Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Heavy

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Balanced

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Most balanced/heavy kavas have an initial kavain rush, some are better than others. but it is a largely individual experience, in other words, you need to try several different types to see what agrees with you. Off the top of my head and for me, kavas that may fit that bill are Squanch Waka, BKH Nanbawan maybe n@h white sands.
Bir Kar has a really refreshing, quite prolonged too bright energetic moodlift kavain type effect too, and for me personally, for a Vanuatuan, is very palatable.

It's nicely balanced, less on the heavy side but pretty anxiety inducement free IME.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hello Edward. Hectic little phase living, house/bedroom redoing, stress, so I've not been focussed to share further feedback on the two Instants plus another kava I swear is right up your tree if you haven't tried it yet. I'll get to you on that.

But I saw these posts. I feel thekavadepot instant is right up there too, both but the ceremonial seems available mostly, is also cheaper, and more on the heavy side.

Stronger than Fire Island for me, but I do like Fire Island Instant.

Kavadepot instant I rate though. I feel personally it stands up alongside the Malekula.

I missed out on the GHK instants, which I have considered from all reports to be the world's Gold standard for Instants.

Hope to be in touch soon, not necessarily for more "oxygen" lol, although maybe too, but a few words of feedback and the new vendor and culitvar I just know would be your cup of tea.

Hope you are doing okay.
Hello, yes, I am doing ok thanks, always good to hear from you.

Thuja

Kava Curious
Ones that work!
But seriously, I haven't had any in several months and just moved and while unpacking came across a couple tbsp of Nambawan and twice that of Nangol Nobal. I a little of each and downed it two days ago to prime the pump and today, 1/2 hour ago, drank it all down and am feeling very sociable.
This is where I come to see what's new when I rediscover kava.

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
I only drink kava at night, so anything goes.

Right now my rotation is

BKH - FEO
FVK - Malo Tonga
RoH/N@H - Solomon
N@H - Stone
PLS - Bir Kar

I switch these up randomly depending on mood. Most are balanced/heady.

Alark

Kava Curious
GHK Hiwa instant, Nakamal at Home Fire Island, Malekula Silese instant from El Manaro. I've just got a sample of the Old roots instant from Fiji Vanua which is supposed to be nice and heavy but I haven't tried it yet.

The Hiwa is beautiful, smooth and tastes great, lovely sedation. The Fire Island isn't quite as sedative but it has a nice body feel with a touch of headiness first, a good heavy instant. The Silese from El Manaro is a monster kava. It is strong in taste and effects and possibly the most sedative kava I have ever had. I'll let you know about the Old Roots but if their kava is even anywhere near as good as their customer service then I know it's going to be amazing.
So I tried El manaro Silese kava it's realy sedative like you said but the initial headiness and jaw clenching made it unpleasant..

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
So I tried El manaro Silese kava it's realy sedative like you said but the initial headiness and jaw clenching made it unpleasant..
I'm not sure I noticed any of that. I think all heavy kavas are going to have a degree of headiness at first just because they all still have a good amount of Kavain in them no matter how heavy they are.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Kwk melomelo supposed to be moderately heavy but definitely felt heady to me
With reference to our exchange yesterday and having reread the thread a bit I can see that you must react differently to kava than most people. Have you been drinking kava long because it could be that you haven't got the hang of heavy kava yet. I seem to remember that it took me a while to really "get" heavy kava with the full on muscle relaxing feeling. If that is the case then it could be that you are just tuning in to the kavain effects without getting the most from the DHK/DHM?

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
With reference to our exchange yesterday and having reread the thread a bit I can see that you must react differently to kava than most people. Have you been drinking kava long because it could be that you haven't got the hang of heavy kava yet. I seem to remember that it took me a while to really "get" heavy kava with the full on muscle relaxing feeling. If that is the case then it could be that you are just tuning in to the kavain effects without getting the most from the DHK/DHM?
I just tried KWK Melomelo last night (it's been in my cabinet for a few months and I was like 'Oh! I need to try this!' It was a little heady for me as well and was very nice but I had zero heavy effects. The Puoni Ono can be more sedating which is the exact opposite. I tend to have these experiences though. I never know how I'll react to anything.