similar). The fact that it's common among Tongan drinkers def doesn't make it healthy though.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
It's a fairly new practice to be fair. And by no means universally adopted. I'd say it's about as common as smoking cigs after kava. While quite a few people do either (or both), neither can really be seen as something healty.
Am with ypu on that Henry. However, I have heard of people enjoying cigiarettes after kava.

I myself am extremely allergi to passive tobacco, and tailored cigiarettes are 1000 times more allergenic to me. Even 200metres upwind, it really gets me.

Rolling tobacco, I can get much closer to and the odd wind-blown whiff barely hurts.
Although, I honestly could never be in an enclosed space with either or else suffer horrendous allergy symptoms.

But on what you say, I feel there is a slight distinction to be drawn in the type of unhealthiness of the practice.

Cigiarettes and just foul, toxic, manmade poison. But I doubt kava plus cigiarettes leads to any increase in the negative effects of smoking.

Unlike alcohol combined, which I've gathered to be potentially very harmful to liver health.

Myself, I do really enjoy just a little clean, organic "herb" vaporization even more so once I have a nice flowing effect from Kava.

So I can understand how somebody would be inclined to seek that pleasure enhancement of the tobacco smoke some enjoy, in combination withbkava's effects.

I wonder if we could even class kava as a mild adaptagen actually?

It's kind of potemtiation, but slightly different in context and definition- like more to do with changeing effects, vs mere potency enhancement.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
People drink all sorts of stuff with or after kava. E.g. many Tongans like to use energy drinks as chasers. It's not uncommon to see people with 1L red bull (or similar). The fact that it's common among Tongan drinkers def doesn't make it healthy though.
Yeah I comfess to really appreciating the joined effect of kava and clean psychedellics.

Very cross potentiating. The hallucinogen adds extra depth, euphoria, meankng and longevity to the kava expsrience, and the kava beautifully takes the edge off of the other and makes it a luxuriously, flowing and insightful dreamy experience. And I only need mini doese of the psychedellic during or after kava to have a full, meaningful and magical experience.

K@ with kava, I tried once. It was very heavy cross potentiation. Not my favorite combination but I know it is very liked by auite a few who tried.
It was maybe just the occassion and my dosages of course.

hightides42

our Roots run deep
Wow a cigarette after kava sounds a bit unpleasant. My buddy who spent time in Fiji (on kadavu island actually) said they liked to have one or two beers after the end of their kava sessions to "wash it down". I don't think there was any heavy drinking going on.
sounds like you do not understand addiction, or are in denial? ::hugsmiley::
never underestimate the power of addiction to completely override what may be considered common sense and normal sensibilities...

for me tobacco tastes great after a strong shell, the calming effects of both together are very complimentary. yah, my 40yr relationship /addiction to tobacco has changed significantly this past year of kava consumption moving from 2-3 packs a day leading up to and few years beyond combat in 07-08 to becoming a pipe smoker and really paying attention to what I'm doing, how often and why. but i still smoke 5-6 cigarettes a day (american spirit, brown/filterless-can't stand filters, gross like carpet lol) because they are the perfect nicotine delivery system, and i use tobacco ceremonially which has also led to a much deeper understanding of this ancient and powerful drug.

and thanks @kastom_lif already decided it is perfectly named and defined, even though likely a play on kahlua (liquor) maybe kalua pig
and still just a really bad idea, imo!

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
sounds like you do not understand addiction, or are in denial? ::hugsmiley::
never underestimate the power of addiction to completely override what may be considered common sense and normal sensibilities...

for me tobacco tastes great after a strong shell, the calming effects of both together are very complimentary. yah, my 40yr relationship /addiction to tobacco has changed significantly this past year of kava consumption moving from 2-3 packs a day leading up to and few years beyond combat in 07-08 to becoming a pipe smoker and really paying attention to what I'm doing, how often and why. but i still smoke 5-6 cigarettes a day (american spirit, brown/filterless-can't stand filters, gross like carpet lol) because they are the perfect nicotine delivery system, and i use tobacco ceremonially which has also led to a much deeper understanding of this ancient and powerful drug.

and thanks @kastom_lif already decided it is perfectly named and defined, even though likely a play on kahlua (liquor) maybe kalua pig
and still just a really bad idea, imo!
No, I definitely understand addiction. I just don't think tobacco after kava would be pleasant for me. I'm sure it's great if you like/are addicted to tobacco. I just don't personally enjoy tobacco. I will say under the influence of alcohol it starts to sound appealing though which just is not the case with kava for me. Not judging, really, I have struggled plenty with drugs in my life and have been addicted to tobacco for a few years myself.