• Balanced

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters

Elmanaro

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Kava Vendor
Which kava do you prefer?
For work, stress, anxiety etc....

I liked heady kava but I think they started making me anxious lately...
I love the heady ones, my favourites are Melo Melo and Kelai. Best kava ever and you feel great the next day. I am from VU though so we don't drink the other ones.

KavaKween

Kava Curious
I love the heady ones, my favourites are Melo Melo and Kelai. Best kava ever and you feel great the next day. I am from VU though so we don't drink the other ones.
Can I ask your recommended ratio of kava/water using the traditional prep or blender method?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
@Alark I edited your poll to include 2 choices instead of one. I think you'll get more accurate results. For instance I drink balanced and or heavy kavas, I think many people enjoy a spectrum, either leaning one way or another.

Alark

Kava Curious
Similar to heavy kava! :)
All my kavas are heady and balance after the initial good effect ( 20- 30mins ) I feel that it worsens my mood...
So I tried kwk miconized melomelo and boronguru (10g) again after a long time I found melomelo to be weak... I liked boronguru tho it was more dehydrating than kavas I previously used.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
The wise Edward I expect might agree with this- the heavier Kavas like the heavy Fijians, much less heady, seem to have a more prolonged, mood stabilising effect without that sharper contrast between the initial peak euphoria followed by an often sudden drop off with some, but not all, more heady kavas where for me more repeated or stretched out dosing, topping up is a way around it.

Gosh, just one sentence that, lol.

Alark

Kava Curious
3 choices still appears for me

@Alark I edited your poll to include 2 choices instead of one. I think you'll get more accurate results. For instance I drink balanced and or heavy kavas, I think many people enjoy a spectrum, either leaning one way or another.

Alark

Kava Curious
Heavy every time for me as it's the closest feeling to replace alcohol. I like the muscle melting and sedative qualities of a nice heavy kava. Fijian heavies particularly are my favourites with that almost cocoa like smell and taste. Hawaiian and Tongan heavies are awesome too, particularly Hiwa. Unfortunately outright heavy Tongans are quite hard to find. I do also find that outright heady kavas will make me jittery and give me almost a comedown effect. Not good. Balanced kavas are fine too though if I feel a bit lethargic from multiple days of heavy kava.
I am looking for TRUE instant heavy kava, any recommedations?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
GHK Hiwa instant, Nakamal at Home Fire Island, Malekula Silese instant from El Manaro. I've just got a sample of the Old roots instant from Fiji Vanua which is supposed to be nice and heavy but I haven't tried it yet.

The Hiwa is beautiful, smooth and tastes great, lovely sedation. The Fire Island isn't quite as sedative but it has a nice body feel with a touch of headiness first, a good heavy instant. The Silese from El Manaro is a monster kava. It is strong in taste and effects and possibly the most sedative kava I have ever had. I'll let you know about the Old Roots but if their kava is even anywhere near as good as their customer service then I know it's going to be amazing.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Kapmcrunk @Krunʞy . Is it wise to offer multiple choices on polls like this because at the moment we have a representative sample of 112% of the people who voted?!

Alark

Kava Curious
GHK Hiwa instant, Nakamal at Home Fire Island, Malekula Silese instant from El Manaro. I've just got a sample of the Old roots instant from Fiji Vanua which is supposed to be nice and heavy but I haven't tried it yet.

The Hiwa is beautiful, smooth and tastes great, lovely sedation. The Fire Island isn't quite as sedative but it has a nice body feel with a touch of headiness first, a good heavy instant. The Silese from El Manaro is a monster kava. It is strong in taste and effects and possibly the most sedative kava I have ever had. I'll let you know about the Old Roots but if their kava is even anywhere near as good as their customer service then I know it's going to be amazing.
Actually I have ordered 500g of El Manaro Silese and Palarasul yesterday. Good to know that Silese is a heavy kava. Unfortunately I cannot get my hands on GHK hiwa; I live outside of the US. The Old Roots instant kava looks interesting (346xxx high yangonin?). Can't wait for your review on it!

Thanks.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@Kapmcrunk @Krunʞy . Is it wise to offer multiple choices on polls like this because at the moment we have a representative sample of 112% of the people who voted?!
There's a little box when creating a poll that says "allow multiple votes" and you can uncheck it. I think it's a option that's overlooked mostly.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Actually I have ordered 500g of El Manaro Silese and Palarasul yesterday. Good to know that Silese is a heavy kava. Unfortunately I cannot get my hands on GHK hiwa; I live outside of the US. The Old Roots instant kava looks interesting (346xxx high yangonin?). Can't wait for your review on it!

Thanks.
Doesn't sound that heavy to me but just going by what I've heard.

Valyn

Kava Curious
Does the Melo Melo cause euphoria and later on create sedation, or is it mainly a heady kava?

Valyn

Kava Curious
Does anyone know of a true balanced Kava that has great euphoric and heady effects? The reason I stay away from some pure Heady kava is they make me nervous in high doses and I enjoy having a large bowl.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Does anyone know of a true balanced Kava that has great euphoric and heady effects? The reason I stay away from some pure Heady kava is they make me nervous in high doses and I enjoy having a large bowl.
Most balanced/heavy kavas have an initial kavain rush, some are better than others. but it is a largely individual experience, in other words, you need to try several different types to see what agrees with you. Off the top of my head and for me, kavas that may fit that bill are Squanch Waka, BKH Nanbawan maybe n@h white sands.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast

Hello Edward. Hectic little phase living, house/bedroom redoing, stress, so I've not been focussed to share further feedback on the two Instants plus another kava I swear is right up your tree if you haven't tried it yet. I'll get to you on that.

But I saw these posts. I feel thekavadepot instant is right up there too, both but the ceremonial seems available mostly, is also cheaper, and more on the heavy side.

Stronger than Fire Island for me, but I do like Fire Island Instant.

Kavadepot instant I rate though. I feel personally it stands up alongside the Malekula.

I missed out on the GHK instants, which I have considered from all reports to be the world's Gold standard for Instants.

Hope to be in touch soon, not necessarily for more "oxygen" lol, although maybe too, but a few words of feedback and the new vendor and culitvar I just know would be your cup of tea.

Hope you are doing okay.