What's new

Kava Success Stories

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Not sure if it's one were supposed to be discussing here, but if Marijuana is fine than this should be, K@. K@ worked better for my depression and anxiety than anything else and made ending a rapidly progressing drinking problem disappear automatically, along with ending a daily MJ habit

Edit: they bleeped me!:(

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
It's more like incidental discussion is fine. We don't have a problem with people using other substances, but you'll notice that we are trying to create a different kind of atmosphere here, for instance no kava vendors talk about burning it as incense and drinking it for its psychoactive effects is actively discussed. There are plenty of other forums for discussion of those other things. I don't even think we've disciplined people for this (aside from one fellow who was really into psychedelics), we just discourage it. And on another note, I would rather this thread not become a back-and-forth discussion thread, just an uninterrupted stream of success stories, so if anyone has any questions, please PM the poster directly or start a new thread.

Last edited:

MikeB

I like Mo'i
Here's an email I just wrote to Chris from GHK re: management of my anxiety

Hi Chris,

I just wanted to say that your Mo'i Kava has changed my life.

I have so far tried three of your strains: Mo'i, Opihikao, and Nene. So far the Mo'i is by far the best.

I suffer from anxiety and Mo'i has helped tremendously with it. Frankly, I didn't think that a healthy, non-addictive, non-drowsy anxiolytic existed. I thought I'd either have to suffer forever or go on benzos, which have terrible side effects. But I was wrong.

I believe Mo'i has the potential to change the world. I think the Western world needs something like a mild, harmless, non-drowsy anxiolytic to keep moving - the ant-caffeine, if you will. We're all moving at such a crazy pace these days.

I just wanted to say thanks for changing my life.
Think that speaks for itself...

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor

Hi Chris,

I have so far tried three of your strains: Mo'i, Opihikao, and Nene. So far the Mo'i is by far the best.

I suffer from anxiety and Mo'i has helped tremendously with it. Frankly, I didn't think that a healthy, non-addictive, non-drowsy anxiolytic existed. I thought I'd either have to suffer forever or go on benzos, which have terrible side effects. But I was wrong.

I believe Mo'i has the potential to change the world. I think the Western world needs something like a mild, harmless, non-drowsy anxiolytic to keep moving - the ant-caffeine, if you will. We're all moving at such a crazy pace these days.

That is great, I really like to hear things like this, you are very welcome, it was always my intentions of bringing to the kava world, Noble Kava the it was a long time ago before some other kava that has less than desirable effects for some.
I agree with you, a good kava like the Moi can really change the world for a lot of people. Look what it did for you. (y)
Aloha nui loa.

Chris

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast

Hi Chris,

Fantastic, man. Shit... looks like I really need to try Mo'i... haha.

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
I do think anxiety and self medication thru alcohol go hand in hand. Both of my parents came from families with a long history of alcoholism. From a young age, I was very much made aware of the issues around it's abuse and the hypocrisy in our western attitudes around alcohol. I've wondered many times members of my family were just trying to kill those crazy internal demons... If Kava can be a rational and controllable means to function, it so makes sense. Since I've started consuming, my alcohol consumption has gone way down. It sounds like you guys have found something good.

burnstrees

in love with the kava
I've tried kava in the past, but I think due to "reverse tolerance" I didn't have much success with it. I'm quitting drinking for good and decided to give it another try. After reading all of these success stories I'm very excited and hoping to one day have a success story of my own.

rcvjohn

Kava Curious
These are very encouraging. Thanks, everyone for posting.

I'm newer to Kava. But am getting the hang of it. Also finding that I'd been buying root that was just too strong for me. I also was unaware of the effects of Tudei, of which I now have a good pound... :-(

So I just ordered some from Kalm With Kava, looking forward to that... so far the effects are genuinely transforming. It's wonderful. I find myself wanting coffee less and less, focusing on my work more easily, it's great.

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
Good thought @Kavasseur, here in the US we are all afflicted with a terrible case of the News. Kava allows me to focus on what I can control instead of what I can't.
That is why I dont watch the news... or anything on Tv for that matter. Hate is too kind a word to descrbe how I feel about most commercials. I finally just quit watching all together, and guess what..... I dont miss it in the least bit.

Kava_Bob_40

Kava Curious
Thanks for sharing your experiences and successes. Reading these successes really shows that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it doesn't have to be that of an oncoming train but instead it is the light showing the way out toward a better way of life.

I'm going on two weeks I am still having the anxiety under control, lesser worries and bodily sensations, and after about the 9th day I noticed a change about myself that is kind of hard to describe. I noticed that the depression part of my conditions lessened some, handled better. My best guess is the change could be that I was feeling so miserable for the longest time that I forgot about what it was like to be freer, calm and have a more leveled head. Change isn't always a bad thing and in this case it was a positive thing.

One other success I can share is something that happened to me on the first of this month. When I am about to leave the laundry room, where I live, I always have a custom to check and recheck to make sure nothing was left in the dryer. yet even when there is nothing there my OCD mind doesn't believe that the dryer is empty even though my eyes can see that it has been emptied. I would continue on with checking, rechecking while patting and feeling around inside of the dryer until my brain would be happy enough to let go. However, on the first of this month after I removed the clothes from the dryer I did give one look inside then I slowly raise myself up and felt kind of a feeling of "meh", very subtle, and then I proceeded to the laundry basket, picked it up and then walked right out from the laundry room!

I still have a way to go with some things but I feel much better and confident with things. I am slowly getting back to the things I used to do. Last night I stepped back into where I work and help out, local TV station. Those who were there were glad to see me and we talked about stuff. I will be returning back there this Thursday to help out with some projects.

skatetheclouds

Kava Curious
I have little to no desire to drink alcohol anymore. Its never been a problem as far as dependency for me. However it has bugged me in the past about family members lives being ruined over alcohol abuse so its very problematic with my fam. I enjoy the taste of different beers , its a connoisseur thing! Still i have over indulged in the past to where it can get out of hand. Its nice that i dont even crave or desire it anymore. After a few months of kava consumption a few days a week i no longer crave a few beers after work or a long week! I realized the euphoria that has mental clarity is really what my mind and soul desires! The cloud that stems from alcohol and other drugs gets greater over time if you let it, ppl tend to lose control of their own behaviors.

To me this is astonishing, i like to self reflect and focus on clearing the negative energies and things that weigh down my spirit, kava really speaks to me! It has helped me analayze a lot about my character and things i amdoing to straighten it all out! Go kava

Last edited:

skatetheclouds

Kava Curious
Admittedly i was worried about dependency issues to kava but it seems its like anything you do in your life, if it becomes routine, when its not around you feel an emptiness! The postives outweigh the negatives!

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

@skatetheclouds. I can totally relate to what you said about alcohol. I love craft beers, single malt scotches, and good red wine. The only thing with all that is that alcohol makes me drunk. And being drunk as bad side effects like bringing up your anger, getting ugly with your wife, bad hangover the next day, fitful sleep, and so on. Now that I'm on kava, my alcohol consumption has gone down and so have the side effects. I still hoist a few on my non-kava days but I watch my consumption very carefully so I don't go over my limit.