What's new

Which kava next?:-)

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
Hi guys, I 've been using the BKH Bula 11 year waka for over a year now and to great effect with one tablespoon. I have also used Global kava exports quick kava which i also have found to be good but i get through it to quickly! Are these considered expensive ways to enjoy kava? I've only washed up kava once with some that dare i say i got off eBay..... Which BTW had no effect:-(
I'm open to suggestions!
Thanks M :)

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Instant powder is the most ridiculously expensive, micronized can be fairly cost effective, considering it's typically stronger per tablespoon than medium grind. Medium grind is usually the most cost effective.

Being that you said 1 Tbsp gives you good effects, I'd say any proper kava will be strong and cost effective to you.
Try Nakamal at Home's WOW!, to try a heavy one. Try Kalm's Loa waka or GHK's Mahakea for a fairly balanced vibe.
Try GHK's Mo'i or Squnach's waka for heady effects with minimal sedation.

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply's! I forgot to add, i have KWK Borongoro micronized en route and i'm looking forward to trying that!

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
I took the plunge and bought some KWK Fiji Loa Waka!
I use 1 Tablespoon of BKH 11yr waka and i'm in the "Zone" Will this do the same at 1Tablespoon? I'm not sure what will be more cost effective?

Forgot to add that the Fiji Loa is Medium Grind!

EQ

Atman
@moff000
You will need to use a lot more than 1 Tbl spoon with Med Grind.
Micro grinds are really dense and work by mixing in water. Med grind has more volume and you need to spend time preparing it.
Med Grind should be more cost effective.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@moff000 I believe you've seen my thread "Vendors who ship to the UK" ? Nakamal at home and GHK will not ship but all others that I have approached will do.