What's new

A decrease in Libido

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User01

@nhoeg, if you are a young healthy physically active male, there should be no bad effects on libido. In fact, I think certain kavas can increase the Libido. Even if you thought "it" was a llittle sedated and deflated, a good woman will fix all that in a New York minute. Trust me on this. If you are worried that you don't have the libido to go on the prowl and try to pick up women you barely know, then consider yourself lucky that Kava is doing you a favor.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
@nhoeg, if you are a young healthy physically active male, there should be no bad effects on libido. In fact, I think certain kavas can increase the Libido. Even if you thought "it" was a llittle sedated and deflated, a good woman will fix all that in a New York minute. Trust me on this. If you are worried that you don't have the libido to go on the prowl and try to pick up women you barely know, then consider yourself lucky that Kava is doing you a favor.
Haha @Deleted User01 you are damn right. I need to stop worrying about that shit. I have personally not had any issues with libido, other than constant worry about that kava possibly could lower libido. I need to stop all that worry, it's just bad habit I guess ;)

KavaCat

Meow.
Back to the libido thing. I remember seeing a study staying it doesn't affect male libido, but increases female libido.
Interesting study! I can definitely confirm that my subjective experience is an increase in libido. I've never had the desire to really talk about this aspect of the kava experience. But yeeeah, give me kava, and someone affectionate and kind, and I am absolutely ready to get down. Not frothing at the mouth or anything, but even the kavas that don't make me outright excited, make me more receptive. Even more so than alcohol, or any other herb I've had. It does, however, make it take much longer to finish. I think it's because the relaxation from the kava makes it hard to reach the kind of pitched, frenzied excitement that normally brings orgasms more quickly. So I have to wait for sufficient physical stimulation.

...I'm starting to think it's my job around here to pop up evey week or two, and put my toe right on the line of what's acceptable to post on the forum. LOL. Sorry. I tried to make that as clinical as possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Way to go @KavaCat, you have just increased Kava sales by 50%. :woot: I think all the Kava vendors owe you big time. :LOL: But seriously folks, what can decrease Libido is the everyday stress of the work day and all the nagging thoughts floating around your head that make you anxious. Kava attacks all of that and therefore should be good for a Libido that is beaten up by stress and anxiety. By the same token, if your Libido is over the top, I think Kava would help settle that down too. Kinda like a stabllizer. Gotta go now, I'm slipping some Nene instant into my wife's smoothie. (See what you started?) :whistle:

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Interesting study! I can definitely confirm that my subjective experience is an increase in libido. I've never had the desire to really talk about this aspect of the kava experience. But yeeeah, give me kava, and someone affectionate and kind, and I am absolutely ready to get down. Not frothing at the mouth or anything, but even the kavas that don't make me outright excited, make me more receptive. Even more so than alcohol, or any other herb I've had. It does, however, make it take much longer to finish. I think it's because the relaxation from the kava makes it hard to reach the kind of pitched, frenzied excitement that normally brings orgasms more quickly. So I have to wait for sufficient physical stimulation.

...I'm starting to think it's my job around here to pop up evey week or two, and put my toe right on the line of what's acceptable to post on the forum. LOL. Sorry. I tried to make that as clinical as possible.
Simular reaction with my wifu. Kava can make for some fun time. My wifu tends to enternalize stress, and kava relaxes her, so the umm peaks happen faster for her. Normally when she is stressed no matter how much "frenzied excitement" there is, it isn't going to happen for her.
I personally do not get that from kava, and if I get couch locked ain't nothing but the lazies happening to me. So in my personal experience kava (and not being in my 20's anymore) can slow down my libedo, but it's usually my fault for over doing it.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Way to go @KavaCat, you have just increased Kava sales by 50%. :woot: I think all the Kava vendors owe you big time. :LOL: But seriously folks, what can decrease Libido is the everyday stress of the work day and all the nagging thoughts floating around your head that make you anxious. Kava attacks all of that and therefore should be good for a Libido that is beaten up by stress and anxiety. By the same token, if your Libido is over the top, I think Kava would help settle that down too. Kinda like a stabllizer. Gotta go now, I'm slipping some Nene instant into my wife's smoothie. (See what you started?) :whistle:
Well you will not be able to roofy that stuff on no one. "Ummm what is that nasty taste in my smoothie? @Deleted User01!"

KavaCat

Meow.
Haha! Perhaps, but the guys who are buying this for their ladies will have to find a way to make them drink it. I'm not sure those 50% sales will be sustained lol.

And yeah, I agree, sex is intensely psychological. A lot of people forget that. I could definitely see it being a stabilizer.

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
im a male and currently i have no problems in that area luckilly. however the 1st 1 or 2 tbs especially of instant or micro can really make me want to take my wife to the bedroom

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
ahhh i see your rationale of thinking here...use nene and she will want to go to bed afterwards ;)

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
As I stated earlier in the thread, during the "ascent" phase of a kava session, I get insanely horny. The more krunk I get, however,
the harder it is (no pun intended) to achieve fireworks.

Most times when I start drinking kava, my wife (non kava drinker) looks at me sideways, and
says, with that cute little wink in her eye, "Ya. I know what *you're* going to be asking me in about half an hour..."

Status
Not open for further replies.